Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2008, 04:46 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,838,527 times

Advertisements

Go in late, Robyn. Take that interview if at all possible. And GOOD LUCK!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 05:10 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,177,964 times
Ditto what pirate girl said!

Old 04-16-2008, 08:42 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,832,856 times
Call you current employer, tell them you quit, hang up and go to the interview, tell the lady you just quit your job so you could make this interview. Because you really really really want to work there. And can you start tomorrow please.

Old 04-16-2008, 01:34 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,838,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Call you current employer, tell them you quit, hang up and go to the interview, tell the lady you just quit your job so you could make this interview. Because you really really really want to work there. And can you start tomorrow please.

He's pretty smart (I won't even add "for a man") I hope you went today, Robyn. And I really hope you got the job.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:40 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Good Morning. I didn't go. They chose from the two girls they had already done 2nd interviews on. They were short staffed and they needed someone quickly, so they went ahead and chose without doing my 2nd interview.

She called me yesterday afternoon. I ended up working only a half day.

My son had a pretty bad asthma attack. His chest was pretty tight, constricted. On three meds now and had a few breathing treatments yesterday.

I found out that ibs insurance does not cover medications, what you have to do is pay for them out of pocket and file the claim, then they MAY reimburse you.

Also, per each person, there is a 250 deductible, and that is in order to see the dr.

It says right on the paperwork that since this is a short term policy, it does not cover past medical problems or current ones. My question is wth does it cover???

Nothing.

I called ib when I knew I would be taking him to the dr. I do this each time, if one of the kids are sick, etc.

He finally called me back, didn't care how he was doing, says put him on the phone. I gave A the phone and he was asking him if he checked the air filter on the lawn mower, did he change the oil on the lawn mower, etc.

A says daddy I don't know how to do that, and he started getting upset...

The man didn't even ask how he was feeling. UGH.

I suppose I will call this other offer I had today... I am not much on the hours... I don't know.

I cannot stay at this place. They will probably fire me after not coming back in yesterday. Oh well.

Happy Thursday.

Old 04-17-2008, 05:04 AM

Good morning Robyn - I'm sorry to hear about A's asthma attack, is he doing better now?

Also sorry about the interview/job. Hey, if your current job fires you, file for unemployment - it would certainly free you up to pursue other job opportunities.

I know this is a stressful time for you, but you really have to find a way to get out of that pit where you work now. If it means giving less than the normal 2-week notice, so be it.

I'm sorry IB is being such a jerk. IMO, he should be the one who has to pay any out of pocket costs incurred for medical while he has this "short term policy." You shouldn't have to pay for his stupidity.

In any case, try not to let the stress at work get to you (I know, easier said than done), just keep focused on finding a way to get out of that place!

Old 04-17-2008, 05:25 AM

Hi D2D. A is doing better. Sleeping still, but has woken up for his I love you Mommy...and good morning.

Quite a bit of coughing through the night. I will have him stay home again today.

Sometimes, I wish they would just fire me, I know, a terrible thought/thing to say.

ib.... he thinks all of this is perfectly fine. I just want to move a million miles from him, seriously.

I have another job opportunity, I am not in love with the hours, but we will see. I am calling the drs wife today, and talking with her. She wanted me to come out and see their second office, and with all that has gone on this past week, I have not been able to even think of calling her. Will do that today.

I know the perfect job doesn't just fall right into our laps, but I sure wish it would.....

Old 04-17-2008, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
Hi D2D. A is doing better. Sleeping still, but has woken up for his I love you Mommy...and good morning.

Quite a bit of coughing through the night. I will have him stay home again today.

Sometimes, I wish they would just fire me, I know, a terrible thought/thing to say.

ib.... he thinks all of this is perfectly fine. I just want to move a million miles from him, seriously.

I have another job opportunity, I am not in love with the hours, but we will see. I am calling the drs wife today, and talking with her. She wanted me to come out and see their second office, and with all that has gone on this past week, I have not been able to even think of calling her. Will do that today.

I know the perfect job doesn't just fall right into our laps, but I sure wish it would.....
Hi Robyn - I'm happy to hear A is doing better - at least that's one less thing to worry about.

I'm assuming you would need IB's "permission" to move closer to your family, am I right, our could you just try to get the court's permission?

As for the perfect job, let me tell you a little story - when we first relocated my hubby had to find a new job, which he did before we moved. I didn't have to, just brought mine with me, so to speak. Anyway, we lived in our new area 10 months, found a house we liked and we bought it. The day after we closed on the house, with no warning, hubby was fired. Oh crap, now what are we going to do?

We moved to an area that doesn't have a lot of jobs and hubby is 58. He used to work for IBM, when we moved, he went into woodworking - big cut in pay, but he was happy doing it. We found an ad for a woodworker, he went in and got the job. At the time, it didn't seem all that "perfect." Longer commute, longer days, less pay than with the first place. However, he's now been there a little over a year and loves it.

It takes him 20-30 minutes to get to work, he works 10-hour days, 4 days a week, with a 3-day weekend and he's now back to making what he was at the first place and likes this second place much better than the first.

My point is - although a job may not seem like it's what you want due to the "whatever" factor, it may turn into something that you love and wonder why you were so hesitant to take in the first place. That's what happened with my husband.....so my "advice" would be to take whatever job is offered to you and see what happens. I can't imagine another place being as bad as where you are now!

Old 04-17-2008, 05:32 PM

So much went on today on the realm of ib.....

I do wish I could just move away. Yes, I would need his permission, etc.

I am just bent out of shape over him today. ugh...

Old 04-17-2008, 05:50 PM

Robyn - Perhaps it's time to re-initiate the "click method" when dealing with ib - you have enough stress right now without his .... uh......input? (I'm trying very hard to be nice here)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships