Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2014, 10:38 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
LOL, I looove doing that! And I spend waaaay too much time on it. That's part of the problem, lol. Every year I say, "Okay, it's no big deal, just wrap it and put a bow on it." (Or just use a gift bag!) And then, without fail, I'm getting all creative, playing with colors, bows/ribbons, cutting up old Christmas cards to make up custom tags... Lol!!

We used to have a relative who brought those every Christmas.
I did too.....

Old 12-09-2014, 10:41 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
Anyone who receives a gift from me is likely to find dog hair or bird fluff stuck to the tape. LOL
Same here. lol

Old 12-09-2014, 11:05 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
LOL! same, I sit there and cut the paper perfectly, make the ribbons & bows myself. lol. Its relaxing.... so much so, my mum leaves me her gifts to wrap too....
OOh the old card thing, I'm stealing that!

I use to work at a chocolate store, where the best part of that (other than sampling the chocolate ) was wrapping them for all the old ladies who would come in.

lol, except you have confused me

EDIT, ohhh I get it. lol
When I was probably still a teenager, I discovered this old bow-making/ribbon/wrapping booklet my mom had in with the wrapping stuff. I was all over that, making rosebud bows, etc., lol.

Lol, there are tons of good stuff on the cards.

Old 12-10-2014, 02:40 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Well Big E (my part time gal) stopped by last night and we had a wonderful visit and Walter pranced around so much because he was so happy to see her.
She loves the lap quilt but requested a blanket and I will be getting that done today. Not much too it though, it is 2 yard of fleece that I will put evil binding on.
She requested this particular blanket because she saw the fabric in the dining room and asked if it was meant for anyone specific.
I told her no and she asked if I would do the blanket for her and she would pay me.
Pay me???? I laughed at her and told her she would not be paying me for anything and to stop by later today and her blanket will be done.

Old 12-10-2014, 05:55 AM

Well, I am at a point where I cannot continue on the blanket. I have the binding all sewed together and ironed and ready to be attached but every time I sit down to start attaching the binding I cannot move the fleece part of the blanket because Cailleach has decided it is nap time and curled up in the middle of the blanket.

Maybe later today I will have her permission to actually get this done.

Old 12-10-2014, 11:03 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Well, I am at a point where I cannot continue on the blanket. I have the binding all sewed together and ironed and ready to be attached but every time I sit down to start attaching the binding I cannot move the fleece part of the blanket because Cailleach has decided it is nap time and curled up in the middle of the blanket.

Maybe later today I will have her permission to actually get this done.
Awwww.lol!

Old 12-10-2014, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Awwww.lol!
I did finally get this blanket done and it was not without challenge let me tell you but the binding looks great....LOL

Cailleach did finally leave so I sat down to start again and she came back but this time not only did she
"lay" on the blanket, she did the "full alligator roll" and wound herself up into it.
I surrendered again and after 4 rounds of that, the bobbin thread running out 1/4 of the way through and the spool thread running out 3/4 of the way through I FINALLY got it done and she is coming over in just a few minutes to pick it up.

I honestly did not think it was going to look that good because she wanted multi colored binding but it really looks great with all the colors.

Edited to Add: Well, Big E just left and I made her cry, she loves the blanket.

Last edited by CSD610; 12-10-2014 at 03:38 PM..

Old 12-10-2014, 03:47 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
I did finally get this blanket done and it was not without challenge let me tell you but the binding looks great....LOL

Cailleach did finally leave so I sat down to start again and she came back but this time not only did she
"lay" on the blanket, she did the "full alligator roll" and wound herself up into it.
I surrendered again and after 4 rounds of that, the bobbin thread running out 1/4 of the way through and the spool thread running out 3/4 of the way through I FINALLY got it done and she is coming over in just a few minutes to pick it up.

I honestly did not think it was going to look that good because she wanted multi colored binding but it really looks great with all the colors.

Very nice, CSD.

Old 12-10-2014, 04:37 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:

Haha that's cute.I hope you took pics of it.

Old 12-10-2014, 05:01 PM

I have photos of the completed blanket but not of Cailleach being wrapped up in it.
I would post the photos but I took all the albums down today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.