Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2014, 05:09 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times

Advertisements

Yeah, were back to weight loss, it's food boobs cars and weight loss that seems to make the rounds around here.

I know what to do in terms of losing weight, but man... Just slaying that dragon is something that keeps kicking my ass.

I was never really fat growing up, I look at pics of me HS and at the time I thought of myself as fat, now I see those pics and think how thin I was.

I found an old pic my when I was in Hawaii coming out of the water looking all studly as I used to weight train a lot back then.. I was almost impressed with myself.. LOL.

I think with work demands and my sleep apnea it's tough to make myself move forward in losing weight, but the ironic part is that losing weight tends to help people with sleep apnea, but it feels like a cart before the horse deal... as you need energy to workout but you don't have the energy from lack of sleep.

I can't blame it all on sleep apnea, most of it is good old fashioned laziness, probably my single biggest complaint with myself is my laziness... LOL....

The first step in any problem solving endeavor is to recognize that there is a problem.

I'm not that fat dude that looks at me in the mirror.

Old 11-09-2014, 05:10 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,273,394 times
Around here the leaves are either mowed over or left most of the time. Mr. CSD will get ambitious when he has indulged too much on junk food and needs to stabilize his diabetic numbers.

Adi, that is so true and one of these days I will take the time to tell you the entire process I used when starting to lose weight.

The key for any major life changes like that is to do it for yourself only and no one else.

I just finished my blog for this evening and I have read it several times and I really like this one.

Old 11-09-2014, 05:13 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, were back to weight loss, it's food boobs cars and weight loss that seems to make the rounds around here.

I know what to do in terms of losing weight, but man... Just slaying that dragon is something that keeps kicking my ass.

I was never really fat growing up, I look at pics of me HS and at the time I thought of myself as fat, now I see those pics and think how thin I was.

I found an old pic my when I was in Hawaii coming out of the water looking all studly as I used to weight train a lot back then.. I was almost impressed with myself.. LOL.

I think with work demands and my sleep apnea it's tough to make myself move forward in losing weight, but the ironic part is that losing weight tends to help people with sleep apnea, but it feels like a cart before the horse deal... as you need energy to workout but you don't have the energy from lack of sleep.

I can't blame it all on sleep apnea, most of it is good old fashioned laziness, probably my single biggest complaint with myself is my laziness... LOL....

The first step in any problem solving endeavor is to recognize that there is a problem.

That sounds like what I went though. When I couldn't do what used to do and the pants once again got too snug, I took action. It was easier than I thought. I wa consistent, I didn't deprive myself of anything. I did cut back on how much I ate and somewhat how I cooked.

I lost and kept it all off. To the point I got rid of my fat clothes. Several pants, shirts and good carhartt jacket to a neighbor who lost their house in a bad fire earlier this year.

Old 11-09-2014, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
That sounds like what I went though. When I couldn't do what used to do and the pants once again got too snug, I took action. It was easier than I thought. I wa consistent, I didn't deprive myself of anything. I did cut back on how much I ate and somewhat how I cooked.

I lost and kept it all off. To the point I got rid of my fat clothes. Several pants, shirts and good carhartt jacket to a neighbor who lost their house in a bad fire earlier this year.
Yeah, I'm in extra large shirts now, granted they are big on me, but I'm busting out of larges now.

The pants went from 36" the 38"

Loosened up the old belt a notch or two.

Painful realization for me is the going from large to extra large t shirts... that's when the depression shame and self loathing arrived.

On a plus side, I have been getting better at portions... not a lot better but moving in that direction.

LOL.. jeez sounds like an over eaters anonymous meeting around here.

Old 11-09-2014, 05:27 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,121,890 times
Quote:

sleep apnea is horrible...
with sleep apnea you aren't getting a great nights sleep which makes you tired etc...

To me, its about changing habits... I've never been on a "diet", but I have changed my habits over the years.

Old 11-09-2014, 05:30 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Quote:
Yeah, I'm in extra large shirts now, granted they are big on me, but I'm busting out of larges now.

The pants went from 36" the 38"

Loosened up the old belt a notch or two.

Painful realization for me is the going from large to extra large t shirts... that's when the depression shame and self loathing arrived.

On a plus side, I have been getting better at portions... not a lot better but moving in that direction.

LOL.. jeez sounds like an over eaters anonymous meeting around here.
When I outgrew a 38" inseam, I made up my mind. I am down to a belt and 32" waist. I will not allow myself to go beyond that. Large shirts fit just fine.

Next I need to work harder on conditioning.

Old 11-09-2014, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
sleep apnea is horrible...
with sleep apnea you aren't getting a great nights sleep which makes you tired etc...

To me, its about changing habits... I've never been on a "diet", but I have changed my habits over the years.
It's definitely a lifestyle that needs to be adapted to.

The thing is I know if I knuckle down and do it I can actually drop weight fairly easy...... I've done so in the past and yeah, I know a lot of if is just initially water.

I like my wine and man... does alcohol pack it on... if I got rid of the wine I probably wouldn't be so heavy... I do like food but with exercise and all you can manage it.

I need to view exercise like work to some degree, meaning that it's something you just have to do. I just hate going to the gym... they are always friggin packed and I just don't like a lot of elements about the gym... too much of a meat market vibe a lot of the times. See women in full make up and skimpy attire.

IDK... I think mostly it's just that they are always jam packed. My gym just opened another location in my same city and both seem like they are just as crowded as ever, I was hoping that it would level out a bit.

Sometimes I like to walk/job around the block... but that gets boring too.... I don't know how much of this is excuse making or legit complaints......

Old 11-09-2014, 05:52 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,273,394 times
Chow, I think we do a pretty good job of discussing a number of other topics as well but you the constants always have to be there.

Currently I am trying to get the treadmill cleared off so it can actually be used by a human and not storing all the stuff that on it at this moment.
I am hoping to go tomorrow and purchase the Food Saver machine I want for us, then I can take the one back to the neighbor.
It works just fine but the one I want I think is going to be more efficient and easier to use and it is about 10 years newer than the machine the neighbor has.

Old 11-09-2014, 06:02 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,121,890 times
Quote:
It's definitely a lifestyle that needs to be adapted to.

The thing is I know if I knuckle down and do it I can actually drop weight fairly easy...... I've done so in the past and yeah, I know a lot of if is just initially water.

I like my wine and man... does alcohol pack it on... if I got rid of the wine I probably wouldn't be so heavy... I do like food but with exercise and all you can manage it.

I need to view exercise like work to some degree, meaning that it's something you just have to do. I just hate going to the gym... they are always friggin packed and I just don't like a lot of elements about the gym... too much of a meat market vibe a lot of the times. See women in full make up and skimpy attire.

IDK... I think mostly it's just that they are always jam packed. My gym just opened another location in my same city and both seem like they are just as crowded as ever, I was hoping that it would level out a bit.

Sometimes I like to walk/job around the block... but that gets boring too.... I don't know how much of this is excuse making or legit complaints......
ah men! lol

oh and yes, wine for me too but I am just not giving it up... lol -

I get bored to tears with running, unless I have headphones on....then I just sing along. Just walking though is a good way to start the day.

I guess if you don't enjoy something you're not going to do it... Plus I have horrible back pain from time to time, so if I do not keep on top of that...life is just

Old 11-09-2014, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Chow, I think we do a pretty good job of discussing a number of other topics as well but you the constants always have to be there.
LOL, yeah, I guess we talk about a fairly large amount of differing things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
ah men! lol

oh and yes, wine for me too but I am just not giving it up... lol -

I get bored to tears with running, unless I have headphones on....then I just sing along. Just walking though is a good way to start the day.

I guess if you don't enjoy something you're not going to do it... Plus I have horrible back pain from time to time, so if I do not keep on top of that...life is just
No one is giving up wine completely....... LOL... I've purposely haven't done the calorie count on what a few glasses is, I'm living in ignorance on that one....

Cardio in general is boring, but again, gotta get done. I do like the stairmaster and the elliptical trainer is ok too... I just hate running on treadmills, doesn't seem good on the joints......

The headphones on blastin Slayer or some other nonsense is mandatory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships