Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2014, 12:13 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Is it one of those click pens that have several colors? Do they still make those? We used to drive teachers ape s**t writing an assignment in different colors.
LOL, no.

My kids only write in pencil. No pens.

And I just have a drawer full of pens...I'm kind of OCD about them...lol

Old 12-21-2014, 12:19 AM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I can see that. An employee on the same organization I work in passed away about a month after Robin Williams passed. Same way. Funny guy, too. Similar battle with depression.
I've battled depression my whole life, but I suppose I've been lucky in that I've never slipped to the depths that he did... I mean, I've never once contemplated suicide never... never has it entered my mind... I've often wondered that dead people might be lucky in the sense that their troubles are over, but that was the extent... to take that thinking to the next level and get the belt out.... good lord.... what a nightmare to be in that frame of mind.

Sorry... I'll suck it up and get back to the regularly scheduled programming and not get so heavy...

Old 12-21-2014, 12:19 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
LOL, no.

<Opens desk drawer and looks>
I knew that sounded familiar.
I just noticed the "view first unread post" button skipped a few.

Old 12-21-2014, 12:20 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Quote:

Is it one of those click pens that have several colors? Do they still make those? We used to drive teachers ape s**t writing an assignment in different colors.
Apparently so. Those things never felt comfortable to me. I have this groove in my left middle finger where pens and pencils go, from years of drawing. If the pen/pencil doesn't fit, I don't use it.

Quote:
LOL, no.

I am too. And with flashlights.

Old 12-21-2014, 12:22 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've battled depression my whole life, but I suppose I've been lucky in that I've never slipped to the depths that he did... I mean, I've never once contemplated suicide never... never has it entered my mind... I've often wondered that dead people might be lucky in the sense that their troubles are over, but that was the extent... to take that thinking to the next level and get the belt out.... good lord.... what a nightmare to be in that frame of mind.

Sorry... I'll suck it up and get back to the regularly scheduled programming and not get so heavy...
I had a line of duty death that got me. I was in a bad part of life. That was the worst. It is part of the catalyst that led to my divorce.

I also think there is some seasonal stuff going on with me. I hate this time of year.

Old 12-21-2014, 12:24 AM

Quote:
<Opens desk drawer and looks>
I knew that sounded familiar.
I just noticed the "view first unread post" button skipped a few.
You are a pen hoarder too? lol

Hah mags...I couldn't find a flashlight in this house if I tried.

Old 12-21-2014, 12:31 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
Quote:
I had a line of duty death that got me. I was in a bad part of life. That was the worst. It is part of the catalyst that led to my divorce.

I also think there is some seasonal stuff going on with me. I hate this time of year.
One of our neighbors died earlier this year. It jolted me worse than dad's death because this guy, though retired, was seemingly healthy yet dropped dead. I was forwarding their mail to their other home on the west coast when I realized he had not responded to my email. Then one day his wife called, her voice mail didn't say what happened but I knew it was bad news.

Old 12-21-2014, 12:34 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Quote:
One of our neighbors died earlier this year. It jolted me worse than dad's death because this guy, though retired, was seemingly healthy yet dropped dead. I was forwarding their mail to their other home on the west coast when I realized he had not responded to my email. Then one day his wife called, her voice mail didn't say what happened but I knew it was bad news.
I've responded to about three calls where I needed the coroner. It didn't bother me. We had a job to do. Part of that was taking care of family. Taking care of the scene.

Old 12-21-2014, 12:40 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Quote:

My brother had a couple that got to him. One was a car accident......well....car vs freight train. Whole family wiped out. Another was a house fire, kids involved again.

Quote:
You are a pen hoarder too? lol

Hah mags...I couldn't find a flashlight in this house if I tried.
I can only find two for some reason. lol

Quote:

Not the same, but I get bummed out when mail shows up for the old man that used to own my house.

He was a war vet. Fought the Nazis for Poland and was captured. He escaped and made his way to Canada and love every inch of his adoptive new home. I recently received one that was from Veterans Affairs. The envelope suggested something about wanting his stories before it's too late.
I also received a letter, presumably from family in Poland, addressed to his wife. But she has been dead the better part of 10 years.

Do I send this stuff back with a letter of my own? Explaining that they have passed? I don't know what to do. lol None of it is open.

Old 12-21-2014, 12:41 AM

Well I'm off to bed. I need to get up early and make pumpkin bread for an event. Ugggh...should have made it this evening.

Night boys!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.