Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2014, 12:42 AM

52,268 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I've responded to about three calls where I needed the coroner. It didn't bother me. We had a job to do. Part of that was taking care of family. Taking care of the scene.
That's where a certain level of detachment obviously helps....... as hard and crappy as it sounds life goes on.... not so easy for a family in pain, but as I said... hard to hear for them......

Old 12-21-2014, 12:43 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Kids usually get you.

If you do it long enough ther is something that catches you and become an emotional trigger.

Old 12-21-2014, 12:45 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,430,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Well I'm off to bed. I need to get up early and make pumpkin bread for an event. Ugggh...should have made it this evening.

Night boys!
Good night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
That's where a certain level of detachment obviously helps....... as hard and crappy as it sounds life goes on.... not so easy for a family in pain, but as I said... hard to hear for them......
I've noticed paramedics tend to develop a fairly morbid sense of humour. Presumably to distance themselves from the images burned into their brains, day in, and day out.

Old 12-21-2014, 12:46 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,430,926 times
Quote:
Kids usually get you.

If you do it long enough ther is something that catches you and become an emotional trigger.
That's the one that always gets my brother. He's got 5 of his own kids.

Old 12-21-2014, 12:51 AM

One last thing tonight about sad stuff.

Mrs. Chows dad had emergency surgery a few days ago and he's been in the hospital, they've since shipped him to a nursing home to finish up his care, but at 90... IDK... he's just not bouncing back from this and we're hoping to get him home, but at 90 and with a major surgery... who knows if he can come home... he's weak and not eating and is really really thin and frail... he's a little guy to begin with, but he looks like a little bird....

We visited him in the nursing home today and it pulled up a lot of memories for me and my moms death... she spent her last days in a nursing home with cancer......

IDK.... life is ****ed and hopeless at times....... but something that these nursing homes teach me....

LIVE, LIVE NOW!!!!! cause that's all we have.... cause without being a nervous nelly and fearful... we can all wind up in a place like that.... old.... sick and life passing you by.

I really need to hear this message and I'm at a point in life where the message is being pounded at me..... my mom, Mrs' Chow's brother, her dad.......

We've spent far far too much time in nursing homes for people our ages.......

"Get busy living or get busy dying"

...... (Red from Shawshank Redemption)

Edit to add....

Mrs. Chow's dad is part of the greatest generation that fought in WW2... those old timers are dying off and he's part of that.. he was there as a young man and while I have some issues with him in some areas... I give him the respect for his contribution to the war efforts, he was in the navy and was overseas during the war.... again.... He paid his dues and did what a man of his generation did... they paid the ultimate sacrifice...... and for that, I have to give him respect, event though at times I have to have restraint as I want to strangle him... but that is best left for another rant.

Old 12-21-2014, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
That's the one that always gets my brother. He's got 5 of his own kids.
Sounds like he needs a new hobby.

If you are in the business long enough it will happen.

Old 12-21-2014, 12:53 AM

Quote:
One last thing tonight about sad stuff.

Mrs. Chows dad had emergency surgery a few days ago and he's been in the hospital, they've since shipped him to a nursing home to finish up his care, but at 90... IDK... he's just not bouncing back from this and we're hoping to get him home, but at 90 and with a major surgery... who knows if he can come home... he's weak and not eating and is really really thin and frail... he's a little guy to begin with, but he looks like a little bird....

We visited him in the nursing home today and it pulled up a lot of memories for me and my moms death... she spent her last days in a nursing home with cancer......

IDK.... life is ****ed and hopeless at times....... but something that these nursing homes teach me....

LIVE, LIVE NOW!!!!! cause that's all we have.... cause without being a nervous nelly and fearful... we can all wind up in a place like that.... old.... sick and life passing you by.

I really need to hear this message and I'm at a point in life where the message is being pounded at me..... my mom, Mrs' Chow's brother, her dad.......

We've spent far far too much time in nursing homes for people our ages.......

"Get busy living or get busy dying"

...... (Red from Shawshank Redemption)
I know that feeling. You guys are in my thoughts.

Old 12-21-2014, 01:06 AM

Quote:
I know that feeling. You guys are in my thoughts.
Thanks for the kind words....

Things like that mean a lot to people that are struggling....

Old 12-21-2014, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words....

Things like that mean a lot to people that are struggling....
Ive struggled though it, more than once. If I can help someone else through it, I am on it. I hate seeing friends hurting.

Old 12-21-2014, 01:17 AM

Watching the '99 version of "The Thamas Crown Affair." I had three thoughts. First ,Rene Russo is tasty. Second, Nina Simone's Sinnerman is an awesome song. Third, the original with Steve McQueen will always be my favorite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.