Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 04:23 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,560,913 times

Advertisements

So if it's your first time going out, it's not called a date? Who knew?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2014, 05:08 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaBrooklynGirl View Post
Hey y'all...

I don't usually post on message boards about this kind of thing and I feel a bit silly doing it, but here goes...

Ever since getting out of a long term relationship over a year ago, I have been using online dating. It came as a pleasant surprise when a good looking guy asked me to dance at a friend's wedding and asked for my number at the end of the night.

He contacted me a week later and we went out to dinner on a Saturday night. He picked me up, paid, and we had nice convo. There was no physical contact. He didn't contact me the next day. I decided to text him saying "thanks for dinner again. I had a great time" He responded promptly saying my pleasure and that he did too. We did not speak again for 4 days and I moved on.

On Friday ( nearly a week after our first date), he contacted me again and went out again. Had fun at an amusement park. Again, he didn't initiate any physical contact. I leaned in and kissed him on the cheek when he dropped me off at night- he didn't take that close contact any further.

Anyway, now it's Monday afternoon and I haven't heard from him since our date on Saturday night. All circumstances considered, is it safe to assume he's not interested in me and just move on?

Thanks!
"Oh the games people play now
Every night and every day now
Never meaning what they say now
Never saying what they mean..."

He is playing you. The reason(s)? Beats me. It won't turn out good.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:37 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,810,837 times
Maybe he is playing her, maybe not. If/when I feel like I am being played, I move on. It is just not worth it.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:47 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,967,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Kind of sad that if a guy isn't overly aggressive in terms of trying to have sex quickly that he's not interested... He may not be interested, but as someone else said, maybe he just moves slowly.
Also kinda sad that so many are saying he's playing her, playing hard to get, not interested.. Move on.
It's only been a couple of days and a holiday weekend to boot.
It doesn't make sense to me.. Maybe miserable people really do love company.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:52 PM

20 posts, read 24,102 times
LOL. I'll keep y'all posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships