Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 07:39 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,795,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Judge Judy always tells women in a bad relationship on her show"You picked them"

I do not understand that.

Let me explain....

How can women be the choosers if MEN approach women they like 90% of the time?
Isn"t it men who really do the choosing?

If a woman does not have any man approach her,then how is she the "chooser"?
Most women i know who do not get chosen(approached) do not pursue any relationship esp if nobody chooses her.

For women who do get approached,and only gets approached by bums,then how is she doing the choosing IF only the bums approach her?

Are not the bums choosing her for a potential relationship?
I think what she means is, men do the approaching but women have the final say in whether or not they will accept a man.

When a man is a "bum" and a woman accepts him anyway, that's on her.

If only "bums" are approaching you, you might want to consider a little therapy to get to the bottom of what kind of image you are portraying to the world
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2014, 07:46 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,810,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
That's like saying a company isn't the chooser because potential employees apply to them and not vice versa
I think this is a great analogy.

Old 09-17-2014, 07:48 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,020,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I think this is a great analogy.

Agreed. Looking at my female friends, they definitely do the choosing. Plenty choose to stay alone because the choices are poor, but still.

Old 09-17-2014, 07:53 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,810,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Agreed. Looking at my female friends, they definitely do the choosing. Plenty choose to stay alone because the choices are poor, but still.
Yep.

Although to be fair, it's not like a man (in this traditional man approaching woman scenario) has no choice. He also chooses by choosing who to approach in the first place. But that's beside the point. Like you said, if (as a woman) "bums" are approaching you, all you do is say no. If you say yes, well, they Judge Judy in the OP is right, you did indeed choose them (as well).

Old 09-17-2014, 08:14 AM

58 posts, read 59,649 times
Why is this even a question? Women obviously select those she will date.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:22 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,932,513 times
The bottom line is women are pickier. It makes sense. She is the weaker and more vulnerable one. She is usually looking for a man to be a source of strength and stability. Men do choose which women to pursue. But their first cut is a much bigger pool than hers. IMHO, men could be happily married with a larger number of women that vice versa. Women choose which man they want from the available pool of suitors/bf's they've had. Plus, a lot of women are not potted plants when it comes to being approached. They flirt and give hints, and sometimes ask out first. Women will also hint about getting married, even pressure their bf to get married. So yes, it ultimately ends up being that they choose each other. But then Judge Judy is correct. You choose him!!!! She made her choice from the choices that were available to her.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:39 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,800,054 times
Quote:
You would only have a point if women were forced to say yes when men approached them. As it happens, they are not. The above posters are correct (also, +1 to the great analogy about employers/employees). The final say is the "chooser", and as you pointed out, men do most of the approaching, which means women most often have the final "say" as to whether or not they get together.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:39 AM

457 posts, read 605,683 times
Quote:
Judge Judy always tells women in a bad relationship on her show"You picked them"

I do not understand that.

Let me explain....

If a woman does not have any man approach her,then how is she the "chooser"?
Most women i know who do not get chosen(approached) do not pursue any relationship esp if nobody chooses her.

For women who do get approached,and only gets approached by bums,then how is she doing the choosing IF only the bums approach her?

Are not the bums choosing her for a potential relationship?
It is because women on the whole have more options, hence they have their 'pick'. Of course, this is only a generalization, but it is true more often than not, since guys are more frequently outward about their interests in a woman.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:41 AM

457 posts, read 605,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Yep.

Although to be fair, it's not like a man (in this traditional man approaching woman scenario) has no choice. He also chooses by choosing who to approach in the first place. But that's beside the point. Like you said, if (as a woman) "bums" are approaching you, all you do is say no. If you say yes, well, they Judge Judy in the OP is right, you did indeed choose them (as well).
Yep, I agree men have choices. For some, though it's very cut and dry, either approach or stay single.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:47 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,885,040 times
men choose who they decide to approach, women choose who they want a relationship with. its that simple. guy A can approach woman B, but if woman B doesnt want guy A, then there is no relationship. if guy A forces the issue, then woman B calls the cops and guy A goes to jail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships