Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 07:26 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times

Advertisements

He'll find himself divorce, broke and homeless if he continues to help this woman. Yeah, God works in mysterious ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2014, 07:38 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,771,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Don't count me amongst the bible thumpers, but I do know a bit about the bible, and I know enough about it to say that if he believes in God, he wouldn't be doing this to you because I'm pretty sure that cheating on your wife is a sin.

Now, he hasn't cheated on your physically yet, possibly emotionally. He still shouldn't be doing this to you anyway.

I feel the same way too

Old 09-28-2014, 07:39 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,771,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
One person does not HAVE to trust another person. Trust needs to be earned.

Why doesn't this guy help a homeless MAN?

Ohhhh . . . because she is "just a friend" . . .
^^^^ yeah...

And pigs fly

Old 09-28-2014, 08:25 PM

8 posts, read 7,427 times
Well I wish this was fictitious writing, but no it is all true. He has not had sex with this woman but keeps saying he is determined to figure out why God has supposedly brought her into his life. Yes, he has pretty much snapped, he used to be a kind and caring husband at one time....this woman is also half his age and nothing to write home about. I mean sure we have our problems but I have always been committed to working them out...

The trigger for this whole event was we had an disagreement one day and out of hurt he wrote a book about who he dreamed his next girl would be and now he says that girl is here...believing it is a sign from God...

I can handle honesty but not this, he can't have both.

Old 09-28-2014, 08:32 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovepeaches View Post
Well I wish this was fictitious writing, but no it is all true. He has not had sex with this woman but keeps saying he is determined to figure out why God has supposedly brought her into his life. Yes, he has pretty much snapped, he used to be a kind and caring husband at one time....this woman is also half his age and nothing to write home about. I mean sure we have our problems but I have always been committed to working them out...

The trigger for this whole event was we had an disagreement one day and out of hurt he wrote a book about who he dreamed his next girl would be and now he says that girl is here...believing it is a sign from God...

He can't have both, and you can't let him try.

It really sounds like he has some serious mental/emotional problems. Tell him to move out until he gets his head on straight.

Old 09-28-2014, 09:08 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,149,907 times
Quote:

Ask him how he knows it isnt a sign from Satan. Remind him that many cultures used trained priests and shamans to determine if someone is having a sign a from God. The theory being that the average man doesnt have the knowledge and training to determine if God has truely sent them a sign, or Satan is manipulating them.

Its great he wants to help someone, but the girl is just an innocent who is hard on luck these days. Im sure the girl isnt telling him she is a sign from God. He may very well genuinely be confused. Writing a book about who his next woman will be sounds like part of the confusion. My husband and I always handled arguements by having make-up sex. Neither of us wrote books or sought out visions from God over anything.

I believe your husband - I believe he believes what he says - and if you do too, he needs help before he completely opens a door he can never close shut again in his own mind. Try to be gentle and understanding. Bring up the fact to him that the Devil is a Liar and maybe send him off to speak with your pastor - or seek any religious based counceling.

Be careful, and watch for signs of agitation or violent behavior. Continue to show you care about him, if you truely do - speak to some religious figure yourself about the situation if he wont. They are in a better position to advise you than any normal psychologist could given the religious aspect of whatever is going on.

Love him, but come to terms with the fact that you may be losing him, and through no fault of his or your own, or this girl that has crossed his path. He really sounds sick to me. Not cheating, but on the verge of a terrible illness. It could be something physical causing the confusion - liver disease, diabetes, thyroid problem, any number of ailments. When was the last time he had labs and a complete physical exam?

All my best wishes to you. Be strong enough for both of you! God Bless You Both.

Old 09-28-2014, 09:13 PM

4,222 posts, read 4,749,555 times
Surprised so many are assuming this story is for real.

Old 09-28-2014, 09:18 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Quote:
My husband has developed a crush on his work friend, he says he wants to figure out why she is in his life yet doesn't want to break up with me. He says I need to trust him. He seems to think that God has sent him this woman and he is supposed to help her out. He said hes confused. Even through we are financially not well off he says he wants to help her out financially...since she is homeless and just lost her job. I have told him this is wrong in every way but he seems to think I am being ridiculous. The only way I even found out about her is because I saw him texting her on his phone. I am hurt from all this and can't figure out what to do, I want our relationship to work as we've been together 10 years. When I get angry about the girl it seems to push him away more, but I find it so hard to be kind and accepting of the situation. What to do???
Purchase a copy of the book by Dave Ramsey titled: The Total Money Makeover then hand it to your husband and tell him to give it to his co-worker.
It is a financial planning guideline so he will be helping his coworker with finances.
As far as the texting goes if she just lost her job she won't be able to continue to pay for the cell phone so that should take care of itself.

The next obvious question is, how is your husband and this woman "co-workers" if she has no job?

PS ~~ Husbands usually do not "break up" with their wives, they separate from them or divorce them but they do not "break up".

Old 09-28-2014, 09:24 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,149,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
Surprised so many are assuming this story is for real.
Why? There have certainly been dumber and crazier threads in this forum. At least she hasnt made 5 in a row or anything.

Old 09-28-2014, 09:24 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,730,962 times
Men can do strange and awful things. This is not the work of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships