Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 03:09 PM

8 posts, read 7,427 times

Advertisements

My husband has developed a crush on his work friend, he says he wants to figure out why she is in his life yet doesn't want to break up with me. He says I need to trust him. He seems to think that God has sent him this woman and he is supposed to help her out. He said hes confused. Even through we are financially not well off he says he wants to help her out financially...since she is homeless and just lost her job. I have told him this is wrong in every way but he seems to think I am being ridiculous. The only way I even found out about her is because I saw him texting her on his phone. I am hurt from all this and can't figure out what to do, I want our relationship to work as we've been together 10 years. When I get angry about the girl it seems to push him away more, but I find it so hard to be kind and accepting of the situation. What to do???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2014, 03:11 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,744,394 times
Divorce him.

Old 09-28-2014, 03:14 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,010,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovepeaches View Post
My husband has developed a crush on his work friend, he says he wants to figure out why she is in his life yet doesn't want to break up with me. He says I need to trust him. He seems to think that God has sent him this woman and he is supposed to help her out. He said hes confused. Even through we are financially not well off he says he wants to help her out financially...since she is homeless and just lost her job. I have told him this is wrong in every way but he seems to think I am being ridiculous. The only way I even found out about her is because I saw him texting her on his phone. I am hurt from all this and can't figure out what to do, I want our relationship to work as we've been together 10 years. When I get angry about the girl it seems to push him away more, but I find it so hard to be kind and accepting of the situation. What to do???
He definitely is confused. I have a tough time believing God wants him reaching out to this woman at the expense of his own wife. People who use God to rationalize their wrong doing make me sick.

Old 09-28-2014, 03:38 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,207,787 times
Quote:
What to do???
Call a divorce attorney, get your ducks in a row, and kick him out. If she's so wonderful, let her deal with his bad habits, dishonesty, and cheating ways.

Old 09-28-2014, 03:45 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,771,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
He definitely is confused. I have a tough time believing God wants him reaching out to this woman at the expense of his own wife. People who use God to rationalize their wrong doing make me sick.
^^^^^ I agree.

It would be a good idea for you to pray to God about this. Then follow what he tells you.

Old 09-28-2014, 03:50 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,832,148 times
I would definitely ask him to leave immediately and not return until he is no longer "confused". Meanwhile, I would talk to a divorce attorney about protecting your assets.

Old 09-28-2014, 03:58 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,435,276 times
Quote:

How does this happen?

Old 09-28-2014, 04:01 PM

3,850 posts, read 4,155,400 times
Oh honey, no.

Old 09-28-2014, 04:07 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,950,769 times
Your husband is anything but normal, why would someone who is married have a "work crush" and get angry that you don't accept it? No one else would either.

Old 09-28-2014, 04:07 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,491,258 times
Is this chick like bag lady homeless, or what? Have they had sex?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships