Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 06:57 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,184,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Username View Post
You should, MEN LOVE to see it!
Well, I never did OLD and I have a feeling my husband wouldn't really like it if I started now. I also don't think he'd like it if I was plastering pics of me in a bikini all over the place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2014, 07:01 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,212,088 times
Quote:
I'll show them what they want to see, even my package if I dig them enough and they ask me nice enough. You'd be supprized how many over 30 women want to see what you are packing beforehand so they don't waste their time.
Quote:
I never did OLD either, but I sent a hell of a lot of buff pics to curious and horny over 30 women elsewhere. No complaints yet!
Those were dudes asking for your dicpics.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:09 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,184,405 times
Quote:
I never did OLD either, but I sent a hell of a lot of buff pics to curious and horny over 30 women elsewhere. No complaints yet!
Okay.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:16 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,210,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
Those were dudes asking for your dicpics.

+1 for truth.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:20 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,210,990 times
Quote:
Nope, got semi nudes back in trade. No men there......
Those were photos they downloaded off the Internet.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:24 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,379,891 times
Nothing like receiving 10 pics at once from a girl all in diff underwear, knowing they are old pics and probably sent to 1000 other guys.

One time at the gym I met this guy randomly at the gym and it turned out we had slept with like 5 or 6 of the same girls from OLD. We exchanged numbers and texted each other in the future to see if the other knew the girls we were talking to, to see if they were worth meeting up with..

"No way she was like 40lbs heavier than her pics"
"Ya meet up with her if you hate bjs and only like missionary"

Or

"Ya she's a total freak, let me know how it goes!"

Old 10-12-2014, 08:21 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,808,000 times
I like how when some women say they don't like the shirtless pics, the reaction is, "Well you must be old, ugly, unsexual, uptight and out of shape." lol. Seriously, not everyone is going to like it, no matter how good looking you are or they are.

Like I said, it gives the impression that you are only after the physical and hooking up (or possibly one of those people in love with their own body). And yeah, women do this too... maybe not topless, but the overly tight shirt cleavage shot with booty short or something... do you take women like that seriously and think "oh, here's someone to take home to meet mom and dad," or do you think they are looking for sex too? Does it mean you must be old, ugly, unsexual, uptight and out of shape if you prefer a serious relationship with a woman who doesn't pose half nude to the entire internet in her OLD pictures?

I think it boils down to goals with OLD. Are you looking for a relationship vs. are you looking for sex. If you are looking for just sex, I'd say the shirtless picture is probably a win since that's what you are advertising. But a lot of women looking for a serious relationship might look, but they will pass you by thinking it's a red flag.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:25 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,796,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I think it boils down to goals with OLD. Are you looking for a relationship vs. are you looking for sex. If you are looking for just sex, I'd say the shirtless picture is probably a win since that's what you are advertising. But a lot of women looking for a serious relationship might look, but they will pass you by thinking it's a red flag.
OK, that means I shouldn't do it then because I am looking for a relationship. I'm no longer interested in a FWB type of thing.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:41 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,808,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
OK, that means I shouldn't do it then because I am looking for a relationship. I'm no longer interested in a FWB type of thing.
I think a well fitted shirt, get someone to take a nice picture of you in natural light, etc would work. Be sure to have a full body picture. Some interesting tid bits from research from the dating site Zoosk:

Quote:

A full-body image will boost both sexes' messages by an average 203 per cent. Meanwhile women should aim to take their pictures indoors, as this gets them 60 per cent more messages. Men on the other hand get 19 per cent more messages if their pictures are taken outside.

A selfie will get women four per cent more messages, but men eight per cent fewer.

The perfect online dating pictures for men and women | Daily Mail Online

You know, when I goolged ways to improve profile pics without taking shirtless selfies, I found this. It would be of interest to everyone here. I've been saying that type of relationship matters, but age may also matter when it comes to the shirtless picture.

Depending on your age, it might work for you. Older than 31, it might have negative effects (and of course, it doesn't say if the women contacting are looking for hooking up or a relationship. It could be that women older than 30 are looking for a more solid relationship and are less impressed by abs pictures and younger women who aren't ready to settle down and are looking for "fun" like them. But that's my guess.):

Quote:

A 19 year-old showing his abs meets just under 1.4 women for every women he reaches out to, meaning that not only are females responding to his messages, but many are actually contacting him first. For a 31 year-old ab shower, that ratio has regressed to much closer to the average.
Because of our restricted data set for this post, we can only make confident claims for 19 to 31 year-olds right now, but it’s our strong suspicion that this downward trend continues with age.

The 4 Big Myths of Profile Pictures « OkTrends

Old 10-14-2014, 08:42 AM

13 posts, read 11,863 times
I'm a female and don't see a big deal about these pics. Sounds like there'd be an unfair double standard if its only considered acceptable for women to show some cleavage/sexy poses while men can't show their pecs?
Best to take the context of the entire ad: is the guy totally full of himself or is he just enthusiastic about fitness or? As my best friend says= If you've got it, might as well show it off!
A healthy bod is great to look at and it takes effort to get that way for some of us. Muscly men are awesome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships