Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 12:25 PM

4,290 posts, read 4,011,598 times

Advertisements

If some one need time best thing is giving it to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2014, 10:17 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,415,462 times
You can try NC and play games, but in the end, if she doesn't want to be with you.. doesn't matter what amount of time you give her with or without the text. Once someone's made up their mind, their mind's pretty made up.

"You mean a lot to me. I have to think this over" sounds like a soft-blow to me.

Her refuting on your not keeping in touch via text? Means she's still attached. Doesn't mean she's into the relationship like she used to be. Maybe your issues have something to do with trust in the relationship and her not seeing you in the same light anymore?

Old 10-20-2014, 03:35 AM

15 posts, read 12,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
You can try NC and play games, but in the end, if she doesn't want to be with you.. doesn't matter what amount of time you give her with or without the text. Once someone's made up their mind, their mind's pretty made up.

"You mean a lot to me. I have to think this over" sounds like a soft-blow to me.

Her refuting on your not keeping in touch via text? Means she's still attached. Doesn't mean she's into the relationship like she used to be. Maybe your issues have something to do with trust in the relationship and her not seeing you in the same light anymore?
well she never rejected me, she just doesnt know whether she wants a relationship or not (which I think is the result of the way our previous relationship ended -which was the only negative in it-)
what im askin is should i be keeping touch with her during this "thought time" or not?

Old 10-20-2014, 05:15 AM

17 posts, read 10,625 times
I'm in the same boat man.. Exact same story too, I made a stupid mistake in which I just wasn't myself. She was my first love and we were together for 2 years. She also told me after dumping me that she needed time. 1 month after the dumping we met and I begged for a second chance and she said she needed time.. I am now 4 months further and still haven't heard from her. I do NC. And yeah, I am really impatient too.

It seems impossible, but just let her go man. The 2 months after she dumped me I was constantly checking up on her FB and all that sort of crap because that was my way of coping with it. I just could NOT let her go. One day I said to myself to never check again and I did it! Believe me man.. I feel SO much greater. Think about the future and set goals to yourself. I did it and I feel so much better.

Again, it seems impossible, but it's the best for now. If she loves you, she will come back! Believe me! Unfortunately not in my case.. But it will become much better man, just keep strong and you WILL get there! It's all about you now!

Peace

Old 10-20-2014, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyguy View Post
I'm in the same boat man.. Exact same story too, I made a stupid mistake in which I just wasn't myself. She was my first love and we were together for 2 years. She also told me after dumping me that she needed time. 1 month after the dumping we met and I begged for a second chance and she said she needed time.. I am now 4 months further and still haven't heard from her. I do NC. And yeah, I am really impatient too.

It seems impossible, but just let her go man. The 2 months after she dumped me I was constantly checking up on her FB and all that sort of crap because that was my way of coping with it. I just could NOT let her go. One day I said to myself to never check again and I did it! Believe me man.. I feel SO much greater. Think about the future and set goals to yourself. I did it and I feel so much better.

Again, it seems impossible, but it's the best for now. If she loves you, she will come back! Believe me! Unfortunately not in my case.. But it will become much better man, just keep strong and you WILL get there! It's all about you now!

Peace
Nice man. well she told me she only need a few days so im gonna wait for a few days and the "Bye Bye"..

Old 10-20-2014, 06:01 AM

17 posts, read 10,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axlslash View Post
Nice man. well she told me she only need a few days so im gonna wait for a few days and the "Bye Bye"..
Ah, ok that's totally fine. But please don't have any high expectations. I expected a 2nd chance when I begged for it and I got broken once again. So please prepare for the worst, I learned from it. In the meantime, just do your thing like you always do. She'll come around.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyguy View Post
Ah, ok that's totally fine. But please don't have any high expectations. I expected a 2nd chance when I begged for it and I got broken once again. So please prepare for the worst, I learned from it. In the meantime, just do your thing like you always do. She'll come around.

good advice!

Old 10-20-2014, 08:26 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,417 times
Oh the "time trap". Be careful of that my friend, often that means "I don't want you back but I'm afraid to tell you like it is".

Give her a month or two, but be aware she may not be returning.

Old 10-20-2014, 08:32 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,415,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axlslash View Post
well she never rejected me, she just doesnt know whether she wants a relationship or not (which I think is the result of the way our previous relationship ended -which was the only negative in it-)
what im askin is should i be keeping touch with her during this "thought time" or not?
A definitive No.

I don't see why you can't leave a brief message like: "I'm glad I was able to date you." State your stance: "I wish not to contact you at this present time." Wish her well: "Good luck and I hope you meet someone special in your life."

Short and simple. And, really let her go. Perhaps the part that's hardest for most people is that they feel bitterness or hurt when they break-up.

The gentlest break-ups are when you break up as friends, not as enemies. Talk it out once, and that's all you need.

Sorta like finishing unfinished business. Lots of people feel resentful when they have unresolved issues.

Maybe talk it out, and then wish her peace, joy, happiness.. all the good stuff you'd wish for yourself, too.

Really, dating is just a trial period, a small momentary part in our lives that eventually becomes a faded memory.

Old 10-20-2014, 08:38 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
She may like you, but do you really want to be with someone who has to think that hard about whether they really want to spend time with you and have you as a partner? Wouldn't you rather be with someone who has a little more enthusiasm for you and definitely wants you?

Because it's not about her wanting to be in a relationship. It's about her wanting to be in a relationship with you. If she was really into you, she wouldn't be sitting around wasting time. She'd be with you.

In your shoes would fade on her, to be honest. Too many other people out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships