Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2014, 03:24 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Well, Lycos, maybe it's lycans.

Seriously, do a Google image search for "hipster beard." I just... no...

I really think that in 10 or 15 years, men are going to look back on these huge monstrosities the way women look back on The Rachel haircut of the 90s, with one giant .
Yeah, I mean if it works for them then more power to it, but my gf (and all my exes) hates it when I have facial hair and I can't even grow it out to a full beard yet. I know 1 or 2 people with beards, but they aren't really city guys. and they don't have beards that thick either.

I would be lucky to get a beard that looks like this:

http://wardrobelooks.com/wp-content/...-4-630x945.jpg

But mine would end up looking more sparse than this:

http://hqwallbase.com/images/medium/a-beard-1574392.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2014, 03:25 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
In all seriousness, if you trimmed your neck beard (so it was neat), and pulled your hair back into some high and tight pony tail thing (not sure what it's called), you'd probably kill it. I see dudes like that around here with nice looking ladies all the time. I think it's that Jared Leto appeal or something.

Like this; you could probably pull this off:
Jared Leto is close to perfect.

Old 12-12-2014, 03:27 PM

90 posts, read 78,143 times
Quote:
My fellow flower, I live in a suburb of New York. Brooklyn and certain parts of Manhattan (Alphabet City, I'm looking at you) are infested with these types, and the only women who go for them are also hipsters--which, in New York, translates into "questionable hygiene and living with several cats to control the mice and bedbugs." Indeed, people who shower regularly refer to such types as bedbugs.
As they say on the internets: Haters gon' hate.

Old 12-12-2014, 03:27 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,211,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Yeah, I mean if it works for them then more power to it, but my gf (and all my exes) hates it when I have facial hair and I can't even grow it out to a full beard yet. I know 1 or 2 people with beards, but they aren't really city guys. and they don't have beards that thick either.

I would be lucky to get a beard that looks like this:

http://wardrobelooks.com/wp-content/...-4-630x945.jpg

But mine would end up looking more sparse than this:

http://hqwallbase.com/images/medium/a-beard-1574392.jpg
This is pretty much what mine ends up looking like:

Although I must say that my goatee does come in a little better than Crybaby Crosby's.

Old 12-12-2014, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Jared Leto is close to perfect.
I have had the Leto the comparison made to me (I'll pass on his music, though). I'll take it though, I've had much more unkind (and inaccurate) comparisons made with regard to me in the past, with some rather ungainly long haired male celebrities.

Old 12-12-2014, 03:34 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
This is pretty much what mine ends up looking like:

Although I must say that my goatee does come in a little better than Crybaby Crosby's.
See, now other than needing a little trim above his upper lip, that's a neat look. You can still tell he has a face under there. It's a highlight, not a cover-up.

Old 12-12-2014, 03:36 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,211,475 times
Quote:
See, now other than needing a little trim above his upper lip, that's a neat look. You can still tell he has a face under there. It's a highlight, not a cover-up.
Haha, well it's not by choice for him, I can tell you that. That's probably a couple rounds deep into the playoffs, where players are known for growing their "playoff beards". Unfortunately for Mr. Crosby (and for myself), this is as good as the "playoff beard" gets.

But I get your point.

Old 12-12-2014, 03:38 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mAD_straKt View Post
As they say on the internets: Haters gon' hate.
You missed my edit. Google "Bushwick Beardo" and click on the first hit at your own NSFW risk. Just not while you're eating. Trust me on this. That is how those types are seen here. It's not a positive image.

I take comfort in New York getting fed up with them first, though. We're a few years ahead. The rest of the country will follow, sooner or later.

BTW, I am not saying YOU look like a hipster. You don't.

Old 12-12-2014, 04:02 PM

Quote:
BTW, I am not saying YOU look like a hipster. You don't.
Nobody likes hipsters. LOL. Personally, I can stand the vast majority of them. Beards are a bit of fashion that's crossed over into the mainstream, though. I'm used to seeing them in the metal community. They've been pretty common since the NWOSHM (new wave of Swedish heavy metal) in the late '90s. This is the second time I've grown one. The problem for me is, while the metal scene in America is strong, just like in Europe, the 'look' isn't prevent enough in the mainstream here and I'd tend to to associated with really bygone parts of the scene (mid '90s or earlier). I think a lot of other guys have gotten the same comparisons and just aped a different style... one more generally "musician". Frankly, it works for me as I'm not active in a band at the moment, doing more electronically driven crossover music in my spare time, and digging on alt hip hop.

Old 12-12-2014, 04:31 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,174 times
Quote:
Truth be told, it might be where you live. Is Phoenix really known for having a youthful dating scene? Forget Scottsdale. What's the average age? 72?
Tempe is basically the mecca of hot college-aged women if that's your thing.

And Scottsdale has plenty of hot women as well (more in the upper 20's/early 30's). It's just that normal men can't afford them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships