Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 11:05 AM

11,161 posts, read 7,964,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjd1 View Post
I think you need to tell us the whole story now along with how parents reacted to all this.
Lol.. Yup, were old news. They didn't like it, but they came around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2014, 11:09 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
A boy who sat across the table from me in my kindergarten class (we had assigned chairs at long tables, versus desks). He would always color his pictures to match mine.

Old 12-16-2014, 01:35 PM

951 posts, read 1,140,635 times
I feel like each crush I have is new and my "first" again.

1) A boy in the 3rd grade. He had the most beautiful blue eyes ever with long, thick lashes.
I was just mesmerized by them, especially since I was in love with Christopher Reeve's Superman at the time. Anyway, I secretly had a crush on him and paid attention to him for a while. On Valentine's Day at school when we were all opening our cards received from other classmates, I came upon this cute Ziggy card. When I opened it, it said, "I like you" - Matt. I was so shocked, flattered, and embarrassed that I quickly stuffed that card back in the envelope and pretended I never saw it. I never responded to him even though I liked him so much. I didn't know how.

Anyway, he went out with another girl the next year and then he liked me again the following year, but we were never together. He just did the usual Caucasian boy thing - stared at me from far away, passive flirting, but never came and talked to me.

2) My first and only requited crush, and also, my first love. I watched him from the afternoon bus everyday after school when he came out; I was an 8th grader and he was a junior in high school. In my head, I *knew* that he was going to be mine next year when I was going to go to his school. We were together for a few months and then he gave me the biggest broken heart ever since. He was the one that got away, but not really, because he was the one that walked away first.

Old 12-16-2014, 01:38 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Limahl. I had a poster in my room and kissed it every day. Sometimes I even cried a little because he was so cute. I was kindergarten age.

Old 12-16-2014, 01:57 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,964,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Limahl. I had a poster in my room and kissed it every day. Sometimes I even cried a little because he was so cute. I was kindergarten age.

^^^^^^ so cute!

Old 12-16-2014, 03:01 PM

2,156 posts, read 3,333,163 times
My first true crush was in third grade. It was so damn cute, sweet, and innocent. The best thing about it was, she felt the same way. We never bother to hide it. We both knew we both liked each other as far as grade school kids were.

We were total opposite. She was from a well to do family. I was dirt poor. She was the queen bee. Prettiest and smartest girl in the class. I was this awkward poorly dressed immigrant kid. But somehow I caught her attention. It was like Beauty and the Beast, except this Beast was poor and didn't live in a castle. LOL.

Being a queen bee, whatever she says, all the kids in the classroom agrees. I still remember the many times I won awards for something because she voted for me and everyone else follow her lead; even when my school work was clearly not the best. It makes me laugh sometimes, thinking back to those days.

I clearly remember my last day with her as if it just happened yesterday. I spent the whole day wondering what I would say to her but in the end, I didn't say anything. That day, it was all about her. So I never told her what would happen the following day.

We did our normal thing but once PE roll around, which was toward the end of the school day, I knew I would never see her again. So I needed to do something that we'll always remember each other by. Luck presented itself, I was pick to start off PE by picking someone as my partner for this game we were going to play. I was so tense when I went in front of the class. Everyone knew who I was going to pick...everyone was shouting her name. She was standing there patiently waiting for me. Then the moment came, I was in front of the whole class, and I pointed to her. The whole class went crazy. Our teacher didn't understand the reactions our classmates had when I picked her. I don't remember much about the game. All I remember was her smiling, happy as she walks toward me.

I never saw her again. I was pulled out of school early the next day and moved to a different state. Where ever you are. I hope that you are happy! That you have a loving family! I wish you the best in life! But most of all.....I wish for you eternal, everlasting true love!

Old 12-17-2014, 01:25 PM

2,234 posts, read 2,405,241 times
I believe my first crush was when I was 6 years old.. He was 21 and a family friend's son.. I used to write about him in my diary all the time lol..

Old 12-17-2014, 01:27 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times
Girl named Amanda in my first grade class. We considered ourselves bf/gf too. We even kissed (pecks, which to us was BIG TIME stuff).

Old 12-17-2014, 10:35 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Simultaneous crushes on John Travolta and Dracula. What? I was six. Don't judge me.

Old 12-17-2014, 10:58 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Simultaneous crushes on John Travolta and Dracula. What? I was six. Don't judge me.
OMG, ME TOO!!! I knew I couldn't be the only one!

Oh, wait...(re-reading) Oh...we're talking childhood crushes? Oh...oh, yeah. That's what I meant. I meant...I was totally in love with both those dudes...when I was a little girl. Like, not now or anything.

Well, anyway, so how 'bout those Mets.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships