Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2015, 01:48 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,277,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I make more than that and still get food stamps. I would not qualify without the deductions.
That's hard to believe. Some states do have more generous income amounts, but the state limits aren't going to significantly deviate from the federal guidelines.

Households have to meet income tests unless all members are receiving TANF, SSI, or in some places general assistance. Most households must meet both the gross and net income tests, but a household with an elderly person or a person who is receiving certain types of disability payments only has to meet the net income test. Households, except those noted, that have income over the amounts listed below cannot get SNAP benefits.

Old 01-21-2015, 01:52 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,044,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Does that mean you are working under the table? That seems possible. Once again until you stop taking welfare you obviously don't need you won't attract great men.
No i work at a well known, worldwide company.

Collecting welfare has nothing to do with who I attract. I do not share the information.

Old 01-21-2015, 01:54 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,044,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
That's hard to believe. Some states do have more generous income amounts, but the state limits aren't going to significantly deviate from the federal guidelines.

Households have to meet income tests unless all members are receiving TANF, SSI, or in some places general assistance. Most households must meet both the gross and net income tests, but a household with an elderly person or a person who is receiving certain types of disability payments only has to meet the net income test. Households, except those noted, that have income over the amounts listed below cannot get SNAP benefits.
I live in a more expensive state to reside in so maybe it has more generous income levels. I really do not know. But i do have to provide all my information to qualify.

Old 01-21-2015, 01:57 PM

36,588 posts, read 30,939,483 times
Quote:
You are not facturing in that it is calculated by income minus expenses. Expenses of housing, daycare and utiliies.

It also only factors income not assets into the equation.
If that were true I could get foodstamps.

Old 01-21-2015, 02:01 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,904,821 times
Quote:
No i work at a well known, worldwide company.

Collecting welfare has nothing to do with who I attract. I do not share the information.
I find it hard to believe that you would make good money and receive welfare. There is more to this.

Old 01-22-2015, 11:34 AM

9 posts, read 7,878 times
Quote:
How so? I am not broke, living paycheck to paycheck. I also get babysitters at least once a week to go out. I just want to do so on the weekends and not week nights when I have to get up so early.

I have not yet talked to one single dad that was in as good of shape as I am financially. They may be out there, but I have not come across any yet.
I don't understand. If you are in such good shape financially, why are you still using food stamps? Aren't there income limits on folks that can get such assistance?

Old 01-22-2015, 11:42 AM

321 posts, read 293,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaBoo2015 View Post
I don't understand. If you are in such good shape financially, why are you still using food stamps? Aren't there income limits on folks that can get such assistance?
Oh, she is income poor, but asset rich, don't you know. She buys and flips houses which isn't income, or so she says. How she got the second vehicle to play with is another issue all together.

Old 01-22-2015, 11:43 AM

9 posts, read 7,878 times
Quote:
They will never find out if I never say anything.

Men see that i drive a nice car, own a nice house, buying a second one, have a decent job, travel alot, and have two kids.
You are making my head spin. You have a nice car, own a nice house, looking to even buy a second one, you have a decent job, you travel a lot yet you STILL collect food stamps?! WTF?

How can you not see what is wrong with this picture? Maybe if you drove a a more economical car, stopped looking at 2nd homes to buy and cut back on the travel, you wouldn't need to collect public assistance.

Old 01-22-2015, 11:46 AM

451 posts, read 563,889 times
Quote:
I will start with my list.

1. They are broke after paying child support, alimony and all the debt from their marriages.

2. They have their kids every weekend and only want to date on week nights.

3. The number of their kids plus my kids, equals way to many kids for any sane person to deal with on a daily basis. If I wanted to manage that many kids, I would gone into education as a career.

I get up at 5 am every morning for work. By the time I get home, do homework, feed the kids and pets, the only drink I want is a cup of coffee on my couch, not to meet in a bar.

Seriously, I have two kids. If I meet a man with 2-6 kids (4-6 kids extremely common for some unknown reason), how will we ever buy a house to support such a large family? The men are to broke to contribute to that kind of expense.

Feel free to add to the list.
Yawn.
I wonder if you would be upset if a guy, like me, said women like you are not an option. Too much baggage for a relationship, and I don't even have any children.

Old 01-22-2015, 11:47 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,277,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaBoo2015 View Post
You are making my head spin. You have a nice car, own a nice house, looking to even buy a second one, you have a decent job, you travel a lot yet you STILL collect food stamps?! WTF?

How can you not see what is wrong with this picture? Maybe if you drove a a more economical car, stopped looking at 2nd homes to buy and cut back on the travel, you wouldn't need to collect public assistance.
Something doesn't add up in the story. Either she isn't really on FS (who lies about that?), isn't as successful as she claims, or is committing fraud (either with or without the social worker's help).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships