Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2015, 11:41 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,227,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
Depends on how they go about it. It's not the number so much as their thought process/natural mindset around the whole thing, although once the number hits a certain point it's pretty telling in it's own right.
So you have never had one night stands?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2015, 11:49 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,645,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
So you have never had one night stands?
I've had a few. Just left me wanting more, after one night I'm just starting to figure her out and then she's gone. What's the point? The first few intimate nights with a woman are the most awkward and least pleasurable because we haven't figured each other out yet or gotten truly comfortable with one another. Why keep reliving the worst sexual part of a relationship over and over?

Old 01-15-2015, 12:10 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,227,030 times
Quote:
I've had a few. Just left me wanting more, after one night I'm just starting to figure her out and then she's gone. What's the point? The first few intimate nights with a woman are the most awkward and least pleasurable because we haven't figured each other out yet or gotten truly comfortable with one another. Why keep reliving the worst sexual part of a relationship over and over?
So you are basically looking for someone that has the same views on sex as you do. I can understand that. I was the same way.

Old 01-15-2015, 12:11 PM

321 posts, read 293,713 times
Quote:

Huh, I'm really sorry you find the first couple of times to be bad. They're different than later stages for sure, but they're incredibly exciting in general. I can't really ever feeling uncomfortable either, just plain excited.

Old 01-15-2015, 12:19 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,645,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustelid1971 View Post
Huh, I'm really sorry you find the first couple of times to be bad. They're different than later stages for sure, but they're incredibly exciting in general. I can't really ever feeling uncomfortable either, just plain excited.
I find them bad and uncomfortable when compared to once the relationship gets fully off the ground. It's certainly exciting but that excitement lasts many months for me since I don't sleep with women I'm not very attracted to in a multitude of different ways (physically, mentally, "spiritually" for lack of a better term, aka how pure of heart she is, kind, loving, compassionate, empathic, etc etc.) and who I want to be with much longer then one night.

I could sleep with different women every single week if I wanted to, but I don't. That's what I'm looking for in a long term partner.

Old 01-15-2015, 12:42 PM

321 posts, read 293,713 times
Quote:
I find them bad and uncomfortable when compared to once the relationship gets fully off the ground.

Sorry to hear that. They're different. The newess of connecting with a new person for the first time. The knowing someone's body that comes from a longer relationship is also great, it is different though. They're both awesome.

Quote:
I could sleep with different women every single week if I wanted to, but I don't. That's what I'm looking for in a long term partner.

Long term partners aren't generally found without short term partners first, and often long term partners and short term partners come from a first encounter.

Still in this day an age, a large number of marriages and long term relationships come from hookups or what where thought to be one night stands (initially) and relationships sprung from them.

Old 10-29-2018, 10:17 AM

1,924 posts, read 1,300,010 times
Default Single because of attractiveness?

Hey, I'm curious if any guys here struggle in their dating life because of attractiveness. Meaning, you're a good looking guy but some girls are intimidated because of this? That why you're dating life suffers? I don't really go out of my way anymore to date. But when I did, I've been told by some other girls that I'm out of their league (meaning I was too put together for them). Not bragging, just repeating what I was told. I don't really care much to date anymore. They would still go on dates with me though. So, is it possible that someone can be attractive enough to have a dating life that suffers because of it? I'm mainly looking to hear from the guys (since I'm a guy trying to get a guys point of view), but won't mind hearing from the ladies also.

Moderator note: This post and those following have been merged into a prior thread on the same topic.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-30-2018 at 07:57 AM..

Old 10-29-2018, 10:21 AM

62,019 posts, read 87,699,646 times
Some good looking guys have inflated ego and undesirable character flaws. I think this, not their appearance, is a cause they might be struggling.
Probably the same apply to attractive women.

Some attractive men have extremely high standards. They don’t want to settle for someone that they don’t feel is attractive enough, smart enough, honest enough, caring enough, driven enough, successful enough, etc etc etc.

Looks mean little for women. Looks do help and will make it a bit easier (or harder as sometimes a shy man that is good looking won't approach a woman and she won't approach him), but if a good looking guy comes across as timid, boring, overtly stupid (even though I've seen many people get away with this one) or any other trait that makes it look like a man isn't fun: that's when men struggle with women. And personality is far more difficult to change than say, lose weight.
Also, some women perceive attractive men as both more likely to cheat and more likely to leave long-term relationships.

Last edited by elnina; 10-29-2018 at 10:34 AM..

Old 10-29-2018, 10:23 AM

49,926 posts, read 60,144,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
Hey, I'm curious if any guys here struggle in their dating life because of attractiveness. Meaning, you're a good looking guy but some girls are intimidated because of this? That why you're dating life suffers? I don't really go out of my way anymore to date. But when I did, I've been told by some other girls that I'm out of their league (meaning I was too put together for them). Not bragging, just repeating what I was told. I don't really care much to date anymore. They would still go on dates with me though. So, is it possible that someone can be attractive enough to have a dating life that suffers because of it? I'm mainly looking to hear from the guys (since I'm a guy trying to get a guys point of view), but won't mind hearing from the ladies also.
Yes. Most people assume you're taken.

However ... this summer weren't you posting that you struggled with dating, and were unable to get into a relationship, or weren't into the women who are into you? It's possible that it's more than appearance.

It sucks when you think you're doing most everything right but it still ain't happening.

Old 10-29-2018, 10:26 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,090,701 times
When I was really young I was leery of super-nice-looking guys because I assumed they must always get what they want, therefore I might get played.

Later on I realized people are just people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships