Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 11:23 AM

19,474 posts, read 15,357,370 times

Advertisements

Is it me or is it getting hot in here?

Jeez...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2015, 02:51 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,865,844 times
Most guys that I've had any chemistry with were good kissers but I ran into a notable exception a few weeks ago. Mind you, I'm old and this man is 61 and very good looking and out-going, so I'm assuming he's dated a lot. Great chemistry--could talk about anything--then he kissed me. It was like. . . nothing. No anything. His lips were like a wall and you couldn't get past them. Well it was like kissing a wall and that wall wasn't kissing back. I tried to warm it up a little, while keeping in mind that we were not going to be sleeping together yet, but he was an unbreachable defense. He stood rather rigidly too, so I couldn't even get a decent hug. I had started talking to another man on the same weekend, and he is a great kisser and with him things are going great.

Old 01-16-2015, 03:07 PM

734 posts, read 1,051,428 times
I love good kissing, especially like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flIZrXdKQlQ

Old 01-16-2015, 03:12 PM

4,591 posts, read 5,482,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Why are good kissers so few and far between? Discuss
I think its because most of us get married up real quick.

Old 01-16-2015, 03:13 PM

4,591 posts, read 5,482,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
I love good kissing, especially like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flIZrXdKQlQ
Dang. That was amazing.

Old 01-16-2015, 05:58 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,250,213 times
For the folks saying that you can teach a bad kisser, I don't know. I had an ex who wasn't into kissing in the beginning of the relationship--and NO, it wasn't me as I am a fanatic about oral hygiene and he said himself he just wasn't into kissing--and after we were together for a while, I saw why: He just wasn't good at it. He was one of those chicken-peck kissers, never really got any depth or connection, and dry as hell.

Which really rather sucked, especially because the person I dated before him was the best kisser ever in the history of planet Earth and I still think about it 9 years later. I mean, this guy had it going on--knew where to put his hands, when to touch my face, how to vary pressure, when to stop during a slow dance and tip my face up under the chin and go for it, even did the ol' dip-kiss.

Old 01-16-2015, 06:17 PM

26,157 posts, read 22,339,785 times
My thought was that maybe if you are in the business of sampling several that you are kissing and being kissed without the passion that really makes a kiss a kiss. You're kissing the frog instead of your prince or princess. Lots of frogs but how much feeling and passion can you expect to get out of just kissing the frogs. Seems desperate.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:58 PM

19,821 posts, read 20,436,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
My thought was that maybe if you are in the business of sampling several that you are kissing and being kissed without the passion that really makes a kiss a kiss. You're kissing the frog instead of your prince or princess. Lots of frogs but how much feeling and passion can you expect to get out of just kissing the frogs. Seems desperate.
I agree.

Old 01-17-2015, 05:51 AM

5,759 posts, read 10,761,355 times
Too many people never get enough practice. The secret is to practice on various types of melons, but department-store manequins are even better, if you can find one. Easiest is to just go into the department store sometime when it's fairly quiet; you can listen for anyone approaching, but if you go in the middle of the day, you should be OK. Put a little lipstick on the mannequin and go to town. You'll bet better in no time.

Old 01-17-2015, 06:55 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,865,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Some of us have no choice. The frog that I thought was my prince turned out to be a toad so I got turned back out into the the cold cruel frog world and yeah, I've kissed a few.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships