Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 04:39 PM

4,045 posts, read 2,721,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Good kissing is something that you like.I had only one bad kisser who was very wet and sloppy.I told him he needs to stop kissing like a St.Bernard. He then licked me to be funny.

Oh my!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2015, 04:41 PM

4,045 posts, read 2,721,809 times
I just LOVE a good kissing session.... such a turn on.

That being said, I've also experienced some bad kissers, including one who opened his mouth waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy too big. I thought he was going to suck my whole face off.

Old 01-15-2015, 04:50 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,103,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Great kissing is a component of great chemistry.. And imo, truly great chemistry is rare. I've had only a few men in my life that I was content with kissing for hours and hours..and hours..
Very true. If the chemistry isn't there, the kissing has always been awful, in my experience anyway.

Old 01-15-2015, 06:10 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,947,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestOfTruth View Post
Practice on a fruit for 3 hours every day.
Um........

Old 01-16-2015, 06:36 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,434,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Discuss
Usually when a single user perceived an attribute in a greater group size - I tend to question whether it is really an attribute of the group - or is the observer simply the common denominator.

Or put in plain english - perhaps its not them its you. Perhaps the ones you personally perceive as being "good" are not just good - but actually good enough to overcome your own short coming in the area.

My own observations do not match yours at all. I have not had issue with the quality of kissing I have encountered ever.

That said - a more general point as to why people may not be good at it is that many do have the notion of treating it as a prelude to more and not as an act itself. So their mind is far from "on the job" so to speak. Kissing for some is not an end in and of itself - but a method of making the other person amenable and receptive to the actual end. Ones quality of kissing can be greatly increased by merely living in the moment of the kiss and not using it as a "way in" or a respite to obsess over what is meant to happen next.

Old 01-16-2015, 07:04 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,861,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softcrunch View Post
Bad kissers usually are not much of a sensual person, they do it based on the idea of what they thought kissing is about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Great kissing is a component of great chemistry.. And imo, truly great chemistry is rare. I've had only a few men in my life that I was content with kissing for hours and hours..and hours..
Reps to both of these posts. As "skilled" as one may be at kissing, great chemistry is absolutely the stimulus of a great make-out session that can last hours. Without the chemistry, it just won't be the same. I haven't kissed many bad kissers, but there've been only a couple who were fabulous.

Good kissing IS very intimate, and as another poster said, such a turn-on. What makes a person a good kisser, imo, is, yes, how sensual he/she is. This determines how much they value kissing and how comfortable they feel doing it. In other words, great kissers do not view kissing as a perfunctory means to an end (sex), but as an erotic sexual act in and of itself.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:32 AM

849 posts, read 270,644 times
Kissing is a very intimate act. You have to be in tune with your partner, their breath, their pace and match accordingly.

When I am kissing, making out I'm completely in that moment with that person. His breath, his pace, HIM.

If I want to kick it up a notch, I can be subtly be more aggressive (grab the back of his head, be more forceful).

If it's pure tenderness, romantic, then I simply follow my partners lead.

I think the best kissers are people who really appreciate the moment and get lost in it. No outside distractions, nothing but two people existing in that space in that moment.

Old 01-16-2015, 10:06 AM

3,309 posts, read 3,046,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverunner17 View Post
So what were these tips then?
Okay, because as I said, I'm old, I only remember a few of them. They were:
  • Keep your lips and mouth soft
  • Move your tongue slowly, not rapidly
  • Present a portion of the inside of your lower lip, not just the outside portion
And one I learned on my own was that, for maximum sensuality, kiss for a good long while with just your lips, no tongue, until both of you just can't stand it any longer and have to bring in the tongue. That builds up the anticipation and increases the pleasure, plus it puts the emphasis on the kiss itself.

Old 01-16-2015, 10:10 AM

3,138 posts, read 2,786,765 times
I think slow, good, deliberate, sensual kisses are key.

Honestly, it's an art form that is ignored by many...I think often b/c it's seen as a means to an end (eg sex), and so it's rushed through without any real attention.

But a man who is a great, passionate, sensual kisser =

Old 01-16-2015, 10:26 AM

3,138 posts, read 2,786,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
Does it take two to make a good kiss???
I don't think Charlotte would agree... lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ynsr1bQtYts

(Sorry but I'm having problems posting the direct link on this site, so I just posted the youtube link above).

Last edited by erjunkee; 01-16-2015 at 10:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships