Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2015, 05:18 PM

102,381 posts, read 108,693,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
Anyway, I decided to throw caution to the wind, disregard the abundance of analysis that was taking place on here earlier about whether A) she was too young for me or B) she was even interested in me at all or C) my dates were too boring, and asked her out for a drink tonight. She accepted. So I'm meeting up with her and I'm sure I'll breech the subject of where we stand.
When all else fails, communicate.

Old 01-21-2015, 05:32 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,304,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
That is a very good point that I know we touched on earlier in the thread. He is past the playing around stage, wants an LTR, but not every woman he meets will be feeling the same way. And we can debate the age at which people are getting married and study the stats about it, but stats aren't rules.

This 24 year old may not be looking for anything serious, but until he talks to her, he just won't know. Once he has a better idea, then he can make the right choice for himself.

I don't disagree at all. I look at it the way I looked at other women who took things slow and seeing where things would go. Guess what? They never led to anything serious, because I decided first and foremost I'd never want it to go serious with them. Now, I do know that not all women feel that way either. Many women need time to warm up to a man. I've just never needed that time. I'm not saying that it couldn't happen, but I've had over a decade experience of dating, and it hasn't happened yet. Had plenty of opportunities to get serious with a 7 year FWB and 3 year FWB and it just never did.

Where I had relationships was from women who wanted me and I wanted them. We didn't work out long-term, but we at least communicated that we wanted the same thing from the beginning. This year, I'm going to try and date slower and see where things go. This will likely go with women that I tend to be lukewarm on. Women that I'm not head over heels with, but there's the possibility of something developing. Will just depend if we can be on the same page at the same time.

I have a new FWB right now and it's been absolutely stress free, but I have a feeling that it won't always stay that way. At some point I'll be called to the carpet to take things to the next level. Who knows, I may end up calling her to the carpet and wanting something more serious, but as things are right now, we're both having fun.

Old 01-22-2015, 10:15 AM

11,836 posts, read 12,115,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Where I had relationships was from women who wanted me and I wanted them. We didn't work out long-term, but we at least communicated that we wanted the same thing from the beginning. This year, I'm going to try and date slower and see where things go. This will likely go with women that I tend to be lukewarm on. Women that I'm not head over heels with, but there's the possibility of something developing. Will just depend if we can be on the same page at the same time.
There has to be something there on that first date/first time spent together, to even bother pursuing something further. The whole process of going on several dates is to learn more about that person to see if there is the possibility of a relationship. You may hit it off on the first date but I believe you need more than that first date to know if a relationship is possible. In Lafleur's case, he feels led on and used if they have several dates and then it doesn't work out, but that is the process. One date does not a relationship make.

Old 01-22-2015, 10:18 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,780,468 times
It's utterly exhausting reading all of this. Talking about over complicating your life, sheesh.

Old 01-22-2015, 10:26 AM

103 posts, read 101,055 times
Dating market? cool History bro

Old 01-22-2015, 10:30 AM

102,381 posts, read 108,693,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
There has to be something there on that first date/first time spent together, to even bother pursuing something further. The whole process of going on several dates is to learn more about that person to see if there is the possibility of a relationship. You may hit it off on the first date but I believe you need more than that first date to know if a relationship is possible. In Lafleur's case, he feels led on and used if they have several dates and then it doesn't work out, but that is the process. One date does not a relationship make.
You can hit it off on the first date, but the other person is still largely a stranger to you. You need more dates to try to size up their character. Even then, there could be surprises down the road, so even if the two declare it a "relationship", that's no guarantee that it will last past a few months or a year. The OP may really like this girl, but a few months from now he could come back saying he'd made a big mistake.

Old 01-22-2015, 10:32 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,174,523 times
Quote:
Anyway, I decided to throw caution to the wind, disregard the abundance of analysis that was taking place on here earlier about whether A) she was too young for me or B) she was even interested in me at all or C) my dates were too boring, and asked her out for a drink tonight. She accepted. So I'm meeting up with her and I'm sure I'll breech the subject of where we stand.
I think you meant "broach." So what did she say?

Old 01-22-2015, 10:35 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,218,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
It's utterly exhausting reading all of this. Talking about over complicating your life, sheesh.
I can't control the content or frequency of what other posters post on a public forum, especially not their snarky comments about how long my thread ended up. The discussion has naturally evolved over the last several days from one topic to another. All I can say is if you don't like the course in which a particular thread goes about someone's personal life, stick to the troll threads about gender stereotypes. At least then you can deal with an OP who really doesn't give a hoot about your comments.

Old 01-22-2015, 10:38 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,780,468 times
Quote:
I can't control the content or frequency of what other posters post on a public forum, especially not their snarky comments about how long my thread ended up. The discussion has naturally evolved over the last several days from one topic to another. All I can say is if you don't like the course in which a particular thread goes about someone's personal life, stick to the troll threads about gender stereotypes. At least then you can deal with an OP who really doesn't give a hoot about your comments.
Oh au contraire mon frere, I have enjoyed this thread very much. It is a great insight into the mind of some men. It has however, displayed your over analysis of dating. But nonetheless thoroughly entertaining, so no need for being bitchy to me.

Old 01-22-2015, 10:39 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,218,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
I think you meant "broach." So what did she say?
Actually, I meant "breach". Spelling error on my part. We had a really good time last night. Had drinks with her, spent the night. There's still some uncertainty hanging in the balance, but I'm just going to roll with it for now. She even texted me this morning telling me she had a great time. I'm making her dinner tomorrow night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships