Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2015, 09:28 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,211,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
F

Exactly. Every single man that I wound up in a relationship with made it crystal clear that he wanted to see me... As much as possible. These guys that want to sit back and let the world come knocking on their door, well, good luck with that.
On the contrary, I think women want the same thing. Sit back and let the world come to them.

Maybe you've missed the several comments where I've firmly stated that I have initiated just about everything thus far, from dates to communication.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:28 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
You misunderstand. I'm not blaming them. I'm saying that what they claim to want and want they actually want do not seem to match up with reality. If one presents all the traits that are claimed to be desirable and yet continues to fail, it's a reasonable conclusion to have.

And I thought all the dates were successful, too. But the women do not initiate or show very little interest when it comes to communicating. It becomes extremely one-sided. That, to me, shows a lack of interest. That's why these things end.
The person who cares the least, has the most power in a new relationship. Dominant people think they are in control, yet it is the submissive person who decides the direction the relationship will take. It never feels good to be on the receiving end of passive rejection. Stop forcing things, take your time and enjoy a woman's company.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:29 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,643,129 times
You need to let go of this illusion about appearing clingy by letting a woman know youre into her. If she talks to you, goes out with you more than twice, then why in the hell would you think your initiating contact with her made you look unappealing if they liked you!

Old 01-14-2015, 09:30 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times
Quote:
I'm not blaming them. I'm saying that I don't fit their mold despite having the qualities that are supposed to be attractive. There's something I'm missing or failing at. I get the chemistry argument, as I've been on some bad dates and you just knew it wasn't a good fit. But I'm also failing with the ones where there seems to be a connection between the two of us. That is not good.
In your posts you blame women. I agree in taking yourself out of the dating pool. Get a hobby, or take a class. Become an interesting person, and well rounded.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:31 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
On the contrary, I think women want the same thing. Sit back and let the world come to them.

Yeah, dude, stop dating. Nothing good comes from anger.

2,401 posts, read 3,643,129 times
Oh, LORD! Estupido! Youre deserting these women, not the other way around.

2,600 posts, read 3,685,779 times
Is it possible you did too much? Maybe you were so focused on meeting her every need that you were a little overbearing. Women don't like that.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:32 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,211,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
You need to let go of this illusion about appearing clingy by letting a woman know youre into her. If she talks to you, goes out with you more than twice, then why in the hell would you think your initiating contact with her made you look unappealing if they liked you!
Have you read some of the threads on here by women about clingy guys? Jillabean's threads come to mind. It's definitely something, and it's something I don't want to fall into.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:32 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,804,827 times
Quote:
But I don't want to be that clingy guy that jillabean describes in all of her posts either. There is a delicate, delicate balance here. If I'm doing all the initiating of dates AND initiating of communication, I feel like I'm being a chump and acting desperate.
I don't mind a text a day or anything like that. On the flip side, I also don't mind if a man doesn't contact me every day (at least early on). Heck, i don't expect it. I would assume he has a life outside of dating like me and things to do. It's only when we are a couple that I would expect a certain level of communication. But if he just likes to touch base and say hello every day, I am fine with that and am happy to say hello back. That's not clingy.

The clingy ones I've dated (seems like a lot recently) are over the top. Like the man who kept texting me while I was swimming laps (late this past summer). He texted me half a dozen times in the course of an hour and called and left a VM. He was upset that I wasn't calling him back... it's like he expected me to be "on demand" or something. That's the kind of thing that smothers me (and with my bad luck, the type I seem to attract for some reason).

Old 01-14-2015, 09:33 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Have you read some of the threads on here by women about clingy guys? Jillabean's threads come to mind. It's definitely something, and it's something I don't want to fall into.
If you hadn't read Jillabean's post about clingy guys, would you have contacted the woman Monday morning?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships