Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 05:24 AM

51,373 posts, read 37,057,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
It sounds so weird for someone to say they never watch TV because I know it's a lie and only be said so the guy can be impressed that she is always on the go lol I just send someone a message asking her why she is not much of a TV person and her response was

"I enjoy people in person"

As the young girls say now in 2015.......I'm just done
Lots of men say this in their profiles, too. I don't assume it's a lie, not sure why you would. There are many people who aren't big TV watchers and are constantly on the go. No reason to be mad. I just know when I see it that the person is not for me, as I love TV and am not that high energy that I want to go bike riding, etc every weekend. That's the purpose of a profile, so people who are like you can find you and people who are not like you know you're not a good match. Why on earth that would upset you I can't imagine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 06:09 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,171,503 times
Quote:
It sounds so weird for someone to say they never watch TV because I know it's a lie and only be said so the guy can be impressed that she is always on the go lol I just send someone a message asking her why she is not much of a TV person and her response was

How is it a lie? I don't own a TV and wouldn't want one in my house. I dislike dating TV people since they often want to sit on the couch just sit there... I don't get the attraction.

Old 01-20-2015, 07:23 AM

9,614 posts, read 21,355,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
C'mon knock on my door.....
If they still had shows like that I would probably watch more TV.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:49 AM

545 posts, read 635,510 times
Quote:

I only download and watch movies. I haven't owned a TV since 2004.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:57 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,099,143 times
Some people's evening life revolves around what is on TV. Could be dramas, comedy's, sports. So much office water cooler talk every morning revolves around what was "on" last night.

However, if you do not regularly our routinely watch things, no matter what they are, you would likely want to be dating someone else who did not. If all your date had to talk about was what they watched the night before, and you never watched that stuff, you would be bored to tears.

Old 01-20-2015, 10:00 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,171,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
However, if you do not regularly our routinely watch things, no matter what they are, you would likely want to be dating someone else who did not. If all your date had to talk about was what they watched the night before, and you never watched that stuff, you would be bored to tears.

I had some of these dates. Want to talk about TV and/or movies... I knew it was over 10 minutes into it.

Old 01-20-2015, 10:14 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,917,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I had some of these dates. Want to talk about TV and/or movies... I knew it was over 10 minutes into it.
If you get any more of these dates, be sure to pass them on to the OP - and especially if they're also big football fans (as long as they cheer for the teams HE's into). He has thousands of rules when it comes to dating but, with these two in the bag upfront, he might get lucky and enjoy a rare second date with one of your rejects!

Old 01-20-2015, 10:21 AM

2,826 posts, read 4,010,399 times
Girls watch Netflix now, not TV.

Old 01-20-2015, 10:40 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,917,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
Girls watch Netflix now, not TV.
Are there statistics available to validate that?

Old 01-20-2015, 10:44 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,495,966 times
Quote:
Every human on this planet watches something on TV.
I don't even have a television.

The people saying they don't watch television becuase they know it's all lies are usually heavily political people. They have been taught that everything is spun to force agendas and televison is a tool used to "program" the masses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships