Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 07:46 AM

491 posts, read 472,009 times

Advertisements

Yeah...see...again...exactly what I'm talking about. It's unimaginable to you, great. I didn't really go to parties and I didn't play spin the bottle. Not everyone has the same experiences. You make a ton of assumptions about how people live their lives. Just because that was your experience doesn't mean it was someone else's and no I didn't go out of my way to avoid anything, it just never happened.

I never even came close to kissing someone. I've had many people I wanted to kiss, in fact ever since I was 12 I've always had a crush on someone. It just never happened and nobody I liked ever liked me back.

Yes, I have awful luck. You're quite a genius to figure that out, I must say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2015, 07:47 AM

LOL I love how people answering this think I'm a guy! As if this could never happen to a woman. Well guess what, it did. Men aren't the only ones with this problem.

That's another thing that sucks about being a WOMAN with this problem--nobody takes it seriously and everyone thinks it's easy for women to get laid. Sure it would be easy, if I was okay with someone I'm completely not attracted to or someone who would do something bad or violent to me taking a huge risk with my life, safety, and health...

Apparently because I'm in this situation I'm no longer allowed to have standards.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:10 AM

376 posts, read 317,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masmartbottom View Post
LOL I love how people answering this think I'm a guy! As if this could never happen to a woman. Well guess what, it did. Men aren't the only ones with this problem.

That's another thing that sucks about being a WOMAN with this problem--nobody takes it seriously and everyone thinks it's easy for women to get laid. Sure it would be easy, if I was okay with someone I'm completely not attracted to or someone who would do something bad or violent to me taking a huge risk with my life, safety, and health...

Apparently because I'm in this situation I'm no longer allowed to have standards.
Men make up, by far, the vast majority of individuals who have this problem.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:11 AM

Wow! Cool! That must mean it can't happen to a woman!

Except I'm living proof that it can and DOES.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:16 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masmartbottom View Post
Yeah...see...again...exactly what I'm talking about. It's unimaginable to you, great. I didn't really go to parties and I didn't play spin the bottle. Not everyone has the same experiences. You make a ton of assumptions about how people live their lives. Just because that was your experience doesn't mean it was someone else's and no I didn't go out of my way to avoid anything, it just never happened.

I never even came close to kissing someone. I've had many people I wanted to kiss, in fact ever since I was 12 I've always had a crush on someone. It just never happened and nobody I liked ever liked me back.

Yes, I have awful luck. You're quite a genius to figure that out, I must say.
I understand what you're saying. I never went to any parties in high school and college and it's not like I was turning down invitations. I just wasn't sociable and didn't hang out with people so I didn't get invited to stuff. Sure, things might've been different if I had been a more outgoing person, but that doesn't come naturally to me.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:17 AM

545 posts, read 632,503 times
I suggest becoming a pick up artist.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:36 AM

um...no.

Also, are you assuming I'm a man? I'm not a man.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:44 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Who gives a crap if you're a man or a woman. Immaterial. If you want to kiss, go out this weekend, have some fun, and make out with some. Jesus. This isn't freaking rocket science.

I don't understand why people are making any issue at all over that. Valentines day would have been a great day to get some practice in. I made out with two people that night. But any weekend would work.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:46 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
If it's simply the kiss that is upsetting you - walk into a bar and ask someone to kiss you. Keep asking until someone kisses you. If it's a fairly busy bar - you'll probably be successful.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:53 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,847,793 times
Open a kissing stand. Give the money to charity, or spend it on something delicious.

Done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships