Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 08:57 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,843,132 times

Advertisements

If I was woken uo at 5am(if I even go to sleep), I would be pissed, and would not let her in. She's some kind of dumb, keep you and your own safe. There are things I'd rather do or not do for convenience too, I still don't want to inconvenience thieves, even people on sitcoms lock their doors at night. I live in a housing project, I lock my door, unless I'm going to be leaving back out, and I still lock then, most of the time. I was kinda surprised when I thought I locked the door, and it wasn't when I woke up. Also surprises me with how unlocked bicycles rarely get stolen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2015, 09:00 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,874,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
If I was woken uo at 5am(if I even go to sleep), I would be pissed, and would not let her in. She's some kind of dumb, keep you and your own safe. There are things I'd rather do or not do for convenience too, I still don't want to inconvenience thieves, even people on sitcoms lock their doors at night. I live in a housing project, I lock my door, unless I'm going to be leaving back out, and I still lock then, most of the time. I was kinda surprised when I thought I locked the door, and it wasn't when I woke up. Also surprises me with how unlocked bicycles rarely get stolen.
Depends on where you live, I guess. Kryptonite bike locks were invented for a reason. They're the only thing that can't be cut with bold cutters. Even locked bikes get stolen.

Old 03-01-2015, 11:06 PM

372 posts, read 742,029 times
Bro, you're issues go way deeper than just the lock on the door. Why are you letting her behave like this?

Old 03-01-2015, 11:10 PM

102,263 posts, read 108,293,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnalsI gnoL View Post
Bro, you're issues go way deeper than just the lock on the door. Why are you letting her behave like this?
I agree with this. At her own place, she doesn't have a tricky lock, but she still leaves her place unlocked. Which is weird. So you'll have to find a way to train her to use the lock, and to stop banging on the door at 5 a.m. Once you get the lock fixed. You could get complaints from the neighbors over her banging on the door. She needs to behave like a normal person.

Is she irresponsible or demanding in other ways, OP?

Old 03-01-2015, 11:22 PM

372 posts, read 742,029 times
Yeah I'm just wondering why everyone is talking about locks, when that's totally not the issue here. If it wasn't the lock, it would be something else that she'd be acting childish about.

Old 03-02-2015, 06:52 AM

2,826 posts, read 4,001,871 times
Wtf? Ever since I can remember I've locked doors. Your g/f is odd. Being female, she should have been taught the same thing.

Old 03-02-2015, 07:21 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,103,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
We've had our car stolen from our "security" garage in the middle of the day. Someone broke into our neighbor's unit two doors down in our "security" building in the middle of the day. (I was home at the time.)

A friend of the family was saying how her mom always left the door unlocked, even while she made a quick trip to the store. When we remarked on it, she said something like, "Oh, she's known the neighbors for years. She trusts them." It wasn't the neighbors we were worried about, lol.

Regarding the "nice neighborhood" aspect, isn't all the good stuff to steal in the nice neighborhoods? lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I had one burglary happen to me in my lifetime. Guess where it happened? One of the most expensive neighborhoods in SE Virginia.
That's why the police call them "target-rich environments."

Old 03-02-2015, 10:50 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,478,249 times
Home invasions are very real and happen very quickly. Always keep the door locked. Let her throw a fit.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:09 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,282,565 times
There are some issues that call for compromise and some that are not negotiable. Locking the doors falls under the latter.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:30 PM

36,722 posts, read 31,008,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
This is about much more than locking the door.

Why would you want someone stupid enough to think leaving the door unlocked all day, with no one home, is thinking normal about other things?
I haven't locked my door in 20 years or so.
Well actually I lock the downstairs door if the dog is inside because I put a different door knob on and she has learned to open the door. If only I could teacher her to shut it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships