Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 11:49 AM

26,709 posts, read 41,878,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What if your ideal guy is in Boise, but you choose Houston, because the dating pool is bigger there?
If the OP is a driven professional seeking a driven professional then she is more likely to find what she wants in Houston over Boise. Houston makes more sense because of type of selection rather than number of selections. I left Louisville because I wanted to be around and date professional educated people and knew damn well DC was a million times better bet than Louisville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2015, 12:23 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,969,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
If the OP is a driven professional seeking a driven professional then she is more likely to find what she wants in Houston over Boise. Houston makes more sense because of type of selection rather than number of selections. I left Louisville because I wanted to be around and date professional educated people and knew damn well DC was a million times better bet than Louisville.
How did that work for you? I'm going to go waaaaaaay out on a limb and suggest that it really won't matter how big or not the city for the o.p. In other words, she may as well live where she wants to live. People who "date" never find anyone. They don't. When they hook up eventually, it fails, finding someone isn't the hard part. Any driven six figure professional can pull that off. If the o.p. was capable of it she would have done it already. There is always online dating IF the local pool of eligible men is too small.

Old 03-04-2015, 01:13 PM

128 posts, read 106,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpa View Post
Oh please, you prefer a man over safety and common sense.

She already said no matter what she's making a good income. What's a couple grand either way when you're making 6 figures?
excuse me@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!

Old 03-04-2015, 01:48 PM

4,048 posts, read 2,730,098 times
I think OP has taken her toys and left the premises.

Old 03-04-2015, 01:50 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,246,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilgrim192 View Post
Hi,

This is for females to respond because I think males don't think the same way about this as we do...

I have two job opportunities:
Job A: big city - Houston, LOTS of dating opportunities, job pays well, lots of traffic, things to do
Job B: smaller city - Corpus Chrisit, cushy job = about 75% of the work for the same job in above city, great outdoors, SCANT dating scene for what I am looking for (I don't want to elaborate, thanks).
Job C: smallest city - Boise, job similar to job A but long-term opportunities are better, no traffic, great outdoors, scant dating scene.

Problem: I want job B, but I am reallllllyyyy wanting to settle down! I think I'd be happier in a smaller city if I had a family, but right now, I'd rather be in the bigger city and meet a guy. Job B offers about 15% more in salary for less work.

I feel I am nearing the end of my prime dating years...so I want to find someone during this time before it gets harder. But I also don't want to end up living in a big city forever because his job is there - my career tends to pay more in rural areas and I'd probably have more opportunity in those areas career-wise.

Help-
What are "prime dating years"? Did you come with a "best sold by" date on you or something? Just curious, what do YOU consider the end of your dating shelf life?

Old 03-04-2015, 01:53 PM

102,328 posts, read 108,547,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
What are "prime dating years"? Did you come with a "best sold by" date on you or something? Just curious, what do YOU consider the end of your dating shelf life?
This is what I was wondering. I asked this on pg. 1, but still no response. The OP probably has more time left than she thinks, so it doesn't really matter that much where she moves. But, whatever.

Old 03-04-2015, 03:58 PM

20,714 posts, read 16,479,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
I think OP has taken her toys and left the premises.
No doubt....she already knew what she wanted to do....and probably didn't like what she was hearing

Old 03-04-2015, 04:20 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,266,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is what I was wondering. I asked this on pg. 1, but still no response. The OP probably has more time left than she thinks, so it doesn't really matter that much where she moves. But, whatever.
She already refused to answer one question for fear of others not liking the answer. I reckon the answer to your question will be to the same tune. You guys are trying too hard to changer her premises. When a woman says she wants to settle down, just believe that she wants to settle down without questioning.

Old 03-04-2015, 04:36 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,534,973 times
But how did she determine what the dating scene would be like in each area? Based on a male to female ratio? Based on what her personal preference is? Until you have actually spent time in a city, you don't know what type of people you'll run into.

Old 03-04-2015, 06:34 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,292,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpa View Post
I'm just curious. Many dedicated professionals make less than 6 figures. At that level it has little to do with drive or work ethic and more to do with choice of profession.

I've got no skin in this game- I'm a woman so it's generally accepted that I'll make less than my spouse.
Most women aren't willing to date down though, so her wanting a guy that makes more is a reasonable and normal requirement. Of course, whether she gets what she wants is going to depend on other factors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships