Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 10:06 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,536,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by questioner2 View Post
When I was dating, I always wondered if I gave beautiful women the matter of the doubt. It seemed many of the most attractive women I dated could be cruel, mean, petty, boring and unpleasant to be around but I always gave them the matter of the doubt because they were so beautiful and sexy. The ones with the best personality were always the plain looking women but I was not mature enough to understand that in the long run it was better to have a relationship with a person I liked personally vs physically.

I found a good percentage of the beautiful women would have a lack of intellectual skills. Many were extremely intelligent but because they had so many social opportunities, they were unlikely to spend much time doing research at the Library on interesting topics of conversation. The plain looking women who was dateless on Friday night spent more time reading and following the news on TV.

The plain looking women had to work harder on her social skills and etiquette because she knew she had to try harder for a relationship. The beautiful women spent alot of time dating men who were only interested in their looks and did not spend as much time looking into compatibility and personality match.

Of course many of you will find exceptions to this rule (beautiful people who are wonderful inside and out), but I believe that most men make the mistake of giving ugly on the inside beautiful on the outside women the matter of the doubt, and suffer for it.

Agree or disagree?
What if, OH, GREAT ONE OF SHALLOW THREAD TOPICS, what if someone has been attractive and plain in the same lifetime?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2008, 10:13 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStreet View Post
What if, OH, GREAT ONE OF SHALLOW THREAD TOPICS, what if someone has been attractive and plain in the same lifetime?
LOL, yes another shallow one about those awful good looking people!

All I can say from reading various threads on here that if your the slightest bit attractive MainStreet, you might as well forget it, you suck!!! Your mean, shallow and no one wants to date you or be your friend girl!! Go back to being plain now or spend your life a lonely lonely woman!!

Old 01-12-2008, 01:18 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by questioner2 View Post
When I was dating, I always wondered if I gave beautiful women the matter of the doubt. It seemed many of the most attractive women I dated could be cruel, mean, petty, boring and unpleasant to be around but I always gave them the matter of the doubt because they were so beautiful and sexy. The ones with the best personality were always the plain looking women but I was not mature enough to understand that in the long run it was better to have a relationship with a person I liked personally vs physically.

I found a good percentage of the beautiful women would have a lack of intellectual skills. Many were extremely intelligent but because they had so many social opportunities, they were unlikely to spend much time doing research at the Library on interesting topics of conversation. The plain looking women who was dateless on Friday night spent more time reading and following the news on TV.

The plain looking women had to work harder on her social skills and etiquette because she knew she had to try harder for a relationship. The beautiful women spent alot of time dating men who were only interested in their looks and did not spend as much time looking into compatibility and personality match.

Of course many of you will find exceptions to this rule (beautiful people who are wonderful inside and out), but I believe that most men make the mistake of giving ugly on the inside beautiful on the outside women the matter of the doubt, and suffer for it.

Agree or disagree?
Agreed, mucho much....and y es there are exceptions...

Went shopping today, and there were a bunch of kids standing around....bout 18 or so...I walked past and one of em said....hey cutie....well, I'm old enough to be his mother...LOL...but I felt great, until I looked to my right and there was this beatiful blond walking past me....oh well, dream on, right?

Old 01-12-2008, 06:33 PM

45 posts, read 130,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
From my experience, and this is generally speaking, the pretty and plain girls all thought I was a jerk. The plain girls were the ones to realize that I was just confident in myself and didn’t care about what everyone thought about me. The pretty girls just wanted the boyfriend who their “friends†could be jealous of and so were always concerned about what everyone thought.

In the end I ended up with a plain girl who never tried to change me and I realized how much hotter she gets the older she is. The plain girls blossom slowly, the pretty ones peak early and then start to look like Joan Rivers afterwards.

I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS AND TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!11

Old 01-12-2008, 06:34 PM

45 posts, read 130,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Hey!!! I was gonna post that!!! LOL

That song popped into my head the minute I read the OP's post! Freddy, I think we're gonna have to name you FAST Freddy instead of Fat Freddy cuz we be on the same wavelength or something! Weird!!!

WHAT ABOUT IF THEY ARE BOTH GOOD LOOKIN? so much for the downfall.

Old 01-12-2008, 06:47 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
I seriously do not think it's about looks, although certainly a lot of people today do, otherwise, I wouldn't be receiving flyers in the mail about cosmetic surgery....I'm thinking about getting freckles put on my arms, whataya think?

But, have we become so vane, that we've forgotten, that no matter what a person looks like, they are still a human being...and to me, that is first and foremost...be them beautiful...or a dog like me....lol....hey....everyone needs to love and be loved, isn't that what it's all about?

Hugs
Creme

Old 01-23-2009, 12:43 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acors View Post
I disagree. Pretty people generally pick other pretty people for relationships. It's shallow but that is more of a fact than an opinion in my area. Perhaps in other areas of the country this may be different but here it is very much about how you look, who you're with and what you have that sets you apart from the run of the mill average people and average relationships.

Plain looking partners just doesn't have lasting potential around here if they are with someone who is "above" their level of beauty, class, or intelligence.
Where I live, there is a shortage of women. The best looking women normally go for the guys with money (they often have looks too). This means that in most other marriages, the man is (IMO) better looking than his wife.

We also have a high divorce rate. I'm not sure whether there is a correlation. Its been said that this is because so many people move here but it would be interesting to see whether the local marriages or the marriages of those who moved here were more at risk.

Old 01-23-2009, 01:00 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,546,473 times
I've dated, for the most part, ordinary and some less than ordinary looking men. They are not always the better man.

Old 01-23-2009, 01:15 AM

440 posts, read 1,682,425 times
Quite honestly I don't think you can generalize it. I think people are who they are, doesn't matter if they're 'magazine-cover gorgeous', or 'nose in a research textbook plain'.

Old 01-23-2009, 01:17 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
you are talking about success and stability over excitment and risk.
you are not appealing to many people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships