Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 10:18 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
I remember there was a show, either 20/20 or PrimeTime Live that did a bit on how being attractive impacts people's lives............

They did the same thing with fake interviewees. They even went so far as to have the beauty claim to not have any of the prerequisite skills and the men would say, "Oh well, you can learn on the job. When can you start?" At the same time, they would brush off the very qualified plain-looking girl.

This is just a fact of life. People are more attracted to attractive people. However, in a relationship, like Denny says above, it would get really old dealing with somebody selfish or stupid.
This is a cancer eating away at our society. Unfortunately, when having children comes into the equation, people, especially women, want what is best for them. They know how difficult it is to not have the physical attributes to be happy - to be appreciated, hired and pursued - and any other thing that makes one life fun, satisfying and interesting.

Consequently, they are mainly interested in attracting the type of man who will provide these genes. Only women who are either not interested in having children or already have them from such men will even consider other men. Even then, they are often more favorably disposed to the hunks - but perhaps a little more skeptical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Eleanor Roosevelt once said that beautiful young people were accidents of nature, while beautiful old people were works of art.

Of course, Eleanor Roosevelt wasn't either.
Inner beauty is difficult for most to see. Many don't even realize that it exists.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:24 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Inner beauty is difficult for most to see. Many don't even realize that it exists.
Not so. I think inner beauty, in the form of grace and warmth and a sense of peace, tend to be obvious to everybody--for it, too, is extraordinarily rare. The problem when people think they have inner beauty but really don't.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-minutes-II View Post
Whoever said that beautiful people don't develop social skills that only plain people have? Beautiful people have great social skills they just don't like to share with all the plain people only other beautiful people know what they are like.
Oh, I am sure they can be very polite to Brad Pitt or Paris Hilton. However, to have social skills, one must be polite to all people. This is beyond the capability of most good looking people. They have been raised to believe that people who aren't good looking are inferior and they act accordingly.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:28 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Oh, I am sure they can be very polite to Brad Pitt. However, to have social skills, one must be polite to all people. This is beyond the capability of most good looking people. They have been raised to believe that people who aren't good looking are inferior and they act accordingly.
You continuous generalizations - especially those regarding women, reveal you to be a young man with very little real world experience. Perhaps instead of posting such drivel ad nausem you would consider getting off the computer and actually meeting some people?

Old 01-25-2009, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Not so. I think inner beauty, in the form of grace and warmth and a sense of peace, tend to be obvious to everybody--for it, too, is extraordinarily rare. The problem when people think they have inner beauty but really don't.
I don't agree at all. It is quite common, but seldom recognized and in our shallow society, not appreciated.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:29 PM

Quote:
When cloning becomes legal - please be first in line my friend

Old 01-25-2009, 10:37 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
When cloning becomes legal - please be first in line my friend
Well, thanks. I think.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Well, thanks. I think.
Certainly you are keenly aware of our dire need for more men/husbands/fathers like you in the world???

Old 01-25-2009, 10:51 PM

BTW, I'm dead serious CPG
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships