Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2015, 10:22 PM

491 posts, read 402,763 times

Advertisements

Yes, picky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 12:27 AM

818 posts, read 917,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
Do you think there is a number of a hot women who men assume are saturated with male attention or already taken, but are in fact lonely and hoping for guys to talk to them?
NO ! Hot women these days, can live 60 miles from town and will have tons of men , contacting them, text , email , etc, chomping at the bit to give attention

Old 04-29-2015, 02:01 AM

750 posts, read 644,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
Do you think there is a number of a hot women who men assume are saturated with male attention or already taken, but are in fact lonely and hoping for guys to talk to them?
If any woman is lonely it is of her own doing and accord.

Old 04-29-2015, 07:33 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,171,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Chevy86 View Post
Probably so, I can only speak for myself and I feel like the loneliest person in the world. I spend just about every weekend alone in my house by myself. I look at other people and wish i had what they had..so, yes it's true at least for me.
I think I've identified the problem. This is a cause, not an effect.

Old 04-29-2015, 10:57 AM

1,225 posts, read 1,405,923 times
Short answer: YES!!!!!

I'm told very often that I'm beautiful, sexy, attractive, etc.... but take a guess how many men actually approach me full on? Not too many. Men stare at me, smile at me, hold the door for me, offer to help me with bags. But rarely -- RARELY -- will a man come right up to me and chat, or ask for my number, a date, or make a come on to me in any way. Besides eye contact and "casual" chit chat.

Lots of them shake and act nervous around me though, so you may be on to something regarding intimidation and whatnot.

Old 05-02-2015, 10:14 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,269,236 times
even Corey Wayne admitted that women are never truly out of the dating game, since women are typically on the receiving end of sexual attention, dating requests, even if a woman is single and not looking for a boyfriend, she is still in the dating game because even when a woman does not want a boyfriend, she will have hoards of men literally coming to her, if a man is out of the dating game it's because he voluntarily chooses to, he can focus on other areas of his life and forget about meeting women since he is expected to be on the projecting end.

Old 05-03-2015, 03:25 PM

814 posts, read 760,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewme18 View Post
I highly doubt it.
I second this.

I mean this may have been true in small town long before the internet, but I just don't see that happening today. Maybe in some Amish or moron community or something.

Old 05-03-2015, 07:56 PM

491 posts, read 402,763 times
BBC - Future - The surprising downsides of being drop dead gorgeous

This feature was interesting. The author cites several studies that suggest that those who are perceived as more beautiful are often given more advantages in school, and sometimes in their careers. A study by OKC, also cited in the article, seemed to suggest that users who posted more flawless profile pics got less action than those who posted "quirkier" photos. Food for thought.

Old 05-04-2015, 06:34 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Hmm...I think the answer to this question depends, a lot, on where these "hot women," live. Town, city, region. Around here, I don't think there are very many very attractive women who aren't taken, and if they're not, they still aren't lonely. I'm not looking go approach these or any other woman in an amorous or interested way right now. But, I'm generally outgoing and friendly. Talking in line at the store or bank or wherever. The very attractive type women are not often engaging in return, however. Justa smile and a " Hello, how are you today" as I'm putting my groceries on the check slide has been met with disdainful looks or just being ignored more often than not.

Idk, maybe its because they are expecting to be hit on and they've run in to a lot of creeps, so aloofness is the safest road. That, and I do believe the women to men ratio herebouts is tilted heavily on the male side of the scale. Women can be as picky as they choose. Since I'm not cruising for dates or anything, it doesn't really matter to me, so I'm not offended or put out by women, highly attractive or otherwise, acting that way. Its just something I've noticed.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:31 AM

1,917 posts, read 1,280,788 times
No. When an above average/hot girl is lonely, she is just being picky. There are a few good looking girls in my area and my friends always tell me to ask them out. I respond to them by saying, " dude, these girls have a list of guys they are considering. They aren't just single and waiting for a guy to ask them out. You have to be on her list".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships