Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2016, 12:13 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times

Advertisements

Raena and Ms.Mathlete, how are you guys doing?

Old 01-24-2016, 12:26 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Well I complained about the plows putting snow back over my car on a local paper site. Later some one dug my car out.
Now I just have to shovel in between the cars.

Old 01-24-2016, 12:34 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Oh gawd.... man, the idea of getting up early in the morning and say leaving the house at 5:30 on Monday morning and having to shovel snow first thing to dig your car out...man... I just couldn't do it. I don't know how you guys in the mid west or the east coast deal with that sort of thing. I'm a total weather wimp, looking out our window right now, it's cool and chilly out, but the sun is out a least.

Hope everyone back east stays safe. I think I saw that the death poll is up to 14 people now, so buckle up and stay warm and safe.

Old 01-24-2016, 12:35 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,557,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, love crows???.... man those suckers are noisy as hell...... Thanks on the job stuff, but they haven't quite offered the job yet, but they're definitely putting some money into the process with flying me around and all, so it looks good. Unless I completely blow those 3 day up north I might have a good shot at it.
Yes, I think crows are cool and hilarious little bastards. I also think Ravens are cool. There used to be a parrot sanctuary here but they relocated to Florida. They have a raven and he actually can talk. Very cool bird.

Old 01-24-2016, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Well I complained about the plows putting snow back over my car on a local paper site. Later some one dug my car out.
Now I just have to shovel in between the cars.
Haha, good.

Old 01-24-2016, 01:00 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Haha, good.
Yeah I'm watching a movie with Liam Wilson called Unknown. Then shoveling, my son is dreading it. I told him It will be easier since the snow stopped.

Old 01-24-2016, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Yeah I'm watching a movie with Liam Wilson called Unknown. Then shoveling, my son is dreading it. I told him It will be easier since the snow stopped.
How long do you think it will take you?

I see that we watched that movie, gave it a 3 out of 5, but we don't really remember it, lol.

Old 01-24-2016, 01:58 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Raena and Ms.Mathlete, how are you guys doing?
Exhausted, but invigorated. We have to dig out and move our cars to the other side of the street, and have learned through trial and error that the super is a little bit less of a d**khead if we dig out our cars before he tries to come through with the plow. So, I got up early to dig out my car, and the unspoken run in the neighborhood is, after you've dug out your own car, if you own a shovel and are able bodied, you help other people dig out too. Mind you, half of the neighbors speak virtually no English, but we all speak the universal language of "What the actual ****? There is a 5-foot high wall of snow blocking in my car!" So, we were all out there digging from about 9am to 2pm, and those who could not shovel supplied hot beverages. Anyone who says that New Yorkers are rude and inconsiderate can just kiss my ass, because I think we pull together quite nicely.

Oh, and the Mr. is home safe and sound. I have to laugh about this one thing though: for some unexpected reason, my in-laws decided to pick the kids up and bring them to their house to build snow men (seriously, they never EVER offer to babysit) and stay for dinner. You'd think this would be a perfect opportunity for a little, ahem, "adult nap time", with the place to ourselves and all, but the poor guy was running on fumes and fell asleep sitting up.

Old 01-24-2016, 02:10 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Exhausted, but invigorated. We have to dig out and move our cars to the other side of the street, and have learned through trial and error that the super is a little bit less of a d**khead if we dig out our cars before he tries to come through with the plow. So, I got up early to dig out my car, and the unspoken run in the neighborhood is, after you've dug out your own car, if you own a shovel and are able bodied, you help other people dig out too. Mind you, half of the neighbors speak virtually no English, but we all speak the universal language of "What the actual ****? There is a 5-foot high wall of snow blocking in my car!" So, we were all out there digging from about 9am to 2pm, and those who could not shovel supplied hot beverages. Anyone who says that New Yorkers are rude and inconsiderate can just kiss my ass, because I think we pull together quite nicely.

Oh, and the Mr. is home safe and sound. I have to laugh about this one thing though: for some unexpected reason, my in-laws decided to pick the kids up and bring them to their house to build snow men (seriously, they never EVER offer to babysit) and stay for dinner. You'd think this would be a perfect opportunity for a little, ahem, "adult nap time", with the place to ourselves and all, but the poor guy was running on fumes and fell asleep sitting up.

So Did Ted Cruz offend you with his comments about NY at the debates....

Old 01-24-2016, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post

I see Chow already beat me to it with the Cruz comment. lol No, that's nice to hear.

lol! What a waste. But at least he's home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships