Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2015, 03:51 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,235,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I had to run out to grab a couple things and man, I forgot what a nightmare shopping this time of year is, we usually do all of our Christmas shopping online but I needed a couple of quick things. I head over to Target, no luck finding what I needed, I head over to Kmart and man, I forgot why I don't shop at Kmart, I go there and the lines were fairly long, so I pick what I thought was the shortest. WRONG!!!! I didn't really pay much attention standing there sort of just zoning out and apparently the lady getting checked out had bought everything she needed for Christmas, two carts full of crap, toys and trinket-y garbage, I mean just tons and tons of shyt, it took the checkout girl like 15 minutes to ring it up, bag it and get the woman to pay, the guy behind me I heard him say 'F*ck it' and he dropped his stuff and bounced out of there, the woman behind him was screaming like a banshee to get more help, this sounds like I'm trying to be funny, I'm not.

The young woman in front of me had two little kids in her basket, they were bouncing off the walls, loaded up on lollipops and Cheetos, they were whining and fussing, I'm standing there, my hamstrings are hurting me from my slave labor on the floor yesterday, I get up to the register and the poor cashier looked disheveled and war-weary she starts to ask me if I want to donate to a charity, then asks me debit or credit, then finally if I want a bag for my stuff, I said to her "Please, I just want to get the hell out of here." I was joking and she laughed, but damn...... I really wasn't rude to her, she got the joke.

So I'm pulling into our parking structure at home, I apparently missed a call from Mrs. Chow. Once I got home I saw it and played it on speaker for both of us to hear she was wondering what was taking me so long. I joked and told her what was taking me so long was I was in the Kmart parking lot with a gun to my head....
Ugh, sounds awful. I try to avoid the stores; bought the stuff from Santa a couple of months ago, made a list of all the places I hid the presents, accidentally threw the list out, but managed to track it all down. Hey, that's one advantage to a small apartment. The kids wanted to get presents for eachother, so we did have to venture out for that. At the crack of dawn, to avoid lines.

Old 12-17-2015, 03:51 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,118,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post

There are also wine- and chocolate-scented ones. The chocolates one seriously make me want to eat 'em. And I bought some wine ones as a hostess gift for someone I thought we would be visiting where Chow's dad lives, but come to find out we probably won't be after all. Guess who gets those?
..I think you just listed all of my favourite things, lol

aaaand I've done all of my christmas shopping. lol

Old 12-17-2015, 04:12 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,252,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
..I think you just listed all of my favourite things, lol
Tell me about it. lol I just torture myself by using them. Any fragrances like that. Like, orange-scented; then I just want to eat an orange.

Quote:
aaaand I've done all of my christmas shopping. lol
I'm such a procrastinator, and when I was younger, I was reeeally bad at Christmas. I'd be rushing around doing everything at the last minute, and then I'd be up till 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning wrapping presents for the next day. Then I'd be exhausted when it came time to celebrate. My worst year was shopping for a last-minute gift on the way to my family's Christmas gathering. I had to sneakily wrap it once I got to my mom's house. Tacky. lol

I made myself miserable stressing over it, so I became militant each year about being prepared (at Christmas, at least). Started shopping in October. lol It also helped lessen the financial hit. But now I'm slipping back into my old ways again. It's next week!

EDIT: We only have to buy one more present, for Chow's dad. Older men are the hardest to buy for. lol

Last edited by SeaOfGrass; 12-17-2015 at 04:47 PM..

Old 12-17-2015, 05:16 PM

We just had a vote for the best Christmas movie in the office. Die Hard, won ... lol

Quote:
Tell me about it. lol I just torture myself by using them. Any fragrances like that. Like, orange-scented; then I just want to eat an orange.
lol!

Quote:
I'm such a procrastinator, and when I was younger, I was reeeally bad at Christmas. I'd be rushing around doing everything at the last minute, and then I'd be up till 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning wrapping presents for the next day. Then I'd be exhausted when it came time to celebrate. My worst year was shopping for a last-minute gift on the way to my family's Christmas gathering. I had to sneakily wrap it once I got to my mom's house. Tacky. lol

I made myself miserable stressing over it, so I became militant each year about being prepared (at Christmas, at least). Started shopping in October. lol It also helped lessen the financial hit. But now I'm slipping back into my old ways again. It's next week!

EDIT: We only have to buy one more present, for Chow's dad. Older men are the hardest to buy for. lol
I use to be really bad, when I worked in retail while studying... even though I was practically living at the shops, with all those hours working, finding time to shop for myself was hard.. and when I did, the last place I wanted to be, was at the shops.

Because all of my family is interstate, I normally buy everything last minute when I get home.. but now all the nephews/nieces (9 of them lol) are getting older, its a bit easier.. but.. I have got all my wrapping and ribbons ready for me to wrap this weekend. And told my mum to not wrap her gifts... lol

Old 12-17-2015, 05:43 PM

Quote:
We just had a vote for the best Christmas movie in the office. Die Hard, won ... lol

Quote:
lol!

I use to be really bad, when I worked in retail while studying... even though I was practically living at the shops, with all those hours working, finding time to shop for myself was hard.. and when I did, the last place I wanted to be, was at the shops.
lol I can imagine.

I worked at a small department store when I was young, as extra Christmas help, and it was pretty convenient for shopping. (One of the gifts I remember buying for my boyfriend at the time was a Members Only jacket. lol!)

Quote:
Because all of my family is interstate, I normally buy everything last minute when I get home.. but now all the nephews/nieces (9 of them lol) are getting older, its a bit easier..
We're getting a whole new batch of them.

Quote:
but.. I have got all my wrapping and ribbons ready for me to wrap this weekend.
I remember us talking about this last year, lol, how much fun we have wrapping. But, see, I'm so far behind, I've even neglected that!

Quote:
And told my mum to not wrap her gifts... lol
Do you mean so you can wrap them? lol!

Old 12-17-2015, 06:58 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,791,304 times
One more day, then four days off. Working Christmas and that weekend.

Oh. Thank you, automated message, for the reminder of the appointment.

Old 12-17-2015, 07:27 PM

Quote:

lol I can imagine.

I worked at a small department store when I was young, as extra Christmas help, and it was pretty convenient for shopping. (One of the gifts I remember buying for my boyfriend at the time was a Members Only jacket. lol!)

We're getting a whole new batch of them.
lol! there is a joke in my family, that someone is always pregnant... aaand my sister is.

Quote:
I remember us talking about this last year, lol, how much fun we have wrapping. But, see, I'm so far behind, I've even neglected that!
Yep... I find it so relaxing.. oooh! Hope you don't have too much.. otherwise get Chow on it.. (as long as he can tie a bow, lol)

Quote:
Do you mean so you can wrap them? lol!
lol.. oh yeah, I left that bit out.. yep!
(I was recently told I do that ..leave bits out of a sentence. lol . I think that is my Australian laziness)

Old 12-17-2015, 08:04 PM

Quote:
lol! there is a joke in my family, that someone is always pregnant... aaand my sister is.
lol

Quote:
Yep... I find it so relaxing.. oooh! Hope you don't have too much.. otherwise get Chow on it.. (as long as he can tie a bow, lol)
I think Chow did help one year. lol It was... nice of him.

Quote:
lol.. oh yeah, I left that bit out.. yep!
(I was recently told I do that ..leave bits out of a sentence. lol . I think that is my Australian laziness)
At first I just thought you were trying to make it easy on her or something, like, "Don't bother wrapping your gift(s) for me." lol But, no, I was just clarifying because I thought it was funny, that if it was that you wanted to wrap her gifts as well, you must REALLY like wrapping.

(I do that all the time. I go back and read something I wrote, and I think, 'I forgot to add so-and-so! No one's going to know what I was talking about!')

Old 12-17-2015, 08:50 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,647,543 times
Quote:
I can relate.. I was made redundant a few years ago, as they were moving... after 10 years at a place, I was pretty nervous.. but once I was in front of people its fine.. and when you know your stuff, you know.. your stuff

We don't normally have such severe winds.. although this was contained to a small area.. it was really windy the other day.. When I got home, there were sheets of metal from god knows where in the yard.
Metal probably parts from someone's roof.....

Old 12-17-2015, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Metal probably parts from someone's roof.....
lol

We had a couple of really windy days recently, too. Lots of palm tree branches laying in the streets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships