Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 07:02 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,143,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Any predictions on the number of threads you'll have to produce before you get the answer you want?

lol ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Yes they are. It's just more polite to say otherwise.

And as if I couldn't get any more ugly, I'm going to probably have a giant scar on my forehead. Like I needed that.

chicks did scars
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 07:05 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,029,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
lol ...

chicks did scars
It might be a conversation starter, but I don't know if they dig long scares on the forehead going back.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:26 PM

947 posts, read 1,189,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Looks are extremely important to both sexes. Its just that women dont want us men to know just how important it is.

If you were to take two guys, Guy "A" is very attractive with very good body, and Guy "B" is just okay, with an okay body; all other things like income, education, personality, mutual interests, etc. being EXACTLY the same, 99 out of 100 women would choose Guy "A". The one gal who would choose Guy "B" will do so because of her own personal shortcomings (lack of attractiveness, weight, past failed relationships, etc.).

There are a LOT of things people (of both sexes) look for in the opposite sex, being physically attracted to the other person is something most people just want.
Being good looking but having nothing to offer is, nearly as bad as being interesting but poorly groomed/looking like a cow's ass. Neither seems like a good matchup. Takes a combition of both looks and character.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:46 PM

709 posts, read 767,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
chicks did scars
Ha. Now, where have I heard that line?

[CENTER] [/CENTER]
Lisa: My brother's gonna jump Springfield Gorge on a skateboard.
Lance Murdock: Could you leave me with the kids, please? Let me start by saying ... good for you, son! It's always good to see young people taking an interest in danger. Now a lot of people are going to be telling you you're crazy, and maybe they're right. But the fact of the matter is:
Bones heal.
Chicks dig scars.
And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!

Last edited by troymclure; 05-05-2015 at 08:20 PM..

Old 05-05-2015, 08:44 PM

48,581 posts, read 35,009,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
It might be a conversation starter, but I don't know if they dig long scares on the forehead going back.
What happened?!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-05-2015, 08:59 PM

37,719 posts, read 46,158,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter921 View Post
ok, check this out, some women are saying they dont just get with guys like that to sleep with them because of how they look. that is kind of hard to belive, for example, when i was in high school and after hs, there were women who would sleep with the pretty guy types. and many young college women at some parties, they would try to get the pretty boy men and would try get to know them based on that. they said things at parties like "oh wow he is so attractive, i have to get his number" or they would stare at the guys all day expecting him to approach her\them. but if women are not about looks, then how come the average looking guy gets left behind when those guys are around ? answer me that ?
How old are you?

Old 05-05-2015, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Looks are extremely important to both sexes. Its just that women dont want us men to know just how important it is.

If you were to take two guys, Guy "A" is very attractive with very good body, and Guy "B" is just okay, with an okay body; all other things like income, education, personality, mutual interests, etc. being EXACTLY the same, 99 out of 100 women would choose Guy "A". The one gal who would choose Guy "B" will do so because of her own personal shortcomings (lack of attractiveness, weight, past failed relationships, etc.).

There are a LOT of things people (of both sexes) look for in the opposite sex, being physically attracted to the other person is something most people just want.
I would say that is somewhat true, BUT, there is a big difference in what different women find attractive. Sure there are the George Clooney and Brad Pitt types...guys that look like that won't ever have any issues finding a mate, unless they are a complete a-hole. But there have been many threads here where women have posted pics of who they considered to be "hot", and there are always a whole slew of "Ugh!!" responses. Different strokes for all of us.

Old 05-05-2015, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter921 View Post
on my other post, women seem to say they are not into look like that:

//www.city-data.com/forum/psych...arused-14.html
Oy vey!

THAT was a completely different question. If you don't understand what you are asking, then you should stop posting.

Old 05-05-2015, 09:59 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,581,655 times
The good looking guys get girls in high school. This breeds confidence. Confidence carries these guys well into their twenties. If they are counting on nothing but looks and confidence going into their 30's they aren't going to have much luck.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:30 AM

51,038 posts, read 36,749,051 times
People misunderstand this. Of course females love great looking guys and get aroused by them. When they say women aren't only about looks, it means if we meet a guy who isn't a "10" but we feel chemistry in other ways, those attributes can bump his number up. With men, it's usually only about looks, and personality etc don't bump us up into the dateable category if you don't think we're hot looks-wise.

Why anyone thinks this means we don't appreciate or get aroused by beauty in males is beyond me.

Look at the posters guys and girls hang, our crushes....men put up posters of hot babes, while girls will also have posters of people like Mick Jagger or Steven Tyler, not classically good looking, in fact on the ugly side, but we still crush on them because they are sexy, dominant, etc. A guy would only crush on a hot girl's poster on the other hand. But it doesn't mean we wouldn't all f*** Brad Pitt or George Clooney if we got the chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships