Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 09:57 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,616,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Sadly, this is where she's at. She believes that if the right guy comes along, everything will magically fall into place.
I'm not holding my breath waiting for anyone to come along, so you can stop being condescending.

Old 05-09-2015, 10:03 PM

11,798 posts, read 12,038,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I'm not holding my breath waiting for anyone to come along, so you can stop being condescending.
It's hardly condescending when it's the truth. You believe that if you're attracted to a guy and he is attracted back, your lack of sociability and inability to bond and connect with others will just go away. Page after page, we are telling you that you need to sort out your personal issues first, the right guy won't "cure" you of what's holding you back.

Old 05-09-2015, 10:07 PM

Quote:
It's hardly condescending when it's the truth. You believe that if you're attracted to a guy and he is attracted back, your lack of sociability and inability to bond and connect with others will just go away. Page after page, we are telling you that you need to sort out your personal issues first, the right guy won't "cure" you of what's holding you back.
I don't need to be in a relationship and I don't need to have sex. Maybe your happiness is based on that, but mine isn't.

Old 05-09-2015, 10:32 PM

8 posts, read 5,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I don't need to be in a relationship and I don't need to have sex. Maybe your happiness is based on that, but mine isn't.
It is sad when that is all someone has to offer. I think the people who cannot get a date to save their own life and don't necessarily want one are far more advanced than someone who puts all their eggs in that one little basket.

I'm a skunk for crying out loud. Who's going to date me?

Don't care, I can clear out a whole ballpark if "someone" makes me mad....

Old 05-10-2015, 08:31 AM

9,102 posts, read 6,324,331 times
Quote:
Sometimes being with the right person (or people) can have therapeutic effects. I am not advocating that it will solve all of the OP's issues but I have had times in my life when the wrong crowd has dragged me down and conversely the right people have brought me back up.

Old 05-10-2015, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
Sometimes being with the right person (or people) can have therapeutic effects. I am not advocating that it will solve all of the OP's issues but I have had times in my life when the wrong crowd has dragged me down and conversely the right people have brought me back up.
Yeah. I mean, I obviously don't know for sure that things would be different in my ideal scenario, but without having ever been in the situation, I can't say for sure that they wouldn't be. The point is that people here don't know me and don't know what's best for me, so it's not their place to be condescending, try to diagnose me with things, and tell me what I need to do, nor did I ask them. There's a difference between sharing your perspective on things and overstepping your bounds, and some people here have issues with that.

Old 05-10-2015, 10:23 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,000 times
Someone says they don't want to date and everyone is up in arms. I don't get why everyone is all on the OP's case.

Old 05-10-2015, 10:31 AM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old No. 7 View Post
I don't either...there's some nasty personalities on here for sure. Leave the poor lady alone....
I agree... if the OP feels like she's done with dating it doesn't make her some kind of sociopath, it just makes her done with dating... I gave up trying to diagnose her. if she simply doesn't want to date than she simply doesn't want to date.. doesn't mean anything more or anything less...

Old 05-10-2015, 10:36 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,724,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I agree... if the OP feels like she's done with dating it doesn't make her some kind of sociopath, it just makes her done with dating... I gave up trying to diagnose her. if she simply doesn't want to date than she simply doesn't want to date.. doesn't mean anything more or anything less...
Like the old saying goes....

"To each his/her own."

Some people are just unable to fathom that people simply have a different view of romance and anything really, than they do. When someone gets great pleasure from something...they can't or choose not to understand that someone else doesn't feel the same way. As humans we all want to fit in, and there is a select few who couldn't care whether they fit a certain mold or not. We shouldn't try to condemn one another for it...especially if one is not hurting the other or themselves.

We should all just chill.

Old 05-10-2015, 10:46 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old No. 7 View Post
I don't either...there's some nasty personalities on here for sure. Leave the poor lady alone....
Well I'm definitely a nasty personality here, I find it dazzling people here would not believe when someone says "I'm done" to dating they can't believe the frustration it takes to get to that point where they are finished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships