Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2015, 09:05 PM

9,102 posts, read 6,327,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I as a man don't want a woman to "satisfy" my needs... I want her to want to be with me...
This quote is spot on and also ties in with a comment Timberline made in another thread about women shopping for husbands.

Old 05-09-2015, 09:05 PM

52,287 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I'm not asking out a woman more than a couple of times if I don't think she wants me.
The idea that she might be open to satisfy me is nauseating.

Why would any half decent dude be ok with that when there are lots of sensual cute women out there that would really want you?
I think Timerberline, we're about the same age, 40 something and I think as a man as you get older you have differing senses of what you want in terms of a woman...

I remember being a 22 yr old guy and the only requirements were two **** a hole and a heartbeat and writing that make me uncomfortable.. as is sounds crappy...

As a 45 yr old man, I have a whole differing sense of what I want in a woman, I want the package, I want a smart woman, a sexy woman, a confident woman...

I don't want a woman to service me as a form of duty... and I'm not even mad at women that think that way.. I just know what I want.

That is one of the benefits of becoming an old man.... you have a better sense of what is and what isn't and doing me a favor isn't.......

Old 05-09-2015, 09:07 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,618,824 times
Quote:
Doesn't sound like you really have any desire for a relationship, at any level. Mentally, emotionally, or physically.
Well, that's not true. I'd love to meet a man who I found attractive and wanted to have sex with.

Old 05-09-2015, 09:10 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
I think Timerberline, we're about the same age, 40 something and I think as a man as you get older you have differing senses of what you want in terms of a woman...

I remember being a 22 yr old guy and the only requirements were two **** a hole and a heartbeat and writing that make me uncomfortable.. as is sounds crappy...

As a 45 yr old man, I have a whole differing sense of what I want in a woman, I want the package, I want a smart woman, a sexy woman, a confident woman...

I don't want a woman to service me as a form of duty... and I'm not even mad at women that think that way.. I just know what I want.

That is one of the benefits of becoming an old man.... you have a better sense of what is and what isn't and doing me a favor isn't.......

I think it is true I want more, but in my 20s I still wanted smart and cool.

I want a lot more at 43. I also have more to offer.

Thankfully there is no shortage of adult women with the suite to offer, and yes, want to bang me.

What there is lacking is those that want a commitment!

Old 05-09-2015, 09:12 PM

Quote:
I think it is true I want more, but in my 20s I still wanted smart and cool.

I want a lot more at 43. I also have more to offer.

Thankfully there is no shortage of adult women with the suite to offer, and yes, want to bang me.

What there is lacking is those that want a commitment!
I'm my 20's, smart and cool wasn't on the radar... hot and ready was more like it... but 22 yrs or so can change a man........

Old 05-09-2015, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Well, that's not true. I'd love to meet a man who I found attractive and wanted to have sex with.

But you said you've never met someone you wanted to have sex with, in 15 or so years of being dating age!

And I notice how you skip the mental and emotional part... they aren't separate! They all come together. A mental, emotional, and physical connection. They aren't separate components. They come together.

Old 05-09-2015, 09:14 PM

Quote:
I'm my 20's, smart and cool wasn't on the radar... hot and ready was more like it... but 22 yrs or so can change a man........

If I'm honest, smart or cool would do,. Thinking back. But one of the two needed to be there.

You know, outside of just hook ups.

Old 05-09-2015, 09:16 PM

Quote:
If I'm honest, smart or cool would do,. Thinking back. But one of the two needed to be there.

You know, outside of just hook ups.
You were more refined and cultured at 23 than I was.......

Old 05-09-2015, 09:16 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,618,824 times
Quote:
But you said you've never met someone you wanted to have sex with, in 15 or so years of being dating age!

And I notice how you skip the mental and emotional part... they aren't separate! They all come together. A mental, emotional, and physical connection. They aren't separate components. They come together.
Well, we've already established that I haven't experienced a "real" romantic attraction to anyone thus far, so is it that surprising to you that I haven't had sex with any of the guys I've met via OLD?

Old 05-09-2015, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Well, we've already established that I haven't experienced a "real" romantic attraction to anyone thus far, so is it that surprising to you that I haven't had sex with any of the guys I've met via OLD?

Kinda. But I wasn't referring to just OLD.

But whatever

I'm done. Hope you get therapy and figure it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships