Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 09:39 PM

750 posts, read 644,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnson4381 View Post
My husband has been out of town for the past week and we got into this big fight via text on Monday. It started out as me complaining about a video game he plays and how I had a bad experience with the company that makes the game. I was saying nasty things about the company and that irritated him because I guess I did it one too many times. It escalated into him telling me he was tired of me and my complaining, hating and issues with my body. He told me I was just like my dad, which I did not like because my dad is kind of a jerk. He says that I'm anti-social and hate all people (not true, I'm just introverted and don't have or want tons of friends...but I do have a couple). And then he said once we get our money situation straightened out, we're going to get a divorce.

Then we talked again last night. He was still kind of negative and said we are headed to divorce town unless I "get some help". I made an appointment today to ask my doctor for anti-anxiety medication, I figured that's what he was getting at. But that doesn't really help me right now. I have a job interview tomorrow for a job that I think I might really enjoy and that will pay me well, but on top of being stressed out about everything, my self-esteem is in the gutter.

Oh yeah, and I also made my sister angry last night, so I'm worried that she will tell him the things I said while I was upset (I'm tired of supporting his &$$....I'm the best thing that happened to him but he still acts like a *%$&!, etc) because he's staying with my family right now. And my mom has been telling him stories about how mean I was as a kid and how I used to scream a lot. I asked him if she told him any good stories about me and he said "are there any?", so I take that as a "no".

I keep thinking about texting him to ask him for a vote of confidence for my interview but I'm worried we'll get into a fight again. I really want a peaceful night tonight. I also want to get some self-esteem back. Maybe I am an awful person. My best friend says I didn't do anything wrong and that he's just being a jerk. But my husband is threatening to divorce me, my mom doesn't have any good stories to tell about me and now my sister won't talk to me.

But I can work on all that later and I will. I don't want to be a bad person, if I indeed am one. For now, though, I just want to be relaxed and confident for my interview tomorrow. Any tips on how to feel better about yourself and not worry about the storm that might be ahead?
Why do people complain about dumb *****? All it is, is annoying and does no good what so ever.

Let your husband play what ever games he likes so long as it is not becoming an addition affecting his work and personal life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2015, 09:42 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
Why do people complain about dumb *****? All it is, is annoying and does no good what so ever.

Let your husband play what ever games he likes so long as it is not becoming an addition affecting his work and personal life.
Yes, complaining about a crappy video game company is definitely grounds for divorce.

Old 06-03-2015, 09:44 PM

690 posts, read 2,108,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post

Just to be clear, I wasn't telling him I didn't want him to play the game. I tried to install the game myself so I could play with him. It didn't work out and the customer service was terrible. So, I told him I was going to boycott the company.

Old 06-03-2015, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Yes, complaining about a crappy video game company is definitely grounds for divorce.
Yeah, I felt like it's absurd but I think the way he feels is that this is just the final straw. He thinks I complain too much, among other things.

Old 06-03-2015, 09:47 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,455,752 times
Sounds like he is tired of you complaining about everything and ****ting on everything he likes.

Living with someone like that can be soul sucking.

its not about the video game.

You have to understand that even if you feel that you do not complain or pick at his likes that is how he feels. If you are to talk about it with one another leave the trival aspects out and focus on why he feels the way he does, not superfluous things like what game company.

I couldn't possibly begin to dissect your entire realtionship to know who triggers what In each other, so I won't....just take some time to yourself and get away from the things that are making you stressed out to help clear you head a little.

Last edited by rego00123; 06-03-2015 at 10:02 PM..

Old 06-03-2015, 09:47 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,686,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnson4381 View Post
Yeah, I felt like it's absurd but I think the way he feels is that this is just the final straw. He thinks I complain too much, among other things.

If you really do complain a lot, I can see why he would be annoyed. That's a lot of negativity. I personally can't stand to be around incessant complainers.

Old 06-03-2015, 09:51 PM

I don't think I complain more than the average person, in fact I keep a lot to myself because of the way he reacts seemingly every time I have a complaint. But maybe that's still above his threshold. He's not exactly the most positive person I know, either. He has quite a temper.

But I am going to work on myself, like I said earlier. I was just hoping for something that'd make me feel good through tomorrow, not relationship advice.

Old 06-03-2015, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
Sounds like he is tired of you complaining about everything and ****ting on everything he likes.

Living with someone like that can be soul sucking.

its not about the video game.

You have to understand that even if you feel that you do not complain or pick at his likes that is how he feels. If you are to talk about it with one another leave the trival aspects out and focus on why he feels the way he does, not superfluous things like what game company.

I couldn't possibly begin to dissect your entire realtionship to know who triggers what In each other, so I won't....just take some time to yourself and get away from the things that are making you stressed out to help clear you head a little.
Yes, thank you.

Old 06-03-2015, 10:09 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
If your Mom, sister and husband are all saying the same things about you, they may be right. Saying things like that about your husband is not right, that's not complaining.

Not saying they are, but it is really worth considering.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-03-2015, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
If your Mom, sister and husband are all saying the same things about you, they may be right. Saying things like that about your husband is not right, that's not complaining.

Not saying they are, but it is really worth considering.
I understand that...that's why I said that I'd work on myself. I was hoping to get some suggestions on what to do to feel better tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships