Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Ladies, could you date a guy who use to see prostitutes?
Yes 3 15.00%
No 17 85.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 07:28 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,829,896 times

Advertisements

No. Absolute dealbreaker.

Old 06-06-2015, 07:35 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,228,022 times
+1. I think it comes down to the social stigma of prostitution more than anything else. It's not the greatest or wisest choice, but the only difference between that and an ONS is the fact that money is exchanged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
Seeing prostitutes in his past wouldn't be much different to me than sleeping with women who were promiscuous and didn't charge money for it (they are just as disease-prone).

But I don't need any man who'd sleep with prostitutes after I'm in the picture. Yes, BIG deal-breaker in this case.

Old 06-06-2015, 07:40 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,159,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
+1. I think it comes down to the social stigma of prostitution more than anything else. It's not the greatest or wisest choice, but the only difference between that and an ONS is the fact that money is exchanged.
I totally disagree. A woman who has a one night stand wants to have sex. A prostitute usually needs the money. Their motives are completely different. And more than that, a man that has a one night stand is looking for consensual sex. A man who goes to a prostitute is buying a woman to do what he wants. They are completely different things to me.

Old 06-06-2015, 07:41 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,630,923 times
Big deal, lots of guys have been to prostitutes in the past. I slept with one for free who kept trying to get me to pay, it was in Cabo, and I told her I don't pay girls to sleep with me, they pay me back home. She's like really? I said of course, look at me! Do you think I need to pay? As soon as she got out of the strip club she told me to leave with her, we partied and drank all night until going back to her place around 5 am and let's just say I didn't pay. I still think it was the best conquest of my single life - the ultimate challenge, sleep with a paid girl for free lol. Glad those days are behind me though I much prefer being with my awesome GF.

Old 06-06-2015, 07:49 PM

But he is buying consensual sex, and she is choosing to sell it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I totally disagree. A woman who has a one night stand wants to have sex. A prostitute usually needs the money. Their motives are completely different. And more than that, a man that has a one night stand is looking for consensual sex. A man who goes to a prostitute is buying a woman to do what he wants. They are completely different things to me.

Old 06-06-2015, 07:52 PM

Quote:
But he is buying consensual sex, and she is choosing to sell it
Perhaps consensual sex is the wrong term. What I'm talking about isn't consent but desire. In a one night stand - both people desire sex. With prostitution, only one person desires sex. The other person is simply providing something for money.

Old 06-06-2015, 07:57 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,727 times
I would have to say no. The men that have, I won't say are automatically bad people. So nothing to do with that.

But far as my personal taste, I would prefer a man who was more "choosy" with whom he slept with, and 1 that hadn't been with tons of women.

But it's usually moot, because many people don't disclose these types of things. And even if asked, some will lie about it-if not refuse to answer. So you never really know anyhow, unless you care to go to the trouble of a lie-detector test lol But I doubt anyone would be anal enough about it for that, and that their partner, or potential partner, would agree to it. lol

Old 06-06-2015, 08:01 PM

Regardless of how any of us feel about the practice, both people get what they want with prostitution: one gets sex he wants, and the other gets money she wants. FWIW, in plenty of marriages and LTRs exists one person who desires sex, while the other doesn't but puts out anyway.
Quote:
Perhaps consensual sex is the wrong term. What I'm talking about isn't consent but desire. In a one night stand - both people desire sex. With prostitution, only one person desires sex. The other person is simply providing something for money.

Old 06-06-2015, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Regardless of how any of us feel about the practice, both people get what they want with prostitution: one gets sex he wants, and the other gets money she wants. FWIW, in plenty of marriages and LTRs exists one person who desires sex, while the other doesn't but puts out anyway.
My point is that I do not view sex that way and would not want to be with anyone else who did. I view sex as something to be shared - not something to be bought and sold.

And I have a feeling that most prostitutes aren't actually getting what they want out of it since they probably would rather not be a prostitute.

Old 06-06-2015, 08:29 PM

I agree with you in principal, but there are times when sex is purely physical; not much more than a bodily function that must be taken care of. In a perfect world that would not be the case, but sometimes treating sex as a business transaction is the least messy tactic for getting that need met.
Quote:
My point is that I do not view sex that way and would not want to be with anyone else who did. I view sex as something to be shared - not something to be bought and sold.

And I have a feeling that most prostitutes aren't actually getting what they want out of it since they probably would rather not be a prostitute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships