Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 09:50 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,119,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
There are also plenty of attractive men on dating sites, you can ask them the same question...

Because even though attractive men have better odds than unattractive men, they dont get hit on by women, at the same level an average woman gets hit on by men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2015, 10:13 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,942,753 times
Think about it.. it's a lot easier to reject online. It's also a lot easier to sort through who you're interested in and who you're not interested in.

Most guys that attractive women get hit on by, are losers and creeps anyways.

Old 06-20-2015, 08:31 PM

378 posts, read 705,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I think they can be, certainly.

But not for trolling for partners. For spending time with friends, doing trivia night, eating tavern food, playing pool, etc. sure. But, nah, not ever my first choice of venue for meeting prospective dates.

When I was single, I liked online because I could set the set the pace, decide if I wanted to respond to somebody in my own time, versus feel pressured into responding (one way or another) to getting hit on in a bar, and it's easier to lose somebody whose advances are unwanted online than it is in a bar. I also found that men were, in my experience, more receptive to being approached online than they were in person, and I was more comfortable approaching them online than in person. It also allowed me to widen my search with ease.
This...although I hated online dating, that was the only place that I could meet 'dating' men. Where I lived, you did not want to meet a guy in a bar. The bars in my town are pretty much meat markets and I wasn't looking to hook up. Either that, or every guy that hit on me was married. This town is more of a family town than a singles town (unless you're a rich single and can spend your days on the lake or the martini bars with your crew).

Many people think attractive women (and men) have the easiest time finding dates, but a lot of time that's not true. Even online in was hard. Interestingly enough my last boyfriend and my currently boyfriend have been people that I've know as friends IRL, but if it wasn't for online dating, I wouldn't have had a dating life between them.

Old 06-20-2015, 08:39 PM

720 posts, read 501,165 times
Attractive women use online dating so they can narrow down who they talk to. They don't want to go to a bar and have, you know, me come up to them after two beers and a shot and be like, "HI ... YOU'RE SO HOT ... DO Y'WANNA BUY ME A DRINK?" Then, you know, I'll usually quote that line from Forrest Gump about how I'm not a smart man but I know what love is. That's not sexy.

Old 06-20-2015, 09:25 PM

800 posts, read 730,881 times
Something to do with the social setting. Maybe they don't like attention or are just kind of awkward. That or they are young and grew up on it being normal.

Old 06-20-2015, 09:38 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,599,905 times
Online dating IS pretty ubiquitous, at this point.

Old 06-20-2015, 09:44 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
There are also plenty of attractive men on dating sites, you can ask them the same question...
Most of them were scammers. I was a model yet I seemed to attract Frankenstein's brother on dating sites. I gave up because of that.

Pretty women try online because of wanting to meet the one.

Old 06-20-2015, 09:47 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
I love nerds.

Old 06-20-2015, 09:48 PM

106 posts, read 87,869 times
A lot of guys are intimidated by attractive women and don't ask them out. So, they turn to online dating.

Old 06-20-2015, 09:49 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,146,031 times
At risk of painting myself as vain...I will answer.

I tried OLD because I am very shy and do not appear approachable, have very specific beliefs, values and goals, and I do not like the kind of guys who hit on me in nightspots (don't tend to be quality guys). I am NOT interested in hook-ups and flings.

However, I do not like OLD because I realized compatible people will come into your life naturally; and you have twice as many duds hitting on you online, which gets exhausting to sort through. It was just a big waste of time and energy, although yes, it can be an instant ego boost, until you're disappointed by the lack of compatibility in men available online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships