Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 05:33 AM

361 posts, read 334,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Lots of bad behavior goes uncontested with a shrug and "everyone does it" from drinking and driving to littering to speeding to not putting your shopping cart away, etc. It is maddening to me that it's so acceptable.

But the crappy woman behavior is suddenly not ok bc it affects you?
You are not understanding what I am trying to say. Try this, start a relationship with a girl and try to criticize everything she does that you do not approve of. Do you really believe she is going to change for you? Good example is, people who are dishonest and lie constantly. Do you think one day, the girl is going to wake up and be like "Ok, from now on, I am not going to lie anymore".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2015, 07:08 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaConservative View Post
You are not understanding what I am trying to say. Try this, start a relationship with a girl and try to criticize everything she does that you do not approve of. Do you really believe she is going to change for you? Good example is, people who are dishonest and lie constantly. Do you think one day, the girl is going to wake up and be like "Ok, from now on, I am not going to lie anymore".
Nope.

That is why I have nothing to do with low class people.

Old 08-23-2015, 07:16 AM

361 posts, read 334,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Nope.

That is why I have nothing to do with low class people.
I don't think it has anything to do with class, more with the society we are living in. It is extremely hard to find women nowadays that have their **** together as well as basic morals and values.

Old 08-23-2015, 07:18 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:
I don't think it has anything to do with class, more with the society we are living in. It is extremely hard to find women nowadays that have their **** together as well as basic morals and values.
Yes.
People who can't are low class.

Nothing to do with $.

Character.

BTW, I have no problem meeting people with morals, class, and character. Get yourself in better circles.

Old 08-23-2015, 04:09 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,971,833 times
Um... You know that little thing that people have that keeps them from saying stuff? I don't have that. I'll tell you exactly what I am feeling and... I give quizzes! What did I just say?

Old 08-23-2015, 04:15 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justThis View Post
I mean, do you want to sit down with me and discuss everything about our culture that I'd like to see changed?

I'm talking about this here because this is a relationship forum. It's never been okay.
OP, people, male & female, get away with never saying how they feel because their partners let them. If you're not ok with it, work it out with your partner, or if they're not amenable and it's important to you, get another partner.

I don't know why people put up with things for so long that they find unacceptable.

Old 08-23-2015, 04:16 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justThis View Post
I think it's total BULLS*** and it irks me to no end that so many relationships live by the credo that as long as the woman is even casually present, everything is great.
What credo is this? I've never heard of this. This is not a "credo". This is just bad communication skills.

Old 08-23-2015, 04:45 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,487,863 times
What you are describing is part of a much larger problem.............America is a very Narcissistic society......and it keeps getting worse with everyone and the selfie sticks telling the world how great they think they so of course you will inevitability have more selfish people because they only care about themselves.

Old 08-23-2015, 11:00 PM

2,625 posts, read 3,416,277 times
Quote:
This post makes you sound like a beta male. You always have to have more than a few options lined up when you are dating. If she starts to act flaky, don't give her any attention, screw her. I don't understand how some guys can be so involved and give all their attention to one single female they barely know. Not even worth it
Quote:
One of the most beta moves is confronting a woman when she flakes. I speak from experience. And no, I don't think I am "cool" but I used think like you do when I was younger. Trust me, lecturing a woman when she flakes will get you nowhere.

Do you think she is going to change? Do you think she will get really excited to hear some guy criticizing her flaws? Don't give her any attention because unconsciously, that is what she is looking for.

If a woman flakes with me or starts acting different, I cut all communication immediately. You should be the one in control of your situation and never let a woman dictate how you live your life, screw that!
Just pointing out something to Iowa Conservative for his/her edification (in case you weren't aware of it):

I've seen C-D Forum Moderators (even today) post to all of us that using Alpha and Beta labels in the Relationships Forum violates forum rules. I'm not even sure what such labels even mean (yet) but it appears that City-data.com doesn't want us using this kind of verbiage in these forums. It isn't my rule or hangup; it is C-D's own rules. Query with them about it.

Beyond that (which is not an issue for me at all but appears to be for C-D), I do like your postings to the OP and your thinking.

Last edited by UsAll; 08-23-2015 at 11:12 PM..

Old 08-24-2015, 10:18 AM

277 posts, read 271,713 times
Women communicate how they feel ALL THE TIME! Just learn to read body language. If you need verbal communication, it helps if you start it in an indirect way - telling her something vulnerable about yourself; that feels like permission for her to share as well. I am a very verbal person, but tend to keep quiet around people who don't seem to be into emotional talk. Also, there is this stereotype that women are drama queens and make a big deal out of nothing. So instead of speaking up, I shut up, hoping my feelings are indeed too dramatic and will go away.

Last edited by beweirdess; 08-24-2015 at 11:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships