Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 10:08 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,744,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwuk45 View Post
Someone who had a kid aged 17 shouldn't really be lecturing people on their "morals". Not that there's anything wrong with having a kid aged 17, but understand that in half of the country that is considered statutory rape.
Are you ****ing kidding?

Old 09-19-2015, 10:12 AM

577 posts, read 670,371 times
No I'm not. I'm sick of people telling others how to live their lives, based on their own made up "morals", particularly when they've done things which other so called moral guardians would have a go at them for.

But yes, continue to call people "dirty old men", or whatever other ageist labels you have to judge people you know nothing about with.

Old 09-19-2015, 10:16 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,882,766 times
She's an adult, you're an adult. Oh who cares what "social media" thinks. Go have fun.

Old 09-19-2015, 10:17 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,606,010 times
Quote:
No I'm not. I'm sick of people telling others how to live their lives, based on their own made up "morals", particularly when they've done things which other so called moral guardians would have a go at them for.

But yes, continue to call people "dirty old men", or whatever other ageist labels you have to judge people you know nothing about with.
LOL.

What's your age, gender, and the target age of those you are involved with/wish to be involved with, I wonder?

Old 09-19-2015, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
LOL.

What's your age, gender, and the target age of those you are involved with/wish to be involved with, I wonder?
I'm in my mid 30s, male. The last woman I dated was in her 40s, most have been a couple of years older than me. A couple have been early 20s.

Unlike some of you people, I'm not ageist. I'm happy to date anyone who is of legal age and who I feel brings happiness to us both. I don't judge anyone on any legal, consensual relationship they have. People like you should think about doing likewise.

I notice the majority of people who I hear complain about these relationships are women who are 30+ and are bitter that men are dating younger girls, because they can. A lot of girls like older men, it was always thus.

Old 09-19-2015, 10:26 AM

29,748 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
People like you should think about doing likewise.
You're right, people can do whatever they want with whomever they want (consenting adults, blah blah.) But at the same time, when someone airs their laundry on a worldwide internet message board, they're asking for others to weigh in with their opinions. You can do whatever you want, and I can judge you for it. If OP just wanted a high five, he wouldn't be here. He'd be out banging the 19-year-old.

Old 09-19-2015, 10:30 AM

He's on here posting because, unfortunately, modern American society has created a stigma around age gap relationships. If people like yourself weren't passing judgment on things which don't negatively affect you or anyone else, he wouldn't have to, he could just enjoy the relationship in peace.

Old 09-19-2015, 10:33 AM

Quote:
I'm in my mid 30s, male. The last woman I dated was in her 40s, most have been a couple of years older than me. A couple have been early 20s.

Unlike some of you people, I'm not ageist. I'm happy to date anyone who is of legal age and who I feel brings happiness to us both. I don't judge anyone on any legal, consensual relationship they have. People like you should think about doing likewise.

I notice the majority of people who I hear complain about these relationships are women who are 30+ and are bitter that men are dating younger girls, because they can. A lot of girls like older men, it was always thus.
Given that even a cursory look over your previous posts reveals a lot of critique of "Americans" and their silly American ways of doing things and looking at things, and the many ways that the UK, etc. are superior, I'm not so certain that you have a lot of room on the moral high ground front to be admonishing others for biases.

People can absolutely do whatever they want (bearing in mind potential consequences). I actually agree with you that people of age to make their own decisions can make whatever decisions they like, based on whatever criteria they choose (yes, even strongly biased criteria).

And if they post things on public forums in anticipation of feedback, that's what they'll get. Sometimes, they get feedback they feel good about, sometimes not.

Old 09-19-2015, 10:35 AM

Quote:
He's on here posting because, unfortunately, modern American society has created a stigma around age gap relationships. If people like yourself weren't passing judgment on things which don't negatively affect you or anyone else, he wouldn't have to, he could just enjoy the relationship in peace.
B.S.

He can "enjoy" whatever relationship he likes.

People who are comfortable in their choices don't sweat approval from strangers.

Old 09-19-2015, 10:36 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
Quote:

My husband doesn't like them that young either. We had a thing for a while with a 24-year-old, but she was just in a different world. Maybe it's because we're parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships