Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 06:38 AM

361 posts, read 333,762 times

Advertisements

Anyways, I live in a college town and I am around young girls all the time. I am not a professor but I still have ties to the university. Last week, through a function, I got to meet a 19 year old girl. Let me first make it very clear that I find nothing in common with 95% of the girls I interact here but this girl is cool and acts a little older

I really enjoy our conversations and I can tell she does not come from a very stable family background but she is trying to be a good person. There was great chemistry and she gave all the signs of interest through her body language BUT deep inside, I know it is probably not the greatest idea to get involved with someone that young, even if it is only physically and sexually.

Should I be repressing these feelings? This is not the first time nor the last time it has happened but usually my rational side kicks in and I stop but deep inside, I really wanted to get her phone number and see what happens.

If you were her father, would you automatically hate me without knowing anything about my background? I am off base, please call me out

Old 09-19-2015, 06:41 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,459,309 times
She seems like trouble for an LTR, but if you can keep things just casual sex for a bit (this would probably have a short shelf life), that could work for both of you.

Old 09-19-2015, 06:44 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
I have a hard time wrapping my brain around being close to 40 and wanting to date a teenager.

Old 09-19-2015, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
She seems like trouble for an LTR, but if you can keep things just casual sex for a bit (this would probably have a short shelf life), that could work for both of you.
She has the most beautiful eyes and I think I would be happy to just get to know her better but I think it all leads to sex eventually, whether you like it or not. Only problem is that, young girls are easily impressed, therefore there is a side of me that tells me I shouldnt even be thinking about doing anything with someone this young, it has been always a moral dillema for me.

Old 09-19-2015, 06:47 AM

69 posts, read 76,335 times
In the long term, it probably wouldn't work because I do think it's too much of an age range considering she just passed her teens IMO. However life is short and she's legal so why not.

Old 09-19-2015, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I have a hard time wrapping my brain around being close to 40 and wanting to date a teenager.
I will give you the short version. Take away her immaturity, it is much more fun to be around someone who is young and full of life than being around a bitter, jaded woman my age who has 3 kids,and has been through a divorce or two.

I would not actively pursue a relationship with someone that young because we are on different pages but I would rather be around "fun" people than jaded, bitter people.

Old 09-19-2015, 06:54 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaConservative View Post
I will give you the short version. Take away her immaturity, it is much more fun to be around someone who is young and full of life than being around a bitter, jaded woman my age who has 3 kids,and has been through a divorce or two.

I would not actively pursue a relationship with someone that young because we are on different pages but I would rather be around "fun" people than jaded, bitter people.
It's unfortunate for you if you've never met any fun and full of life people closer to your age. They do exist.

If this girl was your daughter, would you want men twice her age, men your own age, pursuing her?

Old 09-19-2015, 06:59 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Poor girl. She has no clue, Lol

Old 09-19-2015, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
If this girl was your daughter, would you want men twice her age, men your own age, pursuing her?
To give you the honest answer, I would say, probably not!

Old 09-19-2015, 07:01 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
My daughter is 19 and I am 41. There would have to be some severe daddy issues going on for my daughter to go there, so much so that I can't really wrap my head around what I would say to a man my age at my front door.

I know this might tick off a few readers, but 19 is the worst. A perfect storm of know-it-all cluelessness. This is not the first time I've said it here, so I'm not making it up for your thread. I was terrible at 19 too. Thought I was all grown up and ready to elbow my way to my rightful place at the adult table. I am heavily prejudiced against that particular age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships