Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 04:05 PM

214 posts, read 330,930 times

Advertisements

I don't use it, but i think it's suited better to big cities than small - medium sized towns. My friend used it and said that the amount of women within our radius was poor. If you're living in a London, New York, L.A or cities with 800,000+ population, then it might well be more use to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2015, 04:08 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,756,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaConservative View Post
I have come to the conclusion that 95% of women on Tinder are open to casual sex regardless of their situation, age or what they say initially.

Usually, they will say stuff like "I am looking for a relationship" but you have to be kind of stupid or naive to look for a serious relationship on a hook-up app, right?

The group that has surprised me the most is women in their 45-50's. I used to think women in that age group are mostly done with casual sex and FWB types of deals but that is not what I have encountered lately.

I guess, it would be easier for us men if women were upfront about what they want but maybe they hesitate because don't want to be labeled as easy women or sluts?

Whatever the case may be, I think Tinder provides a very interesting insight into society and women's psychology.

What is your opinion?
I've never used Tinder, but my opinion is that women in their 40s and 50s are much more likely to want something casual. They're not interested in having more kids, or maybe they never wanted any, but at that age you won't find as many women just starting out. If they're divorced, they're less likely than men to want to remarry. Older women are usually (or more often) done taking care of other people and just want to enjoy themselves for a change.

Old 09-21-2015, 04:18 PM

507 posts, read 443,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I do have a friend of a friend who met her husband on Tinder. It is like any other app, you get out what you put in. But there are way more people looking for hookups. On the up note, not many people waste time with messages before meeting. There is a little less artifice. I did meet a few good guys via Tinder. In a way it was nice to see if we have some common connections, I like that you could see if you have common Facebook friends.
I've never used it and sense I would be too old to do so, anyway, but that last sentence of yours would definitely put me off of it. I don't connect anything with my Facebook account. That's just no one's business unless they're actually on my friends list.

Old 09-21-2015, 04:26 PM

957 posts, read 1,062,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaConservative View Post
I have come to the conclusion that 95% of women on Tinder are open to casual sex regardless of their situation, age or what they say initially.

Usually, they will say stuff like "I am looking for a relationship" but you have to be kind of stupid or naive to look for a serious relationship on a hook-up app, right?

The group that has surprised me the most is women in their 45-50's. I used to think women in that age group are mostly done with casual sex and FWB types of deals but that is not what I have encountered lately.

I guess, it would be easier for us men if women were upfront about what they want but maybe they hesitate because don't want to be labeled as easy women or sluts?

Whatever the case may be, I think Tinder provides a very interesting insight into society and women's psychology.

What is your opinion?
I mean... It's just another avenue to meet people and it's kind of fun. First dates from POF, OKC and Tinder yield the same results IMO.

I only use tinder now, it's more fun not knowing their life story and just causally meeting. I'm not the first meet Netflix and chill kinda guy though. Lol

Old 09-21-2015, 04:29 PM

957 posts, read 1,062,097 times
Quote:
I learned my lesson when I tried to use it as a dating site. LOL.

I got some weird messages. It was really a fun game to see how long someone would take to ask for a sexual act. Most people at least tried for some conversation. A few people went from Hi to blow job in 3 messages flat.
3 messages is all it takes?

I'm going to have to reevaluate my approach!

Old 09-21-2015, 04:43 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,937,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zennia View Post
I've never used it and sense I would be too old to do so, anyway, but that last sentence of yours would definitely put me off of it. I don't connect anything with my Facebook account. That's just no one's business unless they're actually on my friends list.
They don't post to Facebook. It just pulls in your friends list and profile photo. So you can see if you have common interests that you have noted on Facebook.

Old 09-21-2015, 04:50 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,937,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV84 View Post
3 messages is all it takes?

I'm going to have to reevaluate my approach!
Well for me that 3rd message warrants a text. To one of my friends so we can laugh! :P

Old 09-21-2015, 04:57 PM

507 posts, read 443,991 times
Quote:
They don't post to Facebook. It just pulls in your friends list and profile photo. So you can see if you have common interests that you have noted on Facebook.
I'm not talking about posting to Facebook. I'm talking about some rando on an app seeing people on my friends list and then going to his friends list, looking at the friends list of the buddy we have in common, finding me, and finding my real name. No way. In fact, I usually don't use photos of my face for my profile photos on FB, and when I do, I dang sure wouldn't use the same photo on a dating site or app. (On the other hand, I'm glad other people do, because I caught a few married men and overgrown party boys with a simple image search.)

Old 09-21-2015, 08:02 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,475,074 times
Tinder is more for casual sex. You should have sex with a Tinderella by your 2nd in-person interaction at the latest if you have tight game.

Old 09-21-2015, 09:35 PM

113 posts, read 223,857 times
I can't speak for all women, but for me, I'm just there for whatever experience comes along. I'd entertain the idea of a hookup, but it's not my primary purpose. I don't actually expect anything to come from Tinder other than serious amusement. That being said, I live in a small enough town that I've already seen at least 3 guys I know on there. Based on that alone, I wouldn't put in my profile that I'm open to hookups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships