Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 01:20 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,947 times

Advertisements

When she plays on her phone while I'm trying to talk her, It shows me that you're not interested and I'll excuse myself. She smells bad, a few days ago there was a beautiful woman in my class and I got up and sat in another seat because she smelled terrible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2015, 01:58 PM

195 posts, read 139,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
When she plays on her phone while I'm trying to talk her, It shows me that you're not interested and I'll excuse myself. She smells bad, a few days ago there was a beautiful woman in my class and I got up and sat in another seat because she smelled terrible.
Ew! It's crucial for women to always smell good.

Old 09-29-2015, 02:04 PM

52,292 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Probably for my love of Heavy Metal or too much car or technology talk, all of the typical things that are more associated with guys than girls.

I can imagine a woman wouldn't want to hear too much of that

Old 09-30-2015, 07:46 AM

2,508 posts, read 2,177,104 times
Note I don't care how a woman dresses or whether she wears a lot (or any) make-up. I also don't care what her hair looks like. However, she must shower on a regular basis & personal hygiene is a MUST. I have dated some women over the years that I've been quite attracted to initially, but when I've gone to kiss them they've had bad breath. A big turn-off.....

Old 09-30-2015, 07:55 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
Quote:
When she plays on her phone while I'm trying to talk her, It shows me that you're not interested and I'll excuse myself.
You are so polite . I would probably just get up and walk off.

Old 09-30-2015, 08:52 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,373,565 times
I haven't a clue since different people are turned off by different things.

ETA:

I may have one. Pregnancy/babies... baby names? Again, it depends on the guy. My husband was never married and childless when we met, and yet he was intrigued by it in many respects. He knew I planned homebirths with two previous children and would do the same if I were to have another. I'm a big advocate for low intervention childbirth and homebirth. I'm also a big breastfeeding advocate. He thought it was cool.

We also discussed our taste in baby names, 'cause it was important that he have similar, good, taste.

For him, he'd say he's turned off by religiosity, conservatism, a lack of interest or knowledge of current events, and lack of interest in things he's into (STEM, movies, music, skepticism, politics, etc.) Good thing we have the same turn offs.

Last edited by Metaphysique; 09-30-2015 at 09:01 AM..

Old 09-30-2015, 09:08 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,704,969 times
Talking about all the ways to dispose of a body seems to scare everyone away.

Seriously though, I don't think this stuff is gender related so much as personality and interest related.

I can talk to anyone in my book club about astronomy, science, biology, the latest archaeological discovery, Vikings TV show, whatever (man or woman) and we can have a great conversation. I try to talk about that stuff to someone who's addicted to realty TV, I get blank looks. You try to talk to me about reality TV, and I will give you blank looks.

Sports... I know men and women who are really into it and can talk about the latest football game. And I know men and women who don't follow football at all. Some don't follow any sports, some are into baseball or hockey more so than football, etc, etc.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:09 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
Being cheap and stingy

Old 09-30-2015, 09:13 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,110,560 times
Quote:
When she plays on her phone while I'm trying to talk her, It shows me that you're not interested
No kidding.. Just a couple months ago, I had a job candidate reply to a couple of texts during the interview. I pretty much told him that he was wasting my time and moved on.

I'd probably do the same with a date.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:26 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,373,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
Talking about all the ways to dispose of a body seems to scare everyone away.

Seriously though, I don't think this stuff is gender related so much as personality and interest related.

I can talk to anyone in my book club about astronomy, science, biology, the latest archaeological discovery, Vikings TV show, whatever (man or woman) and we can have a great conversation. I try to talk about that stuff to someone who's addicted to realty TV, I get blank looks. You try to talk to me about reality TV, and I will give you blank looks.

Sports... I know men and women who are really into it and can talk about the latest football game. And I know men and women who don't follow football at all. Some don't follow any sports, some are into baseball or hockey more so than football, etc, etc.
Yeah, I don't think it's gender related. Some things may attract more men than women. Interests or fields that are dominated by men, but there are women into these things, too.

My husband said a lot of women were turned off by his lack of religiosity -- atheism, which is male-dominated, secular humanism. Some were even "eh" about the degree of interest in certain things that are also male-dominated.

We do share near-identical interests. I have very few stereotypical "girl" interests. I happen to think my interests coincide with my personality (INT/FP). I get blank looks when talking to men or women about my interests if they're not interested in such things. I definitely think personality plays a bigger role than gender.

Neither of us are really into sports (not into watching on TV, but will attend a live game), but he's a career martian arts instructor, which is male-dominated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships