Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 04:43 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,461,642 times

Advertisements

Compared to "Sex and the City", HBO's "Girls" is more in-tune with the present era. If you are going to watch a girlie show, "Girls" might be the better option than the now dated "Sex and the City".

In fact, there's similarity between watching girlie shows and watching sports. They are both forms of escapism. They are detracting from living your own life. With sports, playing beats watching. Playing sports is healthy and a generally good use of time. Spending 6-8 hours on a weekday day watching football isn't the best use of time IMO. Same goes for watching any sport, especially during the regular season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2015, 04:57 PM

123 posts, read 103,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Yeah...but that seems like a girl's dream come true...would a guy ever actually say "you broke my heart", much less yell it? Sometimes I'm not even sure it is possible to break a guy's heart but maybe that's just me being cynical in my old age...ha.

Tell me what YOU think, OP!
Well I'm a sappy older guy but in tune with my feelings. And yes, it's possible to break a guy's heart. It's as excruciating to us as it is to you despite our differences and I realize that's hard to imagine for some. Perhaps we hide that side more often or don't even confess to it. But thank you ladies for chiming in.

Old 10-03-2015, 05:08 PM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
It is funny.
Best part is when Charlotte cut pictures of herself on the nudy magizines Trey was getting off too.

Oh and when Harry showed Charlotte the tacky apartment and he had the hots for her.

And Samantha made the huge poster of her boyfriend with him naked and the bottle at his crotch.
AND, when Charlotte was working hard at becoming a Jew. She lovingly prepared a Friday night Seder ceremony, and Harry wouldn't shut off the TV. "I gave up Jesus for you!", she said. Too funny.

Old 10-03-2015, 05:11 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clam84 View Post
Well I'm a sappy older guy but in tune with my feelings. And yes, it's possible to break a guy's heart. It's as excruciating to us as it is to you despite our differences and I realize that's hard to imagine for some. Perhaps we hide that side more often or don't even confess to it. But thank you ladies for chiming in.
I think anyone who truly loves someone is capable of having a broken heart.

Old 10-03-2015, 05:19 PM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Real life is hard. Give me fantasy, and I'm a happy camper. Sex and the City tapped into the fantasy, like Barbie's and fairy princesses. I think women will still enjoy it 20 years from now.

Old 10-03-2015, 05:20 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
AND, when Charlotte was working hard at becoming a Jew. She lovingly prepared a Friday night Seder ceremony, and Harry wouldn't shut off the TV. "I gave up Jesus for you!", she said. Too funny.
Lol! That was funny! I love when he was walking around naked and his hairy azz was on all the nice furniture. Hahaha.....she had a fit.

Old 10-03-2015, 05:32 PM

52,272 posts, read 52,700,922 times
LOL, I figured this thread would turn into people discussing their fav episodes......

Last edited by Chowhound; 10-03-2015 at 05:40 PM..

Old 10-03-2015, 05:39 PM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Loved the show but mostly couldn't stand Sarah J. P.

Old 10-03-2015, 06:06 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Ultimately the show was about female friendships, and I think that part was accurate.

The lavish parties, shoes at $400 a pop (3 out of 4 made their own money so shush), and Manhattan lifestyle? I've never lived in Manhattan so I don't know.

I enjoyed the show, it was fun.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-03-2015, 06:14 PM

52,272 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Ultimately the show was about female friendships, and I think that part was accurate.

The lavish parties, shoes at $400 a pop (3 out of 4 made their own money so shush), and Manhattan lifestyle? I've never lived in Manhattan so I don't know.

I enjoyed the show, it was fun.

Read some review about the show one time and they were talking about how silly the show is or whatever and the guy was going off about how Carry is always buying these really expensive designer shoes and living in Manhattan on a columnist salary, which apparently they don't make all that much money...

LOL, people get too involved in the minutia sometime, the show is supposed to be a light little guilty pleasure.... not supposed to think too much......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships