Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2015, 01:45 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,635 times

Advertisements

OP, sorry for derailing your thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetelle View Post
Here you go. National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey data. Pretty widely used big data set. Reports that the mean height of men during the survey period was 69 inches, mean height of women was 64 inches.

http://loristalter.com/wp-content/up..._1960_2002.pdf

Men in the US, generally, are taller than women in the US, generally. Specific men in the US may be shorter than specific women in the US.
This has nothing to do with anything. Here is a more relevant article:

Why It's So Rare for a Wife to Be Taller Than Her Husband - The Atlantic

Quote:
Now we can see that from same-height up to "man 7 to 8 inches taller", there are more couples than we would expect by chance. And below same-height—where the wife is taller—we see fewer in the population than we would expect by chance.
For the record, I'm currently pursuing a girl that's taller, significantly younger, and a different race than I am. So I don't really let these kinds of things affect me in my personal life.

But I think it's important to acknowledge what's really happening. Just my opinion, of course.

Ultimately, my point was relevant to the discussion in that women are just as shallow as men, but in different ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2015, 02:03 PM

231 posts, read 201,874 times
It's obviously about the money.

A less than attractive man can get a girl with better looks if he has enough money.

Money changes everything.

Old 10-04-2015, 02:23 PM

405 posts, read 325,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnidroid View Post
It's obviously about the money.

A less than attractive man can get a girl with better looks if he has enough money.

Money changes everything.
Yeah, I'd think so myself. Some here somewhat say otherwise though. They do definitely need to have a lot going for them at minimum to get the hot woman. As I said, it's like why would an attractive woman with a good personality pick an unattractive guy when she could pretty much get with any guy she wants. If there's two men & one guy is attractive & has a good personality & career against an unattractive guy with a good personality & career. Why in the world would she choose an unattractive guy when she has the options of infinite amount of attractive men with good personalities in her own league.

Old 10-04-2015, 02:30 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,704,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey4Life View Post
Yeah, I'd think so myself. Some here somewhat say otherwise though. They do definitely need to have a lot going for them at minimum to get the hot woman. As I said, it's like why would an attractive woman with a good personality pick an unattractive guy when she could pretty much get with any guy she wants. If there's two men & one guy is attractive & has a good personality & career against an unattractive guy with a good personality & career. Why in the world would she choose an unattractive guy when she has the options of infinite amount of attractive men with good personalities in her own league.
Because a success relationship is not about leagues.

Old 10-04-2015, 02:38 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,403,886 times
Men care about looks. Women it us usually 3rd to 4th on their list of priorities. We rarely see ugly men and attractive women, but it is not uncommon to see an average joe and an attractive woman.

Guess what? His game is better than yours.

Old 10-04-2015, 05:05 PM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
If a pretty woman is with a below average he is loaded or she's using him.
So if she likes him just because he makers her laugh and feel good about herself and is utterly committed to her--and that's what she really wants in a mate--she's using him? Okay. As the song goes:

"I want to spread the news
that if it feels this good being used,
you just keep on using me
until you use me up."

Old 10-04-2015, 05:07 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Men care about looks. Women it us usually 3rd to 4th on their list of priorities. We rarely see ugly men and attractive women, but it is not uncommon to see an average joe and an attractive woman.

Guess what? His game is better than yours.
We rarely see ugly men and good looking women? B.S.! At my work there are tons!!! And ugly women with hot men!

Last edited by Raena77; 10-04-2015 at 06:22 PM..

Old 10-04-2015, 06:10 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,330,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey4Life View Post
As I said, it's like why would an attractive woman with a good personality pick an unattractive guy when she could pretty much get with any guy she wants.
Maybe, the attractive woman likes the "less attractive" guy, so there will be less chance the guy can/will/might cheat/leave her. It goes the same for an attractive man dating/marrying a less attractive woman.

Old 10-04-2015, 06:32 PM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Maybe, the attractive woman likes the "less attractive" guy, so there will be less chance the guy can/will/might cheat/leave her. It goes the same for an attractive man dating/marrying a less attractive woman.
As the song goes:

"If you want to be happy for the rest of your life
Never make a pretty woman your wife.
So from my personal point of view
Get an ugly girl to marry you."

Old 10-04-2015, 06:44 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,330,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
As the song goes:

"If you want to be happy for the rest of your life
Never make a pretty woman your wife.
So from my personal point of view
Get an ugly girl to marry you."
Yeah, wasn't there some saying about, if you want to sleep soundly at night knowing your significant other isn't cheating on you, date/marry someone who is less attractive than you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships