Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 12:50 PM

75 posts, read 52,989 times

Advertisements

Ahhhhhh, got it "Just a Guy."

Using on-line dating to hop from home to home, and Woman to Woman? That's crazy!

Nope, didn't meet him that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2015, 02:33 PM

287 posts, read 237,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Love it! Good for you. He's in victim guilt trip mode. Kick his a$$ to the curb.
If I know this guy, and I think I do he is not in victim mode. Rather he is in preservation mode. He gets loud and angry because it shuts her down and ends the talk right there. If she gets angry back, he will appear to get even louder and angrier. Again, not because he is any angrier but because it stops her from proceeding with lectures or action items he needs to fulfill to get back in her good graces. He just has to sit back for a couple days until things cool down then it's back to business as usual.

OP this guy will employ whatever tactic it will take to keep you from getting any genuine effort out of him but at the same time will do anything to keep you from kicking him to the curb as you are a very comfortable plan B for him. He doesn't want any changes unless he is the one initiating them (ie. he finds someone he considers a trade up to you) It is a balancing act and I'm sure he considers himself a master at it.

Also, if you get serious about kicking him out, he will employ a different tactic where he will appear sweet and start saying how he will change, what an idiot he is for risking losing you, asking you to remember your good times, and how he will fight for the both of you. It is an act. A tactic to do just what I said, keep everything just the way it is...unless he wants out.

I don't know why I am divulging the playbook, but there it is, do with it what you will.

Old 10-09-2015, 02:36 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msross67 View Post
Can anyone tell me how to close this post? Have never done that before.

Will it close on it's own?
Shame it's a good thread.

I hope you get things sorted

Old 10-09-2015, 02:38 PM

507 posts, read 443,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
So she would have found out a few years later who he is and would be even more attached and hesitant to dump him? You think a few years later he would have more sex with her, cut the grass better, interact with her child and be more generous and helpful with chores and contributing to the household?

OP said he was GREAT before he moved in. He might have stayed GREAT for another few years if they only date and don't live together. And then what?? Marriage and THEN find out they are not compatible?

They weren't together for a year yet before they moved in. That's not even a full set of holidays. It's pretty easy to be charming for a year. Everything is new. It's when you've been through a few cycles with someone that you find out who they really are.

Which means my ex-BF's wife, whom he met, knocked up, and married within the space of one year, has about 2 years to go before she starts seeing the signs...

Old 10-09-2015, 03:21 PM

Silver8ack....thanks for the Playbook details!!! Hahaha!! I'll never forget them!

Zennia - you are RIGHT AGAIN my friend!!

Londoncowboy30 - thank you so much for the well wishes!!

Old 10-09-2015, 03:23 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msross67 View Post
Silver8ack....thanks for the Playbook details!!! Hahaha!! I'll never forget them!

Zennia - you are RIGHT AGAIN my friend!!

Londoncowboy30 - thank you so much for the well wishes!!
Your most welcome

Old 10-13-2015, 08:41 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
So did he move out??

Old 10-13-2015, 09:05 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
So did he move out??
She was here yesterday so I doubt it. Same old song and dance.

Old 10-14-2015, 09:46 AM

He's GONE!!!!

Thank you all so much for the support!!

Old 10-14-2015, 09:48 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
oh, wow. How did it go???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships