Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 05:51 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lucas View Post
For the women that actually do as you say, then I suppose it doesn't apply. I'm talking about the women that sit back with a funky attitude and complain that their aren't any good men, yet REFUSES to talk to the men they want because they feel that "it's the man's job."

Actually, I think they are full of crap. It's not about that, it's about them not wanting to get dissed and dismissed, but yet they expect guys to be confident enough to get dissed and dismissed on a regular and not be bothered by it.
Couldn't agree more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2015, 06:04 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,176,343 times
Well, no one - neither guys nor women - like to be rejected. My take on it is this: Whatever gender you are, just put yourself out there and if you get turned down, so be it. You'll never know until you try.

A while back, I turned down a woman who was very obviously into me, primarily because I wasn't into her physically. Shallow?! Yes, I guess so. But it would be dishonest for me to go out with a woman I'm not that attracted to. That being said, I was flattered & understand that it took guts on her part to make a move on me.

Even though we're into the second decade of the 21st century, unfortunately I still don't think women (in general) feel that comfortable hitting on random guys, even if they're into the guys. I wish this weren't the case, and would like it if all women felt just as comfortable boldly approaching guys as guys do re: women. To me, this type of thing would make the world a much better place....

Last edited by The Big Lebowski Dude; 11-09-2015 at 06:20 PM..

Old 11-09-2015, 06:51 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
Well, no one - neither guys nor women - like to be rejected. My take on it is this: Whatever gender you are, just put yourself out there and if you get turned down, so be it. You'll never know until you try.

A while back, I turned down a woman who was very obviously into me, primarily because I wasn't into her physically. Shallow?! Yes, I guess so. But it would be dishonest for me to go out with a woman I'm not that attracted to. That being said, I was flattered & understand that it took guts on her part to make a move on me.

Even though we're into the second decade of the 21st century, unfortunately I still don't think women (in general) feel that comfortable hitting on random guys, even if they're into the guys. I wish this weren't the case, and would like it if all women felt just as comfortable boldly approaching guys as guys do re: women. To me, this type of thing would make the world a much better place....
I personally don't put myself out there because women aren't interested in me. Along with everyone telling me no woman would come near me well it's no use knowing the opposite sex has no interest in you.

Old 11-09-2015, 07:20 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,057,090 times
Quote:
Speaking just for myself, absolutely. An easy, uncomplicated lay is all I'm really interested in. As I mentioned in an earlier post (on this thread), I have been approached by women for just that reason, and have had a blast in several cases. For the most part, I don't understand why a guy would turn down a woman if she makes it obvious she's just into casual sex and that's it - after all, there is a great invention called condoms that everyone can (and should) use in these situations.

Also speaking just for myself, I can best relate to women just sexually/intimately re: a one-nighter.

When it comes to my FWB "relationships", it goes slightly deeper than that. However, I still am not interested in anything truly emotional, serious, or long-term in these cases either.

After having been through some horrible "traditional relationships", I have 0 interest in another one. In fact, some ex-gf's have even called me a "commitment-phobe", and "emotionally distant" - which I am.
To each their own. I have not had good experiences with women that make things into me. I find that the top-of-the-line women will not be making moves on men and that, in general, the guy will have to put in the effort up front.

I've found that women that sleep with a guy early on tend to have tons of baggage and, in general, are very irresponsible.

Of course, YMMV.

I enjoy traditional dating and courting. I actually don't mind rejection and I've had great experiences with women that rejected me out of the gate, but came around (and they always come around). I've found that if a woman is giving me a hard time, chances are she's giving every guy a hard time.

Again, just my experiences.

Old 11-12-2015, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
To each their own. I have not had good experiences with women that make things into me. I find that the top-of-the-line women will not be making moves on men and that, in general, the guy will have to put in the effort up front.

I've found that women that sleep with a guy early on tend to have tons of baggage and, in general, are very irresponsible.
I completely disagree with all of the above bolded statements. In my experience, women that make the first move are confident with themselves & their sexuality. I have no issues with this, and think it's great.

As far as a guy putting the effort up front, #$%#$##@. This kind of attitude is why you have so many clueless tools pursuing women who have genuinely no interest in them, just because they seem to think that the woman is playing "hard to get" or "being coy". I have seen this happen with my own eyes, and it's pathetic & sad.

Old 11-12-2015, 08:34 PM

373 posts, read 482,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
Could you be one?
Or is the thought of picking up guys terrifying, and you would rather remain passive and wait for stars to align and maybe have a guy approach you?

If you are terrified by the thought, can you then sympathize more with, and be more receptive towards, guys who have less pickup game?

Guys-
Would you like it if more women went up to you with the same lines you use on them?

Some women say they can't meet a good guy, so why not go after the guy you want.
Girls do not need to be pickup artists. They just have to be willing to spread their legs easily.

Old 11-12-2015, 08:34 PM

Quote:
I completely disagree with all of the above bolded statements. In my experience, women that make the first move are confident with themselves & their sexuality. I have no issues with this, and think it's great.

As far as a guy putting the effort up front, #$%#$##@. This kind of attitude is why you have so many clueless tools walking around & pursuing women who have genuinely no interest in them, just because they seem to think that the woman is playing "hard to get" or "being coy". I have seen this happen with my own eyes, and it's pathetic & sad.
To each their own.

In all of the successful marriages that I've ever seen (especially where the woman is clearly out of the man's league), the men had to put in the effort and hustle.

The only time when I've seen a good-looking, quality woman actually put in the effort is when the guy was extremely good-looking himself.

For me, personally, I'm pretty picky for a guy so if I find a girl that's attractive, goal-oriented (and has proven to be working towards those goals), intelligent, and kind, best believe that I'll do what it takes to get her. If I come off as a "clueless tool", then so be it.

Old 11-12-2015, 08:39 PM

#@#$ a man having to put in the effort. I've never met a woman who was worth it. Again, I don't understand this mentality. Why should a guy have to do all the work?! It's 2015, not 1950.

Women have too much of the upper hand in dating anyway, and this kind of attitude just feeds into this.

Old 11-12-2015, 08:47 PM

Quote:
#@#$ a man having to put in the effort. I've never met a woman who was worth it. Again, I don't understand this mentality. Why should a guy have to do all the work?! It's 2015, not 1950.

Women have too much of the upper hand in dating anyway, and this kind of attitude just feeds into this.
I absolutely agree with you that women have the upper hand and that, in general, you should not put effort into just any woman (see my posts here, where I'm consistently called a "misogynist" by the feminist thinktank).

The fact is that most women are poor quality these days. Most are entitled and expect WAY more than they deserve.

I'm not talking about these women. I'm talking about women that are damn near perfect AND you are looking for something long-term with them. These women deserve that kind of effort.

An average woman? Hell no. I'm in complete agreement with you there.

Old 11-12-2015, 09:16 PM

15 posts, read 9,587 times
New to this area, just amazed at how nonchalant you guys are about just getting laid..how's a condom gonna protect you when she has herpes and [bleep]. Seems irresponible on everybodys part. One night stands owe you no allegiance, why are you so sure that your not exposing yourself to stds, herpes, crabs, genital warts or whatever else is our there. How do I verify somebody isn't passing that crap on???
Really need to find something about protecting ourselves and how you go about that. Christ, people that are not exclusive while they get to know each other don't have a chance...Really!
Checking out how getting back into a relationship after being married 21 yrs looks like a nightmare. Condoms my butt, HIV is happening are we ready to die a slow tortured stigma of a death over a hookup in disguise? Tell me there's safe sex and reassurances out there while we graze...

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-12-2015 at 09:30 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate language; not PG-13.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships