Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2015, 12:28 PM

36,563 posts, read 30,891,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoninternetguy View Post
wow, you opened my eyes with your insight
The case is older women are wiser women. We've been around, know what we want or at least what we don't, and we have what we need. We have a better sense of reality and are just looking for someone that is compatible and shares our goals and roughly our belief system, someone to be a companion, a friend, a lover. Someone who makes us smile, makes us laugh or someone we can just sit in silence with. We are not plotting to seduce the wealthy, successful, youthful Adonis, you know the <1%.

As the years go by that someone is harder to find because obviously more people have already paired up. There are just more single young people than single older people.
So maybe we cant get the ones with attributes we desire and wont settle for less but those desires are not a successful Adonis, though that would be a plus.

Old 12-10-2015, 12:32 PM

48,540 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Quote:
As a woman's level of attractiveness declines, so does the level of man she can get to commit.

This still cracks me up. Do you not realize that man's level of attractiveness also declines?

It's the same at any age, it's a combination of: attraction, personality, income, and a million other factors.

It is no different for men or women.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-10-2015, 12:35 PM

2,306 posts, read 1,705,266 times
Quote:
I suppose that would be the case if I had said it was the only attribute.

I did not.

Just one of the most important factors.
It is an important factor, but I wouldn't say it's the most important. And I think that's what women here are trying to say. For men who care first and foremost about looks, sure age can turn them away. But that's only a few men and seems to be limited to younger men that older women aren't usually interested in anyway. So what's the loss to older women? So they meet 10 men a month instead of 20? What's the loss if those missing 10 were only interested in her looks anyway? An attribute that fades for everyone no matter what? There are plenty of men who are interested in woman 40+, there are dating sits for it and men go there to find women their own age. A few crows feet aren't going to scare them away from a loyal, honest, kind, and beautiful woman. Why is that so hard to accept that not all men think just like you do, even when men here chime in and say so?

I was thinking about it while reading this thread again. Maybe in a way, maybe women are lucky in that age weeds out the superficial men... where as men attract more woman but many increase the number of superficial woman looking for a sugar daddy (since wealth tends to rise for everyone as we age).

Old 12-10-2015, 12:36 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,797,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
This still cracks me up. Do you not realize that man's level of attractiveness also declines?

It's the same at any age, it's a combination of: attraction, personality, income, and a million other factors.

But it is. His point, whether you agree with it or not, is that each gender (as a blended whole, not a universal one) values those points of attraction differently.

He submits that men value physical attractiveness more than women do, and I'd agree. Working with that assumption, getting older (and thus, less physically attractive) would hurt women more than men (I'd also submit that being broke, or short, for example, would hurt men more than women).

Obviously, you don't agree, but it's not as if he's suggesting that men don't get less attractive.

Edit: as a hypothetical, if men got shorter or poorer as they got older, they'd be absolutely horsef***ed!

Old 12-10-2015, 12:36 PM

252 posts, read 188,204 times
Quote:

Except it is.

Old 12-10-2015, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
But it is. His point, whether you agree with it or not, is that each gender (as a blended whole, not a universal one) values those points of attraction differently.

He submits that men value physical attractiveness more than women do, and I'd agree. Working with that assumption, getting older (and thus, less physically attractive) would hurt women more than men (I'd also submit that being broke, or short, for example, would hurt men more than women).

Obviously, you don't agree, but it's not as if he's suggesting that men don't get less attractive.

Old 12-10-2015, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
It is an important factor, but I wouldn't say it's the most important. And I think that's what women here are trying to say. For men who care first and foremost about looks, sure age can turn them away. But that's only a few men and seems to be limited to younger men that older women aren't usually interested in anyway. So what's the loss to older women? So they meet 10 men a month instead of 20? What's the loss if those missing 10 were only interested in her looks anyway? An attribute that fades for everyone no matter what? There are plenty of men who are interested in woman 40+, there are dating sits for it and men go there to find women their own age. A few crows feet aren't going to scare them away from a loyal, honest, kind, and beautiful woman. Why is that so hard to accept that not all men think just like you do, even when men here chime in and say so?

I was thinking about it while reading this thread again. Maybe in a way, maybe women are lucky in that age weeds out the superficial men... where as men attract more woman but many increase the number of superficial woman looking for a sugar daddy (since wealth tends to rise for everyone as we age).
I never said that all men think my way.

Old 12-10-2015, 12:43 PM

Quote:

Of course it does, but in different ways and at a different rate.

Old 12-10-2015, 12:43 PM

48,540 posts, read 34,891,275 times
I agree with the premise that men are not judged as highly on looks. The whole men get more distinguished thing. I think the guys here are counting on that a little much though.

I was appalled at how many men were out of shape and looked OLD when I was dating in my mid-40s.

Sorry guys, I wouldn't date what I'm not attracted to. I had money, so unless you were very, very wealthy that didn't count in their favor either.

And in this day and age, it's not uncommon to get younger guys, it seems to be a "thing." I had about equal 20 somethings and 60 somethings. Sure my demographic of 40s had the least, but enough.

I never cared if a guy dated younger, it's none of my business.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-10-2015, 12:44 PM

930 posts, read 700,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post

This is a good point. Even younger women struggle with dating if they're not particularly attractive. One of my best friends is dealing with this situation. She's 27. She has a Master's from a top 10 uni. She has a good job. She comes from a wealthy family. She's a nice, caring, grounded person. But she absolutely struggles with dating and finding a guy who would be interested in her. I think it's because she has a very masculine face. She has a strong resemblance to her older Jewish father.

Like you said, guys struggle when they're shorter or broke. But if neither of those apply, I think that women are more forgiving in other areas such as physical attractiveness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships