Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2015, 12:03 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,535,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoninternetguy View Post
Here's the deal. There will always be some chump willing to date just about any level of woman.

So, is it hard for older women to find men that will be with them? No. But that's not the real crux of the issue now is it?

Look anywhere around the internet and you will find women complaining about men their age dating younger women. It's not the chumps that are happy to have a woman around that are doing this. It's the successful, in shape, attractive older men, the ones the older women actually desire.

So, in my opinion, no its not hard for older women to get A man, but I do think it is harder for them to get the really desirable ones, at least on a commitment level, much more so than it was in their youth.
If anything when it comes to commitment women have it easier finding that in there 20s surely?, as men are a lot more reliable and commited in there 40s than there 20s.

Old 12-10-2015, 12:09 PM

252 posts, read 188,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
If anything when it comes to commitment women have it easier finding that in there 20s surely?, as men are a lot more reliable and commited in there 40s than there 20s.
As a woman's level of attractiveness declines, so does the level of man she can get to commit.

Per my original statement, I don't think older women have any issue getting commitment. I do, however, believe they struggle to get the ones they truly desire to commit. Hence why you see so much complaining about men dating younger women.

As much as it sucks to say, the heaviest weight on the attractiveness scale for women is physical appearance. I'm sorry, but it's reality.

Old 12-10-2015, 12:11 PM

565 posts, read 433,209 times
Quote:
As a woman's level of attractiveness declines, so does the level of man she can get to commit.

Per my original statement, I don't think older women have any issue getting commitment. I do, however, believe they struggle to get the ones they truly desire to commit. Hence why you see so much complaining about men dating younger women.

As much as it sucks to say, the heaviest weight on the attractiveness scale for women is physical appearance. I'm sorry, but it's reality.
Oh stop it. CDR female posters get more attractive with age. Its untrue that all men found them more attractive when they were 22. They are most attractive at whatever age they are now.

Old 12-10-2015, 12:16 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,797,837 times
Quote:

Precisely true. The same can be said for men if they were to lose a quality that weighs heavily on THEIR attractiveness scale (the specifics of which are up for debate, but ultimately don't matter; the concept still applies).

Although, as per one of my previous posts, I still don't know if I'd use the word "struggle". I'd say it's MORE difficult than at a younger age, but "more difficult" is not the same as "difficult".

Old 12-10-2015, 12:17 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,797,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2015 View Post
Oh stop it. CDR female posters get more attractive with age. Its untrue that all men found them more attractive when they were 22. They are most attractive at whatever age they are now.
Ahh, ICWUDT!

Old 12-10-2015, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Precisely true. The same can be said for men if they were to lose a quality that weighs heavily on THEIR attractiveness scale (the specifics of which are up for debate, but ultimately don't matter; the concept still applies).

Although, as per one of my previous posts, I still don't know if I'd use the word "struggle". I'd say it's MORE difficult than at a younger age, but "more difficult" is not the same as "difficult".
Agree completely. Struggle may be a stretch.

Old 12-10-2015, 12:19 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,017,402 times
Quote:

I suppose this would be the case if someone simply wanted a trophy to parade around on their arm.

The reality that I've seen is that most people who desire committed relationships want someone that they can relate to in other aspects. While, yes, physical attractiveness is a consideration, it's certainly not even close to the entire package.

Old 12-10-2015, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
I suppose this would be the case if someone simply wanted a trophy to parade around on their arm.

The reality that I've seen is that most people who desire committed relationships want someone that they can relate to in other aspects. While, yes, physical attractiveness is a consideration, it's certainly not even close to the entire package.
I suppose that would be the case if I had said it was the only attribute.

I did not.

Just one of the most important factors.

Old 12-10-2015, 12:24 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,017,402 times
Quote:
I suppose that would be the case if I had said it was the only attribute.

I did not.

Just one of the most important factors.
The way you phrased it sure sounded like it was the most important factor.

Though, I do find it very interesting that you speak of this as some sort of universal reality. Interesting, though truly not surprising.

Old 12-10-2015, 12:26 PM

48,537 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Some guys just refuse to get it. There pacifier now is that when they get older they will be dating young chicks or the 40-ish will be begging them for attention.

Honestly, it doesn't really work out that way. How many of the nay sayers are ACTUALLY an over 40 female?

Yeah, you're not. You are speculating, and we are (have) living it.

Is a twenty two year old (good shape) body/face more attractive than a 40 year old (good shape)? Well of course. That's not even the point, that's common sense. But thanks for pointing out again.... water is wet.

I've never found that fact mattered in the least. I've never had problems with men committing at any age (not all of them certainly, but a lot). And yeah, nice try: if we found someone to commit they are beta males. ROFL. Do you have any idea how you sound? You think you "layin' down some truth", but you sound like ignorant teens in your parents basement.

I've found in general 40/50 year old men prefer women their own age. Sure they may date down now and them, heck I did, though I had no interest in those more than a decade younger, but stats show that most people marry in their own age range.

I hope some here can get enough of a life to share their realities, instead of speculating on what it's like to be someone else.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships