Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 08:38 AM

442 posts, read 1,081,549 times

Advertisements

To answer the original question: Of course. Past a certain age, you get sick of the stupid games and contortions of the whole idiotic dating game.

Oh, and women in or about retirement age typically aren't inclined to "date" anymore, which is kid's stuff, by the way, because most of the men in their age bracket are DEAD or married.

"Physical attraction" has little to do with it. Worrying about "taking care" of a man who looks like he is about to die or has major medical problems has a lot to do with it.

Stop shaming women in an older age bracket because they don't care to partake in the idiotic "dating game" anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2016, 08:40 AM

2,767 posts, read 2,244,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonysam View Post
Stop shaming women in an older age bracket because they don't care to partake in the idiotic "dating game" anymore.
Actually I'm talking about both genders. But it's been widely accepted most men are visual so i included women because it's not something we think pertains to them as well.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
from my observations humans seem to slow down and lose interest in dating / mating after child bearing age or men over 50?

it reminds me of how other mammals behave when they are at the peak of their breeding age and when they complete their cycle?

kind of like when the Salmon fight to go upstream to fertilize the eggs, then when they complete their mission they die or never return to the sea.

or during Springtime when the birds go crazy trying to find a mate and build a nest.

when women have children they have a different attitude, they seem to feel they completed their mission in life and the feeling of finding love and relationships seems to die down, not the same as when they were young, plus the males tend to lose interest the older the women gets.

It would be nice if people would quit using "evolutionary psychology" babble trying to explain things.

Humans are not guided by instinct.

Your sexism is offensive. Women aren't put on this earth to breed for men like you.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:43 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,591,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by torontocheeka View Post
My mom is 61 and just started dating a 67-year-old. And she's acting like a lovestruck teenager; they both are, actually. So I don't know about that?

Besides! Aren't they just the cutest?: http://s9.postimg.org/vepztkyrz/20160220_160719.jpg

I personally think we all want companionship throughout our lives and it's just a matter of whether we're still able to attract it.
They both look A LOT younger

( if you don't mind me saying of course )

Old 02-23-2016, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
Actually I'm talking about both genders. But it's been widely accepted most men are visual so i included women because it's not something we think pertains to them as well.
That is a lie, too. Men are not more "visual" than women. There are no facts backing that up. If you really think you are more attractive than a woman your age bracket, you need to look hard in the mirror.

The truth is most men look horrible after age 50, thanks to physical labor mostly destroying their physical attractiveness. They look FAR worse than women, but in our sexist culture, men can look like hell, but women are not allowed to age.

Men use the "visual excuse" as an excuse to demand women be [BLEEP] throughout their lifetimes. It largely explains why women have such self-hatred about their bodies and themselves. Women have to engage in contortion acts both mentally and physically in order to get "love" and financial support from a man, since women are still at a huge disadvantage in the labor market.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-04-2016 at 12:52 PM..

Old 02-23-2016, 08:46 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,342,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
I can assure you I haven't overlooked anything mate .

I've been turned down God knows how many times yet I've done very well out of it with the opposite sex, and he's not had complete rejection has he? No he's had girlfriends and flings etc. We all get a little down now and again and our confidence suffers but the trick is to pick yourself up and keep going.

Now my post was not aimed at 49 but I was in agreement with Ohio peasant that's all or is what he said wrong as well?.

However yes I've never had a problem if honest in that department so I'm probably not the best judge so how does a man that gets constantly rejected improve his confidence then?

EDIT: ps I've only ever encouraged both 49 and other to improve their confidence and themselves on numerous occasions mate and I'm sure you've seen it haven't you?.
Yeah you have. I shouldn't have taken out my frustrations out on you. Instead of focusing on the negatives I will focus on the positive. While it's not high, I have had some success with women.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:51 AM

10,929 posts, read 11,777,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
I'm a 52 year old divorced man, own my home and have my financial house in order. Good job and manageable baggage.....

I've found that women my age in the same boat don't have dating high on their priority list. I'm rapidly heading in this direction.

It's nice to NOT have to compromise on major issues, and if I don't want to go to a certain event....I just don't go. The flip side of that is that I can do whatever I want, like changing my work schedule around football season.

It's a silly example that I haven't pursued (the football thing), but it's the FREEDOM knowing that I can that makes me feel good.

Cheers everyone.....my golf clubs are waiting for me in the car.
You can't convince these kids of that. They are terrified of growing old and their concept of old is based generally on a parent-child relationship.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:58 AM

854 posts, read 589,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
They totally are!

Thanks!

I'm so happy for her.

Old 02-23-2016, 11:35 AM

2,624 posts, read 2,356,561 times
Quote:
The truth is most men look horrible after age 50, thanks to physical labor mostly destroying their physical attractiveness. They look FAR worse than women, but in our sexist culture, men can look like hell, but women are not allowed to age.

I didn't know this. How does physical labor destroy a man's physical attractiveness.

Old 02-23-2016, 04:16 PM

13,725 posts, read 9,823,044 times
Quote:
To answer the original question: Of course. Past a certain age, you get sick of the stupid games and contortions of the whole idiotic dating game.

Oh, and women in or about retirement age typically aren't inclined to "date" anymore, which is kid's stuff, by the way, because most of the men in their age bracket are DEAD or married.

"Physical attraction" has little to do with it. Worrying about "taking care" of a man who looks like he is about to die or has major medical problems has a lot to do with it.

The game is veritably idiotic, at any age; there is no shame in so admitting. But not all those who age, are fraught with illness or malaise of poor constitution. And not everyone who's failed in relationships, has comprehensively failed in life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships