Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 12:43 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,533,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
People say dating is fun.. It isn't fun if you're getting rejected left and right or getting a woman and it doesn't last. That gets old because who wants to date constantly over and over?
I'll grant you I'm lucky I don't get rejected left, right and centre and am in that select group that say it's fun, but it depends on what you're looking for?, if it's a bit of fun then is great until someone wants to make it more serious ( that's why mine ended ).

But it suits me at the minute, the whole point of no strings is no dramas but unfortunately it can happen and often does regardless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2016, 12:46 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
I'll grant you I'm lucky I don't get rejected left, right and centre and am in that select group that say it's fun, but it depends on what you're looking for?, if it's a bit of fun then is great until someone wants to make it more serious ( that's why mine ended ).

But it suits me at the minute, the whole point of no strings is no dramas but unfortunately it can happen and often does regardless.
I'd like to be in a serious relationship someday but I am so used to women telling me no I assume they will all say no. What's the point if I keep getting turned down and dumped constantly? I'm better off living alone like I am now.

Old 02-22-2016, 12:51 PM

Quote:
I'd like to be in a serious relationship someday but I am so used to women telling me no I assume they will all say no. What's the point if I keep getting turned down and dumped constantly? I'm better off living alone like I am now.
That's your problem!,

If you go in half heartily thinking she will say no then she will as she will sense your low opinion of yourself plus you would come off as not really interested in there eyes.

Old 02-22-2016, 12:54 PM

Quote:
That's your problem!,

If you go in half heartily thinking she will say no then she will as she will sense your low opinion of yourself plus you would come off as not really interested in there eyes.
Oh well then..

Old 02-22-2016, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Oh well then..
Oh well then what?

I was trying to help you mate! Won't be bothering in the future

Last edited by Londoncowboy30; 02-22-2016 at 01:07 PM.. Reason: Removed swear word

Old 02-22-2016, 01:06 PM

13,660 posts, read 9,724,335 times
Quote:
And that's the perverse irony of it all... bad experiences lead to jadedness and hesitation, which are sensed, and lead to further bad experiences... and so forth, in a self-reinforcing negative loop.

Old 02-22-2016, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Oh well then what?

I was trying to help you mate! Won't be bothering in the future
I know you are.. I apologize to you. It's just my love life is so gloomy and depressing. It really starts getting to you after while.

Old 02-22-2016, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
And that's the perverse irony of it all... bad experiences lead to jadedness and hesitation, which are sensed, and lead to further bad experiences... and so forth, in a self-reinforcing negative loop.
Exactly!!!

If a defeatist attitude makes them so blind and oblivious to the fact that they are their own worst enemy then so be it.

Old 02-22-2016, 01:19 PM

Quote:
I know you are.. I apologize to you. It's just my love life is so gloomy and depressing. It really starts getting to you after while.
No worries

Old 02-22-2016, 01:20 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
So true. But who can stop that reinforcing loop? One could leave it to chance and wait for a serendipitous positive response from a woman, or proactively work on eliminating or at least accounting for any attitude issues that might be hurting that chance. Those are the choices, it seems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships