Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 11:38 AM

405 posts, read 241,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
You make good points, and echo what I've heard from a wise and sensible young lady in private correspondence on this Forum, who also pointed out the strangeness of my personal experience. Perhaps it really is local. Depending on where the OP lives, his prospects may indeed be excellent, and far better than he fears. The problem then isn't bad odds, but how to motivate oneself to go about exploring and interacting.

I live in a conservative and economically depressed area. We do have our share of professionals, of people with thriving careers and impressive investments and so forth. It's not all meth and welfare by any means. But our DINKS are not doctors and lawyers, or accountants and engineers. They are part-time clerks at Walmart and part-time home health-aides. Success it seems here correlates so tightly with family-formation. To be sure, many people couple and reproduce without solid prospects for themselves or their children. Becoming a parent doesn't imply living a fulfilling life. But the reverse implication seems to hold; find a non-parent, and you find somebody with great struggles and frustrations. We don't have power-couples with the accouterments and accumulations of upper-middle-class suburban life, but without the kids.
I live in the Northeast, overall prospects aren't that great overall (been in the northeast since 2001 when i moved from California), there is a certain type of girl that i look for (she must be white and have a big butt, on top of the other factors I mentioned) which i don't feel is asking too much, but for the most part I see girls who while maybe pretty to look at (facially) are usually lacking in the butt area and for me that ruins it all, some may say i should expand my horizons and look at other ethnicities but I know what I like and I have been single this long if I have to keep waiting then so be it. If the right girl comes along I would not mind putting in the effort but I just have not seen many that do it for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships