Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 05:20 PM

3,769 posts, read 6,774,799 times

Advertisements

Thanks everyone for your input. I'll find out when she's free. Then I'll ask her what kind of food she likes and research the best place to go and take her there. I'm pretty good at finding really good places to eat. But I need to know what she likes. I like everything so no problem there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2016, 05:21 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,600,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
Thanks everyone for your input. I'll find out when she's free. Then I'll ask her what kind of food she likes and research the best place to go and take her there. I'm pretty good at finding really good places to eat. But I need to know what she likes. I like everything so no problem there.
Great plan

Old 05-02-2016, 05:21 PM

37,823 posts, read 46,374,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Except like lots of things posted, it isn't true. Plenty of 30 and 40 something women prefer keeping terminology casual and hate the idea of "dating", they hang out with the people they're seeing and prefer it that way. Plenty of people even marry and never use terminology like dating, or boyfriend / girlfriend, and gasp... loads of people HATE HATE HATE dating or being asked out on a date formally.

I like the process, asking someone out, making a plan, picking them up and executing it... but believe me, there are just as many women that hate that formal approach as there are that like it.
You know some very different women than the gals that I know. We've established that previously.

Old 05-02-2016, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You know some very different women than the gals that I know. We've established that previously.
I agree w u too. That's why I decided to be a little more formal and ask her to a specific restaurant and pick her up.

Old 05-02-2016, 07:11 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,824,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Be aware of girls who like horses... I know that sounds like a silly statement... just beware. Any woman who likes horses wants a fairytale and expensive ones. Also any woman who wants to ride a big beast is going to expect to ride you. Which could be bad if you dont like being on the bottom. :-)
Especially if she weighs as much as a horse.

Old 05-02-2016, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Especially if she weighs as much as a horse.
Not nice. She is thin

Old 05-03-2016, 08:15 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,469,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
Don't ever ask a woman to "hang out" if you are interested in dating her. To a woman it sounds like you're not sure whether you want to date her or not. She doesn't know where she stands with you. Friend? Romantic interest???
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Except like lots of things posted, it isn't true. Plenty of 30 and 40 something women prefer keeping terminology casual and hate the idea of "dating", they hang out with the people they're seeing and prefer it that way. Plenty of people even marry and never use terminology like dating, or boyfriend / girlfriend, and gasp... loads of people HATE HATE HATE dating or being asked out on a date formally.
I'm not a huge fan of labels. However, in my experience, if a guy tells me he wants to hang out sometime shortly after meeting, I've already been "friend zoned". I've never had a guy ask me to hang out and have that mean he's asking me on a date; but I do have a lot of male friends. And no, I'm not misinterpreting because when we do hang out, they will ask for my advice on meeting/dating other women.

So based on my experience (and this goes back to grade school), if a guy asked me to hang out when he was really asking for a formal date, I'd just assume he wasn't interested in dating me but saw value in me as a potential friend. *shrugs*

Old 05-05-2016, 05:15 PM

It didn't go well. I messaged her again and she said she is sick, and said she would have to make it another time. I just said, "I'm sorry, hope you feel better soon."

I don't like to waste time going after people who give excuses. We've all been through that and it's almost always a waste of time. The only exception is when they are specific about setting up a new date time. Anyway, balls in her court. Time to move on.

Old 05-06-2016, 01:29 AM

914 posts, read 742,919 times
Quote:
It didn't go well. I messaged her again and she said she is sick, and said she would have to make it another time. I just said, "I'm sorry, hope you feel better soon."

I don't like to waste time going after people who give excuses. We've all been through that and it's almost always a waste of time. The only exception is when they are specific about setting up a new date time. Anyway, balls in her court. Time to move on.
I'm sorry to hear that she cancelled At least you tried. And yeah, I agree - the ball is in her court now!

Old 05-06-2016, 08:32 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,469,288 times
Quote:

Maybe she really is sick, it's not an excuse to get out of seeing you and the last thing she wants to think about while puking her guts out is her social calendar. Just a thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships