Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 10:19 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
My assumption derived from my life experience that men with full heads of hair rarely shave their head, evidently you are just exceptional! I don't see that the guy I directed the comment to has denied my assertion.

Were you trying to emulate someone? Your father, Michael Jordan, Lenin?
No, my dad had lots of hair, as does my brother (dudes hair is freaking thick). And no, not anyone else. But lots of people I know did crew cuts, that was super common in the 90s. I just decided I didn't want to deal with it anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2016, 10:55 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manteca man View Post
There's nothing WRONG with women wanting to be physically turned on by their men, but women like to promote the idea that they are LESS shallow than men. And yes, some women do date men who appear to be much less attractive than them, but it's not because she's not shallow, it just means she's made sure that he has money, or status, or swagger.

THAT's the rub, that men get aggravated about, that many women promote the idea that they are morally superior because they only look for *real* qualities in men, whereas men only want big breasts and a DTF attitude in a woman.
Is it less shallow or morally superior because they are not the same thing.
Most men I know readily agree women are "less shallow", if that's what your calling it, when it comes to such things. Even men will say "men are visual".

My male colleagues and I were discussing something similar. A guy we went to school with who is barely a one on the scale and a bit nuts, posted a pic on FB of his hot ex girl friend. My colleague stated the woman is bonafide crazy. I'm like well duh, and say I dont know how it escapes men who are a 1 and end up with a 100 that the chick is BS crazy. All my male colleagues give me a confused look like how could I not understand and said "but shes hot". Thats the general attitude I see, as long as she is hot, nothing else matters.

Old 05-26-2016, 07:12 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,620,773 times
I've been communicating with a guy via OLD who could use a hair transplant. Do I prefer a full head of hair? ABSOLUTELY, but it doesn't mean I've made it a dealbreaker if the guy doesn't have it.

Old 05-26-2016, 08:58 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,211,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
A guy we went to school with who is barely a one on the scale and a bit nuts, posted a pic on FB of his hot ex girl friend. My colleague stated the woman is bonafide crazy. I'm like well duh, and say I dont know how it escapes men who are a 1 and end up with a 100 that the chick is BS crazy. All my male colleagues give me a confused look like how could I not understand and said "but shes hot". Thats the general attitude I see, as long as she is hot, nothing else matters.
Based on your description it seems more probable to me he used photoshopped pics or is in some other way fictionalizing a relationship with a hot woman to gain status.

Old 05-27-2016, 08:43 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
Based on your description it seems more probable to me he used photoshopped pics or is in some other way fictionalizing a relationship with a hot woman to gain status.
Nope. He could give a crap about status. This woman also has a FB page that my colleague looked at. That's why he verified this woman as crazy. Why is it so hard for you to believe. I also have a friend who is probably 450 lbs. and missing his front teeth that hooked up with this very petite hot blond for a while who proved to be BSC. I have seen this scenario played out a few times.

Old 05-27-2016, 08:53 AM
SQL

1,337 posts, read 1,194,376 times
I'm a straight male, and I'll argue that he looked good in either of those pics.

I'll also say that I'm superficial with regards to some physical features as well. If she's got a messed up grill, or if she's overweight, or if she's super tall, I'm probably going to pass on her, too.

We all have our preferences is the moral of the story.

Old 05-29-2016, 04:52 PM

1,188 posts, read 959,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
He does look facially very different in the two pictures. Not because of the hair. The face. Anyone can see it.
Yes, but the hair is what frames your face and can therefore be essential to a guy's handsomeness. You can't put "hair" and "face" into separate categories; they're intertwined.

I'm in my late 20s with hair loss and I'd gladly shell our $5,000-$10,000 to get back a full head of hair. Because my hair loss is still at the point where I can grow it out long to cover it up (somewhat), I'll probably wait 2-3 more years to see if it stabilizes and/or wait for better hair transplant technology to come out.

I don't see any difference between getting a hair transplant and getting braces for your teeth. Or how about the South Koreans getting eyelid surgery? The fact is that having physical flaws greatly affects one's potential for success and happiness in life. Spending thousands to remedy physical flaws is an investment that pays off.

Old 05-29-2016, 05:13 PM

1,188 posts, read 959,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
Interesting. When I was on OKC I got as many or more responses after I shaved my head than before, and many of those were initially contacting me. Go figure.
Yea, but what was "before" like? I think everyone agrees that a shaved head on a severely balded guy looks better than a few long stands of hair stick out on top (e.g. Jack Nicholson). But there is no guy who looks better bald than with a full head of hair.

Old 05-30-2016, 08:47 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,897,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I think it would be more accurate if his after picture was identical to the before one, with the only difference being his hairstyle.

IMO, it's pretty disingenuous to show him in a sharp black dress shirt with the facial hair and a come-hither expression, and claim it's his hair that attracted more matches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Eh...how is it different than a woman getting a boob job?

Not that he really looked that bad before...seriously how much is due to the tan and the 2-day-beard look?
The second photo has him looking way more confident and he has swagger. Not sure how much the hair had to do with it.

Old 05-30-2016, 08:48 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,897,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
Interesting. When I was on OKC I got as many or more responses after I shaved my head than before, and many of those were initially contacting me. Go figure.
I am on #teambald.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships